Kuassa Releases Moon Muffin at Intro Price

ralfrobert

$19 plus VAT if applicable. 

https://www.kuassa.com/products/efektor-moon-muffin-fuzz/

If you own Amplifikation 360, the plugin is free. You might have to wait for some hours to see it in your account. 

I have to say: Getting 360 was money well spent. The plugins are very good, can be used in the 360 GUI as modules or stand-alone, and new ones come in regularly. Kuassa is a very underrated company IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Kuassa is a very underrated company IMO. 

100%

Now I have ToneX, I don't know how much I'll end up using 'traditional' amp sims, but Kuassa consistently make great sounding plugins that actually sound like the amps they're meant to emulate. Love everything I have of theirs, but especially Matchlock!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

100%

Now I have ToneX, I don't know how much I'll end up using 'traditional' amp sims, but Kuassa consistently make great sounding plugins that actually sound like the amps they're meant to emulate. Love everything I have of theirs, but especially Matchlock!

The effects are worth a look, too. Good results with very little tweaking, not only for guitars. 

4 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

I have to say: Getting 360 was money well spent. The plugins are very good, can be used in the 360 GUI as modules or stand-alone, and new ones come in regularly. Kuassa is a very underrated company IMO. 

Kuassa does make good stuff, and I'm glad to see them getting some recognition.   Plus, I always appreciate when folks on the forum offer their own thoughts on products because I know I'm getting an honest opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I’m in the dark here. What is a moon muffin?

t

shame on me for asking, but if I visit their site it would probably end up with me buying something I don’t need and won’t use. 🙃

It looks like a big muff distortion plugin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

It looks like a big muff distortion plugin.

Yep, with multiple variants of the circuit style.

Honestly can't image it is better than some of my TONEX grabs of a Triangle and RAMS head variants.   Though you do have to grab on Advanced settings to get the grain structure accurate.  

Haven't compared but Nembrini also makes a free one:

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/collections/free/products/big-stuff-harmonic-distortion-sustain

I can't imagine paying $19 for an in the box emulation of a fuzz pedal that can't be used as an actual pedal, but that is just me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@Brian Walton Audiority do one call Big Goat, which is nice for 20 Euro's

Yeah, I have lots of their stuff and like the authorization system.  I ran a demo before and it didn't match my real world captures I did with TONEX (which I can use in a pedal as well as ITB), so easy pass at $20 for me.

I own some of those emulations and I still have a real Big Muff from the 80s. Frankly, one thing that all the emulations are missing, is the noise and the feedback like behavior between the notes (and this is not because the unit is that old, no it's been like that from the beginning)! I guess it will be difficult, or even impossible, to replace the real thing as a plugin IMHO!

1 minute ago, CSistine said:

I own some of those emulations and I still have a real Big Muff from the 80s. Frankly, one thing that all the emulations are missing, is the noise and the feedback like behavior between the notes (and this is not because the unit is that old, no it's been like that from the beginning)! I guess it will be difficult, or even impossible, to replace the real thing as a plugin IMHO!

Yep, I've owned a number of originals (and still have a few boutique versions - which I like better - such as options to remove the tone stack which makes them much more open sounding).  And the plugins I've tried lack the harmonic complexity of the real deal.  

TONEX is at least very close to the tonal range.

• Thanks 1

I just installed this one. Have everything Kuassa but been disappointed with the last few effects. This in the other hand is up there in my top 5 best plugins ever. Awesome. 

• Like 1