Looking for a DAW that is EASIER, NOT HARDER than Audacity

So basically, i've tested several DAWs, and they have made the workflow slower.

Now this DAW might be my last try! 
I want an intuitive, fast, easily accesable work flow. Like plug and play. 

I use the recording software mainly for recording my voice (trying to do some voice acting)

I want that the clips all snap together, SPACES between the clips make zero sense to me! U obviously want  the audio to be together and n ot have silent spaces inbetween. I cut out parts that i messed up in the audio clips, but DAWs make it veryu hard for me to edit the audio easily as it was in THE OLD VERSIONS of Audacity (the new version is also messed up).

Also EXPORTING the file should bring me instandly into the folder  version where i can overwrite my old file and dont have to make 10 clicks to get there! For exporting I want a simple menu as 'save as'. Simple folder opening - then select old file to overwrite.

image.png.97cff39aae325e8f2bc39924c9b0b204.png

The point for me to get a DAW is to make the workflow EASIER than Audacity!

I hope u guys can tell me how to make cakewalk simple to me

Edited by plautus egal

On 4/29/2024 at 5:58 PM, plautus egal said:

So basically, i've tested several DAWs, and they have made the workflow slower.

With any complex software such as a DAW, it will take at least a few hours of familiarization. There is often a tradeoff between ease of use and versatility.

There are plenty of them that are free to try. When I set about learning to use a modern DAW, I chose Mixcraft, whose motto is "software should be easy to use."

i already gave up on DAWs  thei're horrible!

On 5/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, Starship Krupa said:

There is often a tradeoff between ease of use and versatility.

Yes, there is a tradeoff,  if ur a developer with no brains.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 2

2 hours ago, plautus egal said:

I don't think insulting developers is the way to go. Most people manage to produce music using the various DAWs that are available. Take a breath and start again - otherwise use offline hardware methods but that will come at a cost and limited flexibility

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plautus egal said:

So I guess in your opinion, no DAW developer has brains.

It's not you, it's every DAW ever created.

• Like 3

for you, the best thing to do is to hire a proper pro studio, and do all your work there.

otherwise, you have to invest time in learning a digital audio workstation.

it's that simple.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, bats brew said:

for you, the best thing to do is to hire a proper pro studio, and do all your work there.

otherwise, you have to invest time in learning a digital audio workstation.

it's that simple.

Or take up a vocation that requires less stressful effort, like basketweaving or fingerpainting.

Audio Engineering & Production may not be in your wheelhouse because of the required skill set.

So I guess in your opinion, no DAW developer has brains.
It's not you, it's every DAW ever created.

Or take up a vocation that requires less stressful effort, like basketweaving or fingerpainting.
Audio Engineering & Production may not be in your wheelhouse because of the required skill set.

see! this is the kind of mean responses that prevent a one-time poster from coming back and seeking more guidance!

LOL 😱

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

see! this is the kind of mean responses that prevent a one-time poster from coming back and seeking more guidance!

LOL 😱

i wasn't being mean.

i was being helpful.

there are only a few obvious answers here,  and i offered a very realistic, and probably correct answer/opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

you'll note: the OP has not returned. commonly known as a "one-hit trolling" post... then they go to social media and complain and refer to the post as proof the product is bad since no one deleted the post, so it must be true... we live in a world of basement dwelling <insert derogatory name call here>

that's the optimistic view, there's also a dark side as well...

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

you'll note: the OP has not returned. commonly known as a "one-hit trolling" post... then they go to social media and complain and refer to the post as proof the product is bad since no one deleted the post, so it must be true... we live in a world of basement dwelling <insert derogatory name call here>

that's the optimistic view, there's also a dark side as well...

Could just be a kid new to this stuff 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Yep a 2 post wonder. 
But for just recording narration a wave editor like audacity is all you need A DAW is totally overkill. 
There’s lots of choices with Wave Lab being the best overall for easy workflow. But it’s also 100 bucks for the Element version which I bought in 2008 and I am still using even though Steinberg said I can’t.I outsmarted the system. 

I also have used Gold Wave a lot which is almost free as you can use it forever free but nag screen. I bought a lifetime license for $30 10 years ago. It’s seen a lot of updates since. It is better than Audacity because it uses ASIO. 
I also have Sound forge which is very powerful but I prefer Wave Lab workflow.. I have never read the manual for any of them. That’s probably what the OP was looking for. One day I will read the manual for Wave lab and probably learn about how many things I’m doing ***** backwards 

• Like 1