2020.05 Feedback

On 5/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Morten Saether said:

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to 2020.05. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

2020.04 Release Notes

Two computers, manually ran bandlab assistant (since the update failed related to the new version).

Both says "up to date" open - with no new version available.  But still stuck on 2020.04

Updated.

No projects will load! They get stuck at "Creating UI" and I have to end the program.

Good news is that I can start any project (so far) in Safe Mode, select Yes To All, and they open just fine (save it with a new name and that one opens without safe mode).

16 minutes ago, Doug Osborne said:

Updated.

No projects will load! They get stuck at "Creating UI" and I have to end the program.

Good news is that I can start any project (so far) in Safe Mode, select Yes To All, and they open just fine (save it with a new name and that one opens without safe mode).

I can't confirm this problem. For me everything works normally

1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

Thank you for enabling offline authorization.

As my DAW computer is permanently offline, what is the process for downloading and installing this version?

Can I directly download the installer on an internet-connected PC?

Thanks.

read PRODUCT RELEASE INFO 2020.05 You can find it here ... 

1 minute ago, Spieler said:

I had hoped that the problem with the mono/stereo plugins from Waves was finally solved. I tried the CLA series, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Only mono comes out - too bad. 

I haven't really understood the issue, but does it help if you force mono/stereo operation on the channel using the Stereo/Mono button?

From the manual:

"The Mono/Stereo button in each track forces the track’s audio signal to enter any patched plug-ins as either mono or stereo, whether or not the tracks are mono or stereo. This allows you to use either mono effects on a stereo track or stereo effects on a mono track."

For example, I have been running stereo plugins on tracks with mono audio just by setting track to Stereo and then using a stereo plugin.

Sorry if I'm confusing things. :)

34 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

For example, I have been running stereo plugins on tracks with mono audio just by setting track to Stereo and then using a stereo plugin.

This is exactly what happens inside the plugin. Mono goes in and stereo comes out. There are several effects within a plugin. It works in other DAWs as well. The problem with Waves has been mentioned several times. Now that they've worked on the signal processing, I was just hoping that it would work properly now. 

1 hour ago, Spieler said:

This is exactly what happens inside the plugin. Mono goes in and stereo comes out. There are several effects within a plugin. It works in other DAWs as well. The problem with Waves has been mentioned several times. Now that they've worked on the signal processing, I was just hoping that it would work properly now. 

I agree. :) And I hope they will fix it!

But is my suggestion a workable workaround for what you are trying to do?

3 hours ago, Spieler said:

I had hoped that the problem with the mono/stereo plugins from Waves was finally solved. I tried the CLA series, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Only mono comes out - too bad. 

@SpielerAre you using a mono to stereo plugin? That is a completely different issue and is not a bug but rather that we don't yet support this configuration for VST plugins.
These changes in the 05 release apply primarily to compatibility with pure mono plug-ins (mono-in, mono-out). Mono in stereo out plugin compatibility will be addressed in a future update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Doug Osborne said:

Updated.

Hi @Doug Osborne,

Can you share one of the projects that exhibits this? Also does this happen with all your projects - are there any specific view's open in these projects that exhibit the issue? Also can you check in help / About that you are running 2020.05 build 039