Korg have finally updated their GUIs!

trager

11 minutes ago, simon said:

they don't contain viruses - they just trigger a NEW problem with the latest update for windows defender.....

The 'delete the temp folder' is much worse - can break stuff :) - even breaks it's own downloader routine

Yes but "deleting folders" could be virus like behaviour - probably a setting in Kaspersky depending on the level of paranoia you want to set.

That's presumably why the downloader just dumps you in your ZIP manager. Honestly, do they test any of this stuff? 😟

Edited by ZincT

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes but "deleting folders" could be virus like behaviour - probably a setting in Kaspersky depending on the level of paranoia you want to set.

That's presumably why the downloader just dumps you in your ZIP manager. Honestly, do they test any of this stuff? 😟

at least it dumps it in your recycle bin and doesn't permanently delete it....what a pain

legacycell also dumps an older version of some of the plugs in another folder - so you can up with duplicates

pretty ugly - although the new GUIs are nice !

8 minutes ago, simon said:

at least it dumps it in your recycle bin and doesn't permanently delete it....what a pain

legacycell also dumps an older version of some of the plugs in another folder - so you can up with duplicates

pretty ugly - although the new GUIs are nice !

Except that I tend to empty the Recycle Bin if I notice it has anything in it - which is what I did :(

Any ideas what was in there before it was deleted? Mine has around 20 items in it now, some folders and all of it dated today.
With it being a "Temp" folder I am hoping that there's nothing of too much value there (apart from maybe breaking something).

Edited by ZincT

20 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Except that I tend to empty the Recycle Bin if I notice it has anything in it - which is what I did :(

Any ideas what was in there before it was deleted? Mine has around 20 items in it now, some folders and all of it dated today.
With it being a "Temp" folder I am hoping that there's nothing of too much value there (apart from maybe breaking something).

hopefully nothing important but some software requires it to be there (including the Korg software!) - things like the ilok manager - I normally empty the recycle bin all the time (OCD!)

make sure you have a temp folder there and all will be good - reboot too as some software could have been made a bit upset.  Still can't believe how slack that was of Korg - doesn't do it first time you start it up but does it after that ......Think it's trying to clean up after itself

if it's any consolation I've been having a 'mare.  Today has been computer housekeeping day - backups etc -  spotted that windows defender had crashed, wouldn't restart, made me very nervous.  Rebooted and had a GPT bootsector error,  something corrupted (USB backup disk was still plugged in and it tried to boot off it)  - windows defender crashed again - then folders started disappearing........Was sure I had a 'virtual' virus (still better than having a real one)

Think I've got to the bottom off all the issues now - just in time for wine-o-clock :D

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, simon said:

think I've got legacycell working but it messes with polysix - just juggling this - plus at the same time windows defender has broken so I have no virus protection.....

it's some of the files from korg that are crashing it - they have multiple ".." in them  - to be fair that's more microsofts problem than korgs but I'm gonna blame korg anyway

basically wasted today...

Just notice this happened too.  I disagree, it's Korg's problem since no other installation ever did this.  It will eventually fix itself.

21 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Wondered if you might be able to prevent the folder being deleted by group policy?

probably - you could just change permissions (probably) but seems like more pain than gain.  I'll wait for the fix I think - let's be honest it's taken years and years to get these plugs updated, they probably won't change again until 2029

(seriously - does look like they are giving some love to these at the moment - let's hope it continues)

56 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Will this free update work if I only have one of the items in the Collection? In my case it’s the M-1?

Yes. I only own the Wavestation, and after help from ZincT,  (see first page of thread) it updated without any problem. I love being able to resize the GUI!

• Like 1

Here's the blurb:

"Users who already have the plugins from the KORG Collection series can update to version 2 for free. Update now to try the evolved KORG Collection 2. To get the KORG Collection 2 series, Login to KORG ID and download them or Install KORG Software Pass and activate your account in the app."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The Korg Software Pass dumped my installers in my temp folder, not my recycle bin.

You can get there easily but opening Windows File Explorer (hot key Win + E) and entering   %TEMP%  
image.png.ec3af035eb16c30877843388bba89518.png

did that for me - but quit and run it again after you've installed and it dumps the temp folder itself in the bin, or at least it did for me 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, simon said:

did that for me - but quit and run it again after you've installed and it dumps the temp folder itself in the bin, or at least it did for me 

Yup - same for me. 

I restored it this time although so far I haven't found any issues caused by this but still it's not the kind of behaviour that you want an app to display.