66% Off Samplitude Pro X5 Suite (Get free BX Digitial V3, SpectraLayers Pro 7, iZotope RX 7 Elements & Ozone 9 Elements, coreFX Suite, SOUND FORGE Pro13)

Kal S

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They are now in your REGULAR Magix Account.  They were merged a while ago Aidan...

@cclarry Yip thats the case for alot of the other apps like Acid, Soundforge etc BUT NOT Where Samplitude X3 Suite ( or any other samplitude download )  is concerned. No INSTALLATION PROGRAM Link, just the serial.

People complaining about this over at -

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/download-for-samplitude-pro-x-iii-suite-is-no-available-anywhere--1258508/

https://community.samplitude.com/topic/52043-magix-pro-audio-download-links-2020/ 

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@cclarry Yip thats the case for alot of the other apps like Acid, Soundforge etc BUT NOT Where Samplitude X3 Suite ( or any other samplitude download )  is concerned. No INSTALLATION PROGRAM Link, just the serial.

People complaining about this over at -

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/download-for-samplitude-pro-x-iii-suite-is-no-available-anywhere--1258508/

https://community.samplitude.com/topic/52043-magix-pro-audio-download-links-2020/ 

Yes..that's true...didn't know you were referring to the "older" downloads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i dont get it. this comes with the same vers of Spectral Layers that Steinberg sell? Makes no sense.

Spectral Layers was, at one time, a Magix Product, but they sold it to Steinberg, but still sell the 
Product.  It was probably part of the sale agreement that they would retain the right to sell the
product, but IDK that for sure

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Spectral Layers was, at one time, a Magix Product, but they sold it to Steinberg, but still sell the 
Product.  It was probably part of the sale agreement that they would retain the right to sell the
product, but IDK that for sure

thanks. yeah, i recall the sale but just very strange that it gets bundled in Magix products. So does that mean SL 8 will get included in the next version of Samplitude maybe?

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

thanks. yeah, i recall the sale but just very strange that it gets bundled in Magix products. So does that mean SL 8 will get included in the next version of Samplitude maybe?

Spectral Layers Pro is only available in the Suite version of Samplitude, which contains many extras over
just the regular version of Pro X.  It is the bundling of the additional products, like Sound Forge Pro and 
Spectral Layers, that makes it a "Suite"

On 3/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, cclarry said:

Spectral Layers Pro is only available in the Suite version of Samplitude, which contains many extras over
just the regular version of Pro X.  It is the bundling of the additional products, like Sound Forge Pro and 
Spectral Layers, that makes it a "Suite"

Samplitude Pro X Suite is basically what used to be called Samplitude Pro (and used to cost $1,000).

Current Samplitude Pro is basically a cut down version of that.

Basically, the better Restoration and Mastering features are what separate Pro X Suite from Pro X.  The Suite portion is simply a really terrible renaming of a product line.  The other stuff in the package actually post-date the name change 😉

Samplitude is a decent DAW, but the performance is terrible, and I had to ditch it.  $199 is too high, considering I'd be buying bug fixes and MAGIX is not great with support, especially once a new version hits shelves (they release patches, but they're miniscule and do not address the bigger issues, as those issues drive locked-in users to upgrade).

I'd only buy this if I wanted SpectraLayers ($100 cheaper than from Steinberg), but I don't need it since Cubase comes with the One version and it does the one thing I need from it - remove vocals from music 😛 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maestro said:

I'd only buy this if I wanted SpectraLayers ($100 cheaper than from Steinberg), but I don't need it since Cubase comes with the One version and it does the one thing I need from it - remove vocals from music

SpectraLayers Pro allows to split other features and also deconstruct audio into its basic building blocks(pitch, transient and rithm), then edit each aspect separately.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

SpectraLayers Pro allows to split other features and also deconstruct audio into its basic building blocks(pitch, transient and rithm), then edit each aspect separately.

I don't need that.

I only need to be able to get the vocals out because I do music design for sports (Gymnastics floor routines, figure skaters, etc.) and the vocals in popular music sometimes make it impossible to get a good edit with the music.  Removing them remedies that 😉 

I remove the vocals, and then I cut it like any classical piece, etc. and I can always just at the vocals back at different places where needed.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:51 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I couldn't get it to that without lots of artifacts using the demo. 

Rocky

On 3/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

iZotope has more features. The killer unmix feature is the same on both of them. It uses the same datasets even. Interface wise, SpectraLayers is better. Less "baby's first audio editor"  than RX.

For some reason I read RX as Ozone so was scratching my head till I realized I cannot read.... Spectral Layers Pro 7 has less artifacts from my experience, but RX Advanced will let background vocals through in many cases. In spectral Layers you can additionally split the stems into sub components (sometimes this will separate background vocals from the lead, but is iffy - can check the content for each layer as you go), but you may also need some post mixing to get the desired result.

I forget offhand if RX Standard will do this, and RX (via the Mix Rebalance) doesn't actually give you the ability to export stem tracks to work with elsewhere (that I am aware of) but Spectral Layers does. The price point between Spectral Layers and RX Advanced is also significantly different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mettelus said:

The price point between Spectral Layers and RX Advanced is also significantly different.

Even with that, they're essentially the same product made for the same task. Difference being RX is considerably more expensive and went for a more "audio editor" interface, while SpectraLayers went for the "this is Photoshop for audio" one.

9 hours ago, bluzdog said:

I couldn't get it to that without lots of artifacts using the demo. 

Rocky

The artifacts are the same across all versions, since they use the exact same machine learning datasets. Only difference might be one product using the experimental 17K models (the original datasets were trained with frequencies up to 11K) and some tweaks. Explanations for that can be read on the Spleeter manual.