Hard rock band Kiss sells brand and songs for $300m

Well, they're in their 70's, and as the article states, others like Dylan and Springsteen have sold their catalogue.

Gene Simmons is staying active too - lots of shows booked for the summer already.

I'm almost 25 years younger than he is and you couldn't pay me enough to travel that much... 

ScreenShot2024-04-05at1_04_49AM.thumb.png.471e72538aba3de1a3cfdde174094fef.png

• Like 1

I'm guessing that doesn't include merchandising. If that is the case, they still have an income stream from the millions of products they sell.

@Rain none of those gigs after April are all that far apart! And how hard is a few hundred OH YEAs to sing? :P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

I'm guessing that doesn't include merchandising.

it does, all ip and everything, hence the value (brand), but gene is now touring as the gs band but his logo is somewhat very similar, i guess he'll have to change it shortly

47 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

it does, all ip and everything, hence the value (brand), but gene is now touring as the gs band but his logo is somewhat very similar, i guess he'll have to change it shortly

That seems low to me then. I mean, KI$$ is a merchandising MACHINE!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Simmons and Stanley evidently. Gene has always been “lauded” as the business brains. 

t

Gene always been the business guy and Paul goes along with it. Match made in heaven. 

• Like 1