Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, paulo said:

As per 2020.04 feedback, the show/hide arranger button in the inspector still shows, but does not hide the arranger track.

The arranger tab button on the inspector toggles between the arranger tab and the track view.

The "A" key shows/hides the arranger track.

They're two separate things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The arranger tab button on the inspector toggles between the arranger tab and the track view.

The "A" key shows/hides the arranger track.

They're two separate things.

Thanks for reply. It just seemed a bit strange to have to do an extra step to hide it in TV again when the inspector button does open it in TV. No biggie for me as it's not something that I'm likely to use anyway, just trying to help as it seemed like something that had been missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paulo said:

Thanks for reply. It just seemed a bit strange to have to do an extra step to hide it in TV again when the inspector button does open it in TV. No biggie for me as it's not something that I'm likely to use anyway, just trying to help as it seemed like something that had been missed. 

I have not started to use the Arranger Track, but have some projects I might want to try it out on.  Since I like consistency, I agree--on the surface it seems strange for the [A button} on the Inspector to open the Arranger both in the Inspector and in the Track View but when pressed a second time it only closes it in the Inspector.  Yet, [A as a shortcut} only toggles (open and close) the Arranger in the Track View.

I am guessing there were discussions about potential Arranger workflows and it was decided that people working with the Arranger Track would probably switch among various Inspector tabs/views while continuing to keep the Arranger Track visible in the Track View.  Just a guess.

I have never used an Arranger Track in any other software either, but maybe Cakewalk looked at possible workflows and decided on what would work best for Cakewalk users.  I will have to find some decent videos on how to use the Arranger Track and Inspector panel in Cakewalk; to me it is not very intuitive. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Edited by User 905133

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

I have not started to use the Arranger Track, but have some projects I might want to try it out on.  Since I like consistency, I agree--on the surface it seems strange for the [A button} on the Inspector to open the Arranger both in the Inspector and in the Track View but when pressed a second time it only closes it in the Inspector.  Yet, [A as a shortcut} only toggles (open and close) the Arranger in the Track View.

I am guessing there were discussions about potential Arranger workflows and it was decided that people working with the Arranger Track would probably switch among various Inspector tabs/views while continuing to keep the Arranger Track visible in the Track View.  Just a guess.

I have never used an Arranger Track in any other software either, but maybe Cakewalk looked at possible workflows and decided on what would work best for Cakewalk users.  I will have to find some decent videos on how to use the Arranger Track and Inspector panel in Cakewalk; to me it is not very intuitive. Looking forward to giving it a try.

This was done largely for discoverability in the 2020.04 release, so that it would be more obvious to users what the "A" tab does.

But yes, there are several workflows.  If you're using the Arranger Inspector for navigation, you may not need the arranger tab visible.

It's also useful to being able to toggle off the arranger inspector to access the track inspector (esp. the master volume fader) when making adjustments, while keeping the arranger track in view.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, siordanescu said:

 

read PRODUCT RELEASE INFO 2020.05 You can find it here ... 

 

Thanks for your reply.

I found some information here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html#1538285 about installing.

To be clear: I need to use Bandlab Assistant, find the setup file, then move it to the DAW? I can't download the setup file directly?

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @Doug Osborne,

Can you share one of the projects that exhibits this? Also does this happen with all your projects - are there any specific view's open in these projects that exhibit the issue? Also can you check in help / About that you are running 2020.05 build 039 

Thanks, Noel.

I sent a link to download a simple project that won't open to support@cakewalk.com

This happens with all projects, big or small, plugins or not, no specific views or workspaces, and it is 2020.05 (build 039).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.
In version 2020.05, when copying the entire project, including the volume envelope on the master bus, this volume envelope is transferred from the master bus to some tracks.
All tracks in the project go to the master bus and it is not clear by what rules the envelopes appear on the tracks.
If there are several buses in the project and there is a volume envelope on them, then it is copied from the lower bus bus to the tracks.
If you copy by dragging and dropping the entire project using Ctrl + C, then the volume envelope is copied to the master bus, but it is also added to other tracks.
And if the project has an aux track with automation of the volume envelope, then this envelope and the entire project are copied normally, but the volume envelope is not copied to the master bus, even though this envelope was selected during copying.
Is this just happening to me?

To make it clear what I'm talking about, here is a link to the video.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxim Vasilyev said:

Hello.
In version 2020.05, when copying the entire project, including the volume envelope on the master bus, this volume envelope is transferred from the master bus to some tracks.
All tracks in the project go to the master bus and it is not clear by what rules the envelopes appear on the tracks.
If there are several buses in the project and there is a volume envelope on them, then it is copied from the lower bus bus to the tracks.
If you copy by dragging and dropping the entire project using Ctrl + C, then the volume envelope is copied to the master bus, but it is also added to other tracks.
And if the project has an aux track with automation of the volume envelope, then this envelope and the entire project are copied normally, but the volume envelope is not copied to the master bus, even though this envelope was selected during copying.
Is this just happening to me?

 

I think you need to copy the tracks & buses separately as the track view & mains view are separate sources / destinations.

2020.05 makes it easier to copy bus envelopes to tracks (and vice versa), but the downside of this is that it will paste the bus envelopes in the selected tracks if you set them as the destination.

You'll notice that you needed to manually select the master bus when doing a select all on the track view. This is because the tracks are a different source than the mains.

When you selected track one for pasting, it set the tracks view as the destination, so everything was pasted to the tracks.

Now I'm not saying that what you're experiencing is the correct behaviour, but this is the reason why its happening.  I'll discuss with the team as to what we think should be the rules if the clipboard contains both track & bus data.

[Edit] - For the specific case shown, Duplicate Selected Clips  ( CTRL + D ) might be a better solution. This has special logic to ensure the paste destination always matches the source.  Also once duplicated,  the selection contains the copy - so it should be easy to drag to the desired position.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Thanks for your reply.

I found some information here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html#1538285 about installing.

To be clear: I need to use Bandlab Assistant, find the setup file, then move it to the DAW? I can't download the setup file directly?

Cheers.

Yes, you'll need to download the app using BandLab Assistant, then use Assistant to process the authorization request. This does not need to be on the actual machine you're authorizing, but Assistant is what accesses the download and auth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Yes, you'll need to download the app using BandLab Assistant, then use Assistant to process the authorization request. This does not need to be on the actual machine you're authorizing, but Assistant is what accesses the download and auth. 

The only drawback is that BA decides the download version on the current system. If there is the last version installed, then it only downloads an update and if there is the current version you are unable to download it again (except when you uninstall). I ran exactly into this problem.

But nevertheless I want to thank you so much that you provide a offline installation now, so cool! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marled said:

The only drawback is that BA decides the download version on the current system. If there is the last version installed, then it only downloads an update and if there is the current version you are unable to download it again (except when you uninstall). I ran exactly into this problem.

But nevertheless I want to thank you so much that you provide a offline installation now, so cool! 😃

We're looking into the best way to handle that moving forward, but if you wanted to get the full installer, you could run the previous 2 rollback installers to go back to 2020.01, then hit update in BA. That'll force the full installer download from without uninstalling altogether. It shouldn't cause any issues if you roll it back to 01 then update your download system back to 2020.05. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doug Osborne said:

Thanks, Noel.

I sent a link to download a simple project that won't open to support@cakewalk.com

This happens with all projects, big or small, plugins or not, no specific views or workspaces, and it is 2020.05 (build 039).

@Doug Osborne what is the case number? There is at minimum a one day lag between logging support items and us seeing them because the support team is in Singapore. To make it easier for forum reports to be analyzed please always list the ticket number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I think you need to copy the tracks & buses separately as the track view & mains view are separate sources / destinations.

2020.05 makes it easier to copy bus envelopes to tracks (and vice versa), but the downside of this is that it will paste the bus envelopes in the selected tracks if you set them as the destination.

What would you guys say about rethinking the concept of the separate panes for tracks and buses? The separation has been causing copy & paste issues in Cakewalk and Sonar for many, many years, and still seems to do so. I think that some kind of revamping or unifying the concept to a single view (or something similar) might help? So that all tracks and buses are considered equal. :) But maybe it's easier said than done...? 🤔

And since Patch Points are more like "regular tracks", it feels even more weird that buses are so messy when it comes to copy & paste of automation.

How do other DAW's manage buses, compared to tracks?

Edited by GreenLight
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

... , but if you wanted to get the full installer, you could run the previous 2 rollback installers to go back to 2020.01, then hit update in BA.

Thanks, that ran perfectly like that! I really like those rollback installers! 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems over here. Thread Scheduling Model 3 made a huge CPU usage improvement on my machine 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenLight said:

What would you guys say about rethinking the concept of the separate panes for tracks and buses? The separation has been causing copy & paste issues in Cakewalk and Sonar for many, many years, and still seems to do so. I think that some kind of revamping or unifying the concept to a single view (or something similar) might help? So that all tracks and buses are considered equal. :) But maybe it's easier said than done...? 🤔

And since Patch Points are more like "regular tracks", it feels even more weird that buses are so messy when it comes to copy & paste of automation.

How do other DAW's manage buses, compared to tracks?

It has nothing to do with panes. The bus view is much simpler since it has no clip data to deal with. Many people prefer having a separation between tracks and buses so this isn't likely to change. If you want to work in one pane with similar functionality to buses, use aux tracks.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It has nothing to do with panes. The bus view is much simpler since it has no clip data to deal with. Many people prefer having a separation between tracks and buses so this isn't likely to change. If you want to work in one pane with similar functionality to buses, use aux tracks.

Noted, thanks for the reply Noel! :)

I do like the separation between tracks and buses myself, but I have been struggling quote a lot with copying bus automation so I kinda thought it was related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refresch activation 

1)  Why?

2)  What's the impact of not doing it?

 

I'm holding a little  before doing the installation.

Mario

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doug Osborne said:

Thanks, Noel.

I sent a link to download a simple project that won't open to support@cakewalk.com

This happens with all projects, big or small, plugins or not, no specific views or workspaces, and it is 2020.05 (build 039).

@Doug Osborne we managed to locate your case and I tried loading your project files. They all open fine and I don't see anything abnormal.
These are the same projects that don't open for you?
I think your issue is likely system specific or you have some setting that is different from what everyone else is running that is exposing something. In any case we will need to troubleshoot with you directly to investigate further.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With previous releases, I tested scheduling model 3, changing my PCI card's ASIO latency settings to see if I could make it work.  I have an older PC and always had horrific audio artifacts with model 3.  However, with 2020.05, either model 3 is not working or it has been fine tuned light years ahead of its previous implementation.**  On a duo core PC with 8MB memory, I can lower my PCI card/driver's ASIO latency setting more than before and can even switch Workspaces and not have audio artifacts.

If it is working (as opposed to being bypassed based on my PC and its capabilities) and if there were massive intentional changes to make this happen, thanks!!!

**That being said, it might not be changes to the threading model that made this work for me without the artifacts, but maybe other changes, such as the streamlining of UI creation, re-drawing, etc.

In any case, thanks for 2020.05; definitely well worth the wait as far as I am concerned.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...