IK Multimedia Total Studio 2

cclarry

That Upgrade is for owners of TOTAL STUDIO MAX 1...not 
Total Studio 1, 2, OR 3...

If they don't show up in your account then you can't buy them...

I own Total Studio 3, and we've already had this conversation...there was NO UPGRADE PATH
OFFERED, not does ANY show up in my account.  And, since I wanted the Total Studio Max
"Designation",  despite the fact I already own just about EVERYTHING,
I bought the Axe I/O to get Amplitube Max to be able to upgrade at the LOWEST
POSSIBLE PRICE, and LOW AND BEHOLD, at the VERY SAME TIME, IK changed their POLICY
to "ANY PAID MAX TITLE" from "ANY MAX TITLE".

I still have ALL my original receipts, and I went through IK support and THEY assured me that 
THERE WAS NO UPGRADE OFFERED for Total Studio 3 Owners.  I've been going on about this
FOR YEARS!!!

PS.  My purpose was to show HOW MUCH we paid when we bought it "back when" and then got
the shaft not being offered ANY upgrade path to Total Studio Max in ANY form...

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 1

Oh boy, that is awful Larry.  They should find a way to do something for a longtime loyal customer like you.   Not fair.   Particularly with all the free promo you give them here.  Every time I read what happened to you it makes me feel very guilty about how blessed I have been with my IK purchases.  I've been lucky because I came into these products very late. 

If any of you are also new to the company, if you buy any MAX product like T-RackS MAX, Amplitube MAX, SampleTank MAX, etc. then Total Studio MAX 2 cost $179.99 during the promo.   You can make it even less with Jam Points.

And with this you get Modo Bass, Lurssen, regular Syntronik, all the SampleTank expansions, Miroslav 2, all the Amplitube MAX expansions, plus Fender 2, SVX 2, and Fulltone Collection.  Plus a CE version of Sampletank 4, so you get the resizable interface.  

Before getting Total Studio 2 in December, the only thing I had from this list was Syntronik, T-Racks MAX and basic Sampletank 3,   So I got all the rest for $150.   I was even able to sell  my extra copy of Syntronik.

Total Studio 3 will come out someday, and it will then go on sale 50% off at some point. 
And it will likely include everything that IK brought out after Total Studio 2:  Sampletank 4, Modo Drum, Dimebag Darrell, Brian May, Joe Satriani,  all the new T-RackS like the tapes and Sunset Sound, etc.  And who knows how much more.  I expect to pay less than $200 for all of it.  But I'll have to wait.

To sum up: the best deal with IK is to buy one MAX product and wait for the next Total Studio to be released. 

8 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

To sum up: the best deal with IK is to buy one MAX product and wait for the next Total Studio to be released. 

Just DO NOT get it on a "promo" as a FREEBIE...it will be disqualified from the upgrade to MAX.

And the Max Promo ended yesterday

Edited by cclarry

Also, if you buy Total Studio 2 on a MAXGrade,  you may have some duplicate serial numbers after that.  Like I had an extra copy of Syntronik then, so I sold the first one.

But you can't resell the MAX product you used to get the MAXgrade.   There will only be one serial number for that. 

• Like 1

That's a lot of bloat that I wouldn't know what to do with. I'd rather buy a piece at a time than have the Total Studio label attached to it.  There are companies out there that don't have a nice upgrade policy.  There's a rant about Reason upgrade for $129, Suite $250.  If you buy the upgrade and want to upgrade to the Suite it's still $250.

16 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Every time I read what happened to you it makes me feel very guilty about how blessed I have been with my IK purchases.  I've been lucky because I came into these products very late. 

I have to agree with this. I have been really lucky with my purchases from IK. The ironic thing is, I've been lucky because of Larry!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Grem said:

I have to agree with this. I have been really lucky with my purchases from IK. The ironic thing is, I've been lucky because of Larry!

I am the same boat. First at kvr and last year here.  quite the irony

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

That's a lot of bloat that I wouldn't know what to do with. I'd rather buy a piece at a time than have the Total Studio label attached to it.  There are companies out there that don't have a nice upgrade policy.  There's a rant about Reason upgrade for $129, Suite $250.  If you buy the upgrade and want to upgrade to the Suite it's still $250.

That's what I've been doing with NI this time around.  I always used to wait, but this time there were a few libraries I just wanted to get right away and was able to buy with a slight discount with vouchers.   Aside from those libraries, NI hasn't brought out anything else that I want at all. 

It's possible that I'll upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate and sell my old libraries, but I might let it pass.  With these things it's not just about money.  Sometimes you want to start  using something and it's worth the money to get it right away.   So maybe I'll lose my resolve and buy something from IK before Total Studio 3 comes out.