Arturia V Collection Days Sale

cclarry

99 upgrade here from Collection 9, despite (stupidly?) having bought Acid V separately on release and thinking it would lower the upgrade price a decent amount. Guess not.

If the default is 199 from 9 to X, then that simply seems a bit steep.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kirean said:

99 upgrade here from Collection 9, despite (stupidly?) having bought Acid V separately on release and thinking it would lower the upgrade price a decent amount. Guess not.

If the default is 199 from 9 to X, then that simply seems a bit steep.

Not sure I understand your situation. If the only thing you added to V Collection 9 was Acid V and your upgrade price is now 99 instead of 199, you got a 100 off.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Not sure I understand your situation. If the only thing you added to V Collection 9 was Acid V and your upgrade price is now 99 instead of 199, you got a 100 off.

You're absolutely right in questioning it.

I think it's merely the perception of value. Had the upgrade prices (be it with a discount or not) been some euros cheaper, I wouldn't have said a thing or mentioned about it seeming to be a great deal. But the initial price point of entry to Collection 9 was so low (granted, during a sale) that the upgrade prices appear steep in comparison.

Basically my f-ed up math is: Starting with 9, price was  ~4.5 per plugin. With the discount from already buying an instrument, the price for upgrade is 15-19,8 per new plugin. Or 28-39,8 if you go straight from 9 to X. (The range depends if you count the updated instruments as 'new' or not, and excluding presets/soundbanks from the equation as I value those things a lot less). 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952byu5r0ejpmsw601fpyi

This forum has broken me.

Edited by Kirean
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

You're absolutely right in questioning it.

I think it's merely the perception of value. . . .

Basically my f-ed up math is: Starting with 9, price was  ~4.5 per plugin . . . .

Thanks for the clarification. 

BTW I don't think your math is "f-ed up" at all.  I do a very similar comparative thing with IK.  If I have already paid multiple times to "own" 90-95% of a bundled set of products and someone owns just one of those, their cost per new product is a very tiny percent of my cost per product I don't have. 

For X units of currency, I might get 4-5 products I don't already have, but for the same amount of money, others get 150+ products they don't already have. Therefore the deal is worth more (i.e., more valuable) to others than to me who already paid 2 to 3 times as much for the products. 

So, to me, it's brilliant, sound consumer-oriented logic! 😉 And it helps me to not spend money that could be better spent!

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (down --> don't)

If you don't see the value atm just wait the next V collection version out. The upgrade offer you get from 9 to XI will, over time, be pretty much the same as the current offer from 9 to X. There's a slim chance you will need any of the new additions right now anyways and if for any reason there is an urgency for you to get these asap then the upgrade price would still be fair.

There's a whole lot of GAS involved when it comes to these upgrade offers and companies know that. Most of us won't actually need any of the new stuff... it's just 'a nice to have' so wait it out. Who knows, maybe you will not even be interested in the product anymore when the time comes.