Life Alert - colaboration with Bapu, Lynn Wilson, Hugo Ribeiro and Daryl1968 - new mix April 29th

daryl1968

1 hour ago, Sal Sorice said:

Great tune - and cool guitar solo. My only comment would be that the drums are a bit "lost" - they don't seem present enough - but it could be the fault of my speakers.

i tend to agree on this, the drums could come up a bit and still sit well in the mix.

i like the dark tone, but if you decided to eq them a bit brighter, maybe the level is fine.

as it is eq'd, i'd bring them up.

that's all i'd change. it's all good.

• Thanks 2

Well done, well written guys . . . now that's a chorus ! Lynn really jumps boldly into the spotlight for that guitar solo, really excellent I thought. In my studio, on my Tannoy Active monitors, the mix sounds great . . . I like the drums and bass right where they are in this latest mix. Also thought the vocals, and particularly the lyrics are quite engaging, rounding out a simply great tune to listen to !

• Thanks 2

On 4/1/2024 at 1:16 PM, Wookiee said:

Nice guitar work Lynn, interesting Vox Daryl, nice drumming Hugo.  Nice bass Ed, though I found it a little to forward when Daryl was singing, just my two Triganic Pu's worth.

As always reasonable production.

Cheers Wookster for the 'interesting' review :)

• Like 1

• daryl1968 changed the title to Life Alert - colaboration with Bapu, Lynn Wilson, Hugo Ribeiro and Daryl1968 - new mix April 4nd
  • daryl1968 changed the title to Life Alert - colaboration with Bapu, Lynn Wilson, Hugo Ribeiro and Daryl1968 - new mix April 4th
1 minute ago, Martin Bannet said:

Great song! Bit of a flat mix but some great sonic concepts. More stereo ambience if you go to remix. But such a great tune! Really love it. 🙂

My intention was to deliver a "small" room vibe.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:58 PM, craigb said:

Good job guys!  Nice of you to pull Daryk back into the forum too. 😁

I can imagine the picture of the "band" that goes with this song having Ed wearing a t-shirt that says "More of ME in the mix!" 🤣

Lol. Hope you are well mate

On 4/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, 57Gregy said:

Poppy, a little trippy, happy despite the lyrics.
I like it!

Cheers mate 

On 4/2/2024 at 12:01 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

I want to thank Daryl and Ed for asking me to join this project!  When you have a song this good, it's easier to find inspiration.

You did a great job on this Lynn

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 4:01 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

I want to thank Daryl and Ed for asking me to join this project!  When you have a song this good, it's easier to find inspiration.

I agree with Daryl, excellent work there Lynn.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Guys

Really like this and enjoyed the listen very much. Agree with Wookie re the bass being perhaps and only just of course, a little forward in the mix😎

Apart from that, thought this was great

Cheers

Nigel

Thanks so much Nigel - this has been fixed (a bit like my dog)

On 4/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, DeeringAmps said:

muy bueno!
Loves a good colab!

Left a "like" and "comment" at SC. <broken record> Have you? </broken record>.

Mix good here...

t

Gracias Senor Tom

• Like 1

• daryl1968 changed the title to Life Alert - colaboration with Bapu, Lynn Wilson, Hugo Ribeiro and Daryl1968 - new mix April 29th