Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Fastone's capture doesn't have a delay? I generally use the Windows 10 Snipping Tool which has a 5 second delay available. Very handy.

Nope... It's a very old util that I have used since win7

This machine can't support win10 when tested (2010 Mac Pro 5,1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Fastone's capture doesn't have a delay? I generally use the Windows 10 Snipping Tool which has a 5 second delay available. Very handy.

Solved!

 

Something I never turn off was somehow turned off on all my projects? Hmmm... Something not being saved correctly with latest update?

 

PRV|VIEW|Show Vertical Gridlines was unchecked??? I'm going to see if it stays checked, but at least I can get it working now...

 

Thanks...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Keni said:

Let’s see if this works?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AugINdP7SnEAgQ0rxM7voaYZxZAe

 

I am unable to duplicate your problem. I don't know how the vertical gridline state would affect your Snap settings, though. If the problem persists I hope someone else can offer useful advice because I got nothin'. I hope it's nothing serious because that Mackie thingy in your PRV is weird and I've never seen that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chappel said:

I am unable to duplicate your problem. I don't know how the vertical gridline state would affect your Snap settings, though. If the problem persists I hope someone else can offer useful advice because I got nothin'. I hope it's nothing serious because that Mackie thingy in your PRV is weird and I've never seen that before.

Thanks Chappel.

 

It's holding its' setting. I don’t know how it got changed. I forgot it even existed looking right passed it when seeking grid follows snap.

 

...as to the incorrect popup? I don’t remember it ever being that way, but it's a bug I can easily live with being only a label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keni said:

...as to the incorrect popup? I don’t remember it ever being that way, but it's a bug I can easily live with being only a label.

Are you using a Mackie controller in the project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chappel said:

Are you using a Mackie controller in the project?

No, but I have a studiomix and ipad remote controllers setup in all my templates in case I want either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a crash doing save with 15632-202005.  So I recorded couple dozen clips (3 tracks) with AD drums.  I had a 3 min song outline.  Unfortunately I hadn't done a save ( my bad).  I went to do the save and paused thinking of a name.  I started a few titles and with guitar in hand delayed for a minute or two.  Next time I looked it was gone.  Program exited and all was lost.  That's on me but I thought I'd mention it in case its easy to reproduce and possibly fix.

Thanks,

Ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kzmaier said:

Had a crash doing save with 15632-202005.  So I recorded couple dozen clips (3 tracks) with AD drums.  I had a 3 min song outline.  Unfortunately I hadn't done a save ( my bad).  I went to do the save and paused thinking of a name.  I started a few titles and with guitar in hand delayed for a minute or two.  Next time I looked it was gone.  Program exited and all was lost.  That's on me but I thought I'd mention it in case its easy to reproduce and possibly fix.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken...

 

You might check your Cakewalk projects folder for each/any names you used. Inside each project folder is an audio folder containing the recordings for the project. They are each closed upon recording completion and should be there. The cwp file is what got missed presumably.

 

Not sure how this is handled if you didn’t title the project before recording. I never do that even though the option is available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, it seems media description is missing on Media Browser. With exception of MIDI files other media types won't show descriptions like file lenght, bit rate, sample rate, etc., at bottom of browser window.

Best regards

Edited by mgustavo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Noel Borthwick wow, at least it's not a bug! 

Here it happens on a few types, like MP3, Wave, also files from Audio folder on Cakewalk projects. Only MIDI files show description.

In time, other features work fine, like audio preview.

Thanks for the reply!

Edited by mgustavo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mgustavoIf its failing on simple wave files something is preventing Cakewalk from opening them. Check if you have some other app using the same files.
Nothing has changed in that code for decades

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Noel Borthwick Thanks! I'll do some tests!

 At the moment I saw Sonar Home Studio 2017  is working fine, but CbB still doesn't show description on Media browser.

Best regards

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi . I use uad-1  on my system and since last update i can only use one uad plugin at a time. Old projects with several plugins loaded work well but once i add one more plugin i get the error "the uad-1 is already used by another application.

 

Made some tests and discovered that bitbridge server was on "0" Changed to 1 and now is working normally.

Edited by Marco Marujo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomoko Mikami said:

It crashes when I drag & drop a MIDI clip to copy and paste.
can't make any progress on my project because of this!!

I found out a trigger more in detail.
it's not drag&drop but just a single click with Ctrl key on any clip in the track view.
It causes an audio engine crash too and I have to reboot the audio interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Tomoko Mikami said:

I found out a trigger more in detail.
it's not drag&drop but just a single click with Ctrl key on any clip in the track view.
It causes an audio engine crash too and I have to reboot the audio interface.

@Tomoko Mikami which release of Cakewalk are you using? Also can you please send us a crash dump file so we can see what exactly is crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also finding an issue but I'm not sure if it's related to the latest version. When I "bounce to clips" I sometimes get an audio engine error and Cakewalk hangs. I have to close Cakewalk, close the app in Task Manager as it seems to be stuck there too and reboot Cakewalk.

It seems like it's only been since the latest install but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...