RIP Sam Ash

Sad to see this ...especially since one was across from my office. All the folks losing their income and other options for gear ...all around a bad situation.

image.png.777a21c40ad0aa882d484c838c7e0f02.png

• Sad 6

Posted (edited)

Latest,soon after election, I'd say a lot more will go down.

USA administration currently pays 1.000.000.000.000 $ per quarter interest alone.

(4 thousand billion a year, just interest on loans, not paying off 1$).

Soon the $ printing plants will be working 24/7, if you need a job, ye know where to apply.

Also asset/stock markets should be booming shortly just due to any mass printing of dollars.

Not much better here in Europe, but we might be atomicly bombed sooner. 

If my fellow Dutchman Mark Rutte becomes head of NATO, I bet WW3 is coming.

If Vladimir keeps his record on how he deals with enemies, Mark Rutte will be buried soon.

(that would be awesome, a blessing for the world).

I'm sort of hoping there is a god or miracle/wonder coming soon.

Sorry for the rent, I no 'no religion' in the CH.

tenor-7.gif

Edited by Sheens

44 minutes ago, Sheens said:

I bet WW3 is coming.

45 minutes ago, Sheens said:

miracle/wonder coming soon.

Hey, look on the bright side.  You could die of a massive coronary event tomorrow,

or a piano could fall out of a window and land on top of you

or you could choke to death on that Spam meat you got on sale

or maybe there will be an asteroid hit your house

or maybe you get t boned by a semi trailer going to the preppers convention

or maybe something something

or president putin reads your post and gets mad and has you pushed out of a window

or something something

maybe

but I agree somewhat

now for an emoji😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No worries, I sent Kremlin a letter asking at which seaport they'd prefer the shiploads Vodka, if something happened to Rutte.

And I'm not in USA warning people about Boeing neglecting safety so I'll live.

Also his tragic passing away, would mean the end to Dutch financial problems.

We'd open his grave to the public 24/7 and let anyone urinate for 1 Euro and take a dump for 2 Euro.

That wil make trillions, eventhough folks will need to stand in line for 10+ hours.

Also

It's fact Americans, Brits and Canadians have superhuman genes inherited from their grandparents, you'll beat anything.

These -maybe bit rusty- genes getting used again, will be good.

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for reminding me I have little nothing to be proud of as a Dutchman.

Hockeyjx, sorry to divebomb your fred - will shut up now.

Sam Ash rest in peace.

Edited by Sheens

Here in Raleigh, GC and SA are across the street from each other. The music store workforce has just multiplied. Now the GC folks have got an incentive to provide better customer service and to learn more about the products they sell.
Got my Fender 12-string, Focusrite Saffire and SONAR Home Studio 6 at SA. Got my Yamaha MX and Epiphone ES 335 at GC, as well as cords, stands, etc. throughout the years.
Wonder if the prices will go up here?

Posted (edited)

I remember my trusty old M-Audio Keystation dying on me the second I hooked it up when we arrived in NY. As fate would have it, Sam Ash was the closest music store, so the first thing I got was a replacement keyboard (an Alesis that I’m still using).

I then got a pair of small monitors for my portable rigs, and a cheap Epiphone LP Junior as a traveling guitar because I didn’t want to take my Strat overseas that fall/winter. I also got a DBX compressor, a few cases, AKG headphones...

The following summer I went looking for an inexpensive H-S-H Strat. None really felt right and one of the sales dudes insisted I should try an Epiphone LP. I had my doubts that I even wanted to try...

My first electric guitar was a cheap LP copy, it sucked, and everyone else had super Strats back then, so I had developed an aversion for the model. I bought a Strat copy the minute I could afford one and played only Strats for the next 20-some years.

But that day, I sat down with the ebony LP and it locked into my hands - it instantly felt right. Then I lift up my eyes and saw Jimmy Page (one of my biggest musical heroes) playing his black beauty on the tv screen…

To me, in terms of significance, that was second only to being handled a sword by a strange lady lying in a pond.

Had to sell it a few years ago, and it's one of the few instruments I truly regret having to sell.

62071664_10156569927842582_6012377142594109440_n(1).thumb.jpg.f1cec866d696222aa8cb60bca26c5f87.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 3

I liked the one in the Chicago Suburbs which was great for wind players.   I'd check out the used brass instruments on the wall. You could also test mouth pieces. 

Unfortunately some brick and mortar places have suffered from Covid and couldn't regain the losses.   People now like to shop online even with grocery stores.   I still like to go into buildings.  Most of my tech purchases are at Best Buy and not Amazon or Newegg. I order online and go pickup.

This also has to hurt many instrument manufacturers. 

I often wonder if people are more into listening to music instead of the processes in performing or creating music.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

wonder if people are more into listening to music instead of the processes in performing or creating music.

Often wonder that myself

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Often wonder that myself

After being in music education for 30 years I would say it is.  Some think kids are turning to DAWs for beats but that is even time consuming to learn.  We are not a patient people anymore.  

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

After being in music education for 30 years I would say it is.  Some think kids are turning to DAWs for beats but that is even time consuming to learn.  We are not a patient people anymore.  

Sorry, I only had time to read the first sentence... 

😜