Scaler 2.1.2 Update 2 Oct 2020 (Not a Deal)

ZincT

2 hours ago, Steve Harder said:

I would suggest waiting to update to 2.1.1.  Multiple Cakewalk users, including me, have noted an issue with Scaler 2.1.1  causing Cakewalk to ignore mouse doubleclicks.  For instance you can't doubleclick a track name and have the edit window open.  Can't doubleclick in the File Open dialog.

Thanks for the heads-up - I also just rolled back. I thought my mouse was playing up at first. 

13 minutes ago, John Maar said:

No problem missing doubleclicks in Studio One, so I'll stick with 2.1.1.

Interesting - 2.1.1 was missing them in S1 Pro 4.6.2 for me. Are you on v5 by any chance?  Looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway ;) 

CbB and S1 working fine with 2.1.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Interesting - 2.1.1 was missing them in S1 Pro 4.6.2 for me. Are you on v5 by any chance?  Looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway ;) 

CbB and S1 working fine with 2.1.

Latest v5. How I tested was I opened a song with reMIDI, Scaler and a Presence XT Orchestra VI. I opened the Scaler UI, then doubleclicked on each of the 3 track names, all of which entered edit mode. I was using the VST3 version.

• Thanks 1

This is a comment from Scaler developer.  The workaround he mentions is working for users who have tried it.

#####

Hey,

good news, we have found the issue. We are fixing it right now alongside a few other bugs that have been reported.

An update will be available by the end of the week.

For those who can’t wait, you can use 2.1.1 and simply disable the audio detection engine which seems to fix the issue. Click on the “AUDIO” button below the MIDI Panic button:

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Steve Harder said:

This is a comment from Scaler developer.  The workaround he mentions is working for users who have tried it.

#####

Hey,

good news, we have found the issue. We are fixing it right now alongside a few other bugs that have been reported.

An update will be available by the end of the week.

For those who can’t wait, you can use 2.1.1 and simply disable the audio detection engine which seems to fix the issue. Click on the “AUDIO” button below the MIDI Panic button:

Worked for me, thanks for the heads-up 👍

Edited by ZincT

I took a look at this via the Demo.   

I'd be interested to hear from others how they use it, as with a few days testing I havn't really warmed to it.    I was trying it out by finding out what chords I wa splaying in a certain chord scheme and melody, and then looking for alternatives that sounded good - but didn't really hit on anything good.   

I'd be very interested to hear how other users use t, as I believe there will be a number of workflows that can get the best out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Scaler 2.1.2 is out and in your accounts (fixes the mouse click problem and others) 

https://www.pluginboutique.com/myaccount 

2.1.2 (available 2nd October 2020):

• Fix an issue in the audio detection engine creating instability on the Windows platform and preventing mouse clicks from working correctly in some hosts.
  • Fix a problem causing the chord notes to be held when triggered from Section C.
  • Fix the playthrough of linked patterns; chords now play on the first trigger after switching pattern.
  • Rest chords now play properly with the UI closed.
  • Fix notes being cut-off on chord change when using Keys-Lock - Scale White Keys.
  • Fix the triads button position in the Modulation panels
  • Fix a problem when cycling through the phrases list using the arrow keys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, simon said:

loving the frequent updates but would be even nicer if you didn't have to download over 700MB every time :)

+1, unless content issues are part of the need for on-going fixes!  I haven't really bothered to check if there are any real changes in the content with each update.