Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, marled said:

1.) Still the project does not save the setting "Show Aim Assist Time" (I like it always enabled). When I open any project, sometimes it is disabled, sometimes it is enabled (randomly).

Do you use any screensets or workspaces? It's possible this setting is getting overridden if the view settings are being changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Randy said:

 

HI Noel, I am in track view. Scrolling hangs intermittently when mouse cursor is placed over the track strips.

However, when I place it over the clips pane, it always seems to work, weird.

When you say it hangs, do you mean the view is not scrolling as you use the wheel? Any projects in particular that exhibit this issue? Also if there's any consistency as to where the cursor is placed when you're seeing this hang in scrolling? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tim Davila said:

Hummm  the latest sonar platinum version doesn't show such behaviour with the same plugins, i tried cakewalk model 3 thread scheduling (it was set to one for some reason), and the problem is less aparent but still some glitches.

Hope this can be investigated and fixed for future updates, if you need anything to help in this investigation let me know, I've worked some years with QA for software development in kunos simulazioni, maybe i can help to find the root of the issue 

Cheers and thanks

@Tim Davila both those plug-ins (we tried it from the version 9 suite) don't exhibit any issues here when opening the UI in CbB or bypassing them. Its likely something system or project specific. 
If you can reproduce it please provide a project file. We don't have any control over what happens when you open a plugin UI. If you have plug-in specific issues regarding that, its best you log a case with the plugin vendor. They will also require some steps to reproduce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Tim Davila both those plug-ins (we tried it from the version 9 suite) don't exhibit any issues here when opening the UI in CbB or bypassing them. Its likely something system or project specific. 
If you can reproduce it please provide a project file. We don't have any control over what happens when you open a plugin UI. If you have plug-in specific issues regarding that, its best you log a case with the plugin vendor. They will also require some steps to reproduce it.

ok,  thanks for the reply Noel,

Its not plugin specific tho, all plugins do some sort of audio glitch and CPU spikes when opening UI or bypassing them from the  mixer view.

some are much worse than others tho, but almost all of them do create CPU spikes and some clips and audio glitches when executing those actions.

even UAD plugins are showing that behaviour in any of  my projects, its like a constant behavior.

 

I've atached one of my projects but without the audio files, since its a working in progress for the artist next album. (theres only 20 tracks  and 12 busses used in this project)

 

System Specs is :

Win 10 enterprise 1909

intel i7 7700k @5ghz watercooled (without overclock the issue is even worse, the CPU spikes are higher)

ASUS ROG Strix Nvidia gtx 1080ti

16GB 3333mhz DDR4 RAM

Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX Motherboard

Apollo Twin DUO USB + Quad Pci-E  UAD 2 Card

 

 

Brennus - Chave.cwp

Edited by Tim Davila
completing the system specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Does the gain value change after freeze? Or is it at the same level, but you can just observe on the meters (and/or hear!) that it's 3dB louder?

Does it happen all the time for all soft synths, or just ones with multiple outputs?

EDIT: I saw this thread about the issue, where you participated. But it seems that no project was sent to Noel for reproduction of the error? If you did that, I think they could probably find the issue! 🙂

Yesss, I expermented before and I figure out that's with the Mono channels freeze. Because of that, I don't freeze mono instruments (vst) channels only stereo interment vst tracks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Do you use any screensets or workspaces? It's possible this setting is getting overridden if the view settings are being changed. 

No I don't use workspaces and screensets.

Just now I opened CbB (2020.05 build 39) 7 times and then created a new empty unnamed project (Ctrl+N). 4 times the Aim Assist Time was enabled and 3 times it was disabled (randomly)! Workspace was always set to none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

Yesss, I expermented before and I figure out that's with the Mono channels freeze. Because of that, I don't freeze mono instruments (vst) channels only stereo interment vst tracks. 

Ah, with your excellent help and the help from @marled, I think the bakers can probably find and squash the mono freeze bug! :D

@Noel Borthwick Is this something you guys could maybe have a look at?

Marled had already sent a project to reproduce it:

13 hours ago, marled said:

I had invested some time to create a simple project with all the explanation and I had sent it to BandLab (request  243054, December 19).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marled said:

No I don't use workspaces and screensets.

Just now I opened CbB (2020.05 build 39) 7 times and then created a new empty unnamed project (Ctrl+N). 4 times the Aim Assist Time was enabled and 3 times it was disabled (randomly)! Workspace was always set to none.

I can confirm that the status of "Show Aim Assist Time" seems to be randomly set at startup. Workspace set to None

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, 

I never posted before but after this new release I have some serious problems. Before the update when I used sonitus surround and disabled it, it would make a mono track into a stereo. I could then pan a track with a plugin and add stereo effects.

I haven't knew about "convert to stereo" option when right clicking on the track, but I know now, and I used it since the other method doesn't work anymore, but it's still mono... I haven't used a mono plugin either if you are wondering. I even deleted all the plugins, putted a pan plugin only to no avail too, so without any plugins the clip looks stereo, but it's still mono, doesn't pan, as the built in pan is not even highlighted. 

I attached a picture of the track, converted into stereo, but in the plugins it's in mono as you can see one grey line in-between the plugins, and the pan is not highlighted above the volume control. 

Please help as I can't mix without stereo... 

Regards

Edit: Okay figured it out, there's a button above the Mute that changes the track into stereo or mono.  All's fine!

Cakewalk.jpg

Edited by Michal Mikulski
Found a solution.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michal Mikulski said:

I never posted before but after this new release I have some serious problems. Before the update when I used sonitus surround and disabled it, it would make a mono track into a stereo. I could then pan a track with a plugin and add stereo effects.

@Michal Mikulski I'm not sure what you mean by disabling making a track stereo. We fixed bugs where bypassing a plugin wouldn't remove its forced interleave.
If you were using that you were relying on a bug. You can still pan a mono track so I don't see what the problem is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found a small annoying bug where the Arranger view wouldn't scroll with a touch scrolling in the track view on a touch screen. It zooms properly but stays frozen in place once finger scrolling is involved. Once scrolled with the regular bottom bar it jumps back in place. Hope it gets fixed in the next revision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Michal Mikulski I'm not sure what you mean by disabling making a track stereo. We fixed bugs where bypassing a plugin wouldn't remove its forced interleave.
If you were using that you were relying on a bug. You can still pan a mono track so I don't see what the problem is.

Michal Mikulski wrote in an edit (a bit camouflaged at the end of his post) that he solved his issue, so no worries. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if this being reported already or not but,

There is a bug indicator if you make a template with leaving ripple edit enabled when its saved, it wont be detected as enabled again if you load it as an empty project.
Some recording video i post on gyazo for a proof of it.

https://gyazo.com/166cfbfb6d6b4b2e8eedaa1042d282fa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mario Branchi said:
11 hours ago, marled said:

No I don't use workspaces and screensets.

Just now I opened CbB (2020.05 build 39) 7 times and then created a new empty unnamed project (Ctrl+N). 4 times the Aim Assist Time was enabled and 3 times it was disabled (randomly)! Workspace was always set to none.

I can confirm that the status of "Show Aim Assist Time" seems to be randomly set at startup. Workspace set to None

The visibility of  Aim Assist is global, and is stored in the registry.  In other words it's not tied to any project or workspace - it remembers the last "state" it was in from the last time you used it.

The show Aim Assist Time however, doesn't seem to be being stored anywhere, which is why it's behaving randomly.

This will be fixed for the next release so it behaves like the Aim Assist on/off - so it will be global and remember its state from the last time you used it.

  • Thanks 4
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sc.orz said:

I dont know if this being reported already or not but,

There is a bug indicator if you make a template with leaving ripple edit enabled when its saved, it wont be detected as enabled again if you load it as an empty project.
Some recording video i post on gyazo for a proof of it.

https://gyazo.com/166cfbfb6d6b4b2e8eedaa1042d282fa

Interesting, I came across the same kind of thing switching projects before with the crossfade indicator. I put it down to an anomaly but this might be related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 1:46 PM, Jonathan Sasor said:

When you say it hangs, do you mean the view is not scrolling as you use the wheel? Any projects in particular that exhibit this issue? Also if there's any consistency as to where the cursor is placed when you're seeing this hang in scrolling? Thanks.

Yes Jonathan, no movement when mouse wheel is used and cursor is over the track strips. Scrolling over the clips pane seems to work all the time. It is totally random and seems to happen no matter which project I have open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just wanted to thank the Bakers and Noel for all the hard work. About a year ago, I gave up on Cakewalk. After working with all the usual helpers on this forum including a great list of suggestions from Alexey, I was unable to get CW to run in a stable way.

As happens about yearly (as far as I can tell) I got the urge to try CW again. I installed the latest version (2020.01 at that time) and without much trouble, I was able to begin working in a stable environment. I have updated as they became available and have been continually amazed at the quality and improvements being rolled out. I did notice on the latest update that it was necessary to tweak the buffer settings on my Delta 1010LT initially to stop the program from experiencing  Audio Dropouts, but interestingly enough, returning it to the original settings later seemed to work as well. Not sure what was going on there. Bottom line is that CW is working well on a 2011 vintage Dell T5400 2 X Xeon Windows 10 system that couldn't run it reliably before. 

On another note, thanks for the Arranger function! This is very similar to the "Regions" functionality in Reaper and one of by favorite things to use. Keep up the good work and thanks again!

Edited by Tim Flannagin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 5:33 AM, marled said:

No I don't use workspaces and screensets.

Just now I opened CbB (2020.05 build 39) 7 times and then created a new empty unnamed project (Ctrl+N). 4 times the Aim Assist Time was enabled and 3 times it was disabled (randomly)! Workspace was always set to none.

I would make sure your "new project" template wasnt over written/replaced, even make sure your not loading a project from template.

EDIT- Never mind, just read Marks post.

Edited by chuckebaby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

I would make sure your "new project" template wasnt over written/replaced, even make sure your not loading a project from template.

EDIT- Never mind, just read Marks post.

No. This keeps happening to me as well. For no visible reason, sometimes it opens enabled and sometimes not here too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...