Eventide Crystals

cclarry

There's a chance, but no guarantee, it's worth picking up some of these plugins on sale if you know you'll upgrade.

So far, upgrading Anthology has been cheaper the more plugins you had (very nice when companies do this).
Here's example standard (not on sale) street prices for Anthology XI at B&H Photo right now

For users who've never had Anthology:
1799 base price
1599/1499/1399/1299/1199/1099 for owners of 1/2/3/4/5/6 plugins in the suite

For users of Anthology X, the previous version:
499 base upgrade price
299/199/99 for owners of X plus 1/2/3 plugins

So in that last case, if you were able to pick up three plugins in the $20-30 range they are at resellers before XI launched, they'd reduce your price by more than that amount later. There's no guarantee they'll do the same going forward, and IIRC they do introductory and black friday deals on this, so your price may vary.

7 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Aye; I meant to say upgrade and not "update." I was referring to Anthology XII, which I assume will release this fall/winter.

Just to clear any confusion - this is how I read it too, and my followup post to Anxiousmofo was also referring to that hypothetical future Anthology XII, for current Anthology users.

While some manufacturers charge full upgrade price regardless of whether you've purchased any of the updated products (NI Komplete), so far Eventide has been customer-friendly and given scaled discounts if you own the new stuff - last time, 3x what the plugins cost if you got them on sale. No guarantee of what the future holds of course.

• Thanks 1