SampleTank 4 no longer works in latest Cake...

Try quitting Cakewalk, and running the standalone version first to make sure the database is fully scanned and up to date.

FWIW - it's working fine for me both in Cakewalk and the new Sonar.

• Like 1

Check if your samplepath is doubled on the settings. I had the same issue and deleting the copy was the solution. 

Edited by SVSX
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

When I had this problem 2 years ago, i don't remember if I just reintalled the program in C:\ or I revertd it to a last working version that didn't crash and waited for an update.

I'm definitely running the very latest version (4.2.3), having updated within the past week or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I'm definitely running the very latest version (4.2.3), having updated within the past week or so.

As am I, I use SampleTank 4 every day.

Trying the standalone is a good idea, you can at least get into the settings from there.

I'd say a bit o'Googlin' is in order.

• Like 1

Yup...using the latest version of SampleTank 4.  Removed all duplicate sound paths in the standalone version...which runs fine...and rescanned all sound content.

But after instantiating it in Cake and loading an instrument...as soon as I try to click on the midi track and try to play it...it crashes straight to the desktop.  

No hang...no revolving  blue circle...just straight to the desktop.  

Sampletank is crashing CbB/Sonar when opening an existing project on my Win11 laptop but not on my Win10 desktop machine where the project originated. The big difference other than O/S and newer CPU is that the laptop is normally running onboard Intel graphics to save power, but switching to the Nvidia RTX did not help. The other difference is that the laptop does not have all the instruments installed that the desktop has, and I suspect is does not have the patches used in this project. Instantiating a new instance of Sampletank in a new project does not crash on the laptop so the crash might have to do with the missing patches.  I'll look into that.

EDIT:  Getting the missing instrument installed on the laptop eliminated the crash. This is something IK Multimedia need to look into.

Edited by David Baay
  • Great Idea 2

For me, the crash was happening with the VST3 until I got the missing instrument installed. I didn't think to try the VST2 before doing that, but if you have existing projects using the VST3 that are crashing, switching to the VST2 isn't easily done unless you know what instrument was being used and hadn't tweaked anything.

Edited by David Baay

Yup...the VST3 to VST2 swap is a good idea...I have to do that with several newer plugs due to the fact that Cake, apparently, doesn't work with all newer VST3s.  But that's not the problem here.  I finally fixed it by completely removing all sound paths from ST4...making sure that the "custom path" box was checked in the IK Product Manager...and then adding back in only the direct sound paths to ST3, ST4, Syntronic and SampleTron.  That did the trick.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I've made note of them all in case this crops up again.  🙂

• Like 3