Introducing KVR Studio Manager

satya

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-studio-manager

We at KVR Audio are excited to announce the Public Beta release of KVR Studio Manager, a free / donationware software application for macOS and Windows that serves as a bridge between a KVR member's computer and their installed plugins and the KVR Audio website

KVR Studio Manager is currently in Public Beta, initially supporting VST3, Audio Units and CLAP plugins on Windows and macOS computers, so you may experience a few bugs and hiccups

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cool! I've been thinking about a plugin manager app for a long while now. This ties you to KVR, but they've already got a plugin database, so there's that. I wonder how well Devs keep their versions updated on KVR? 

I think iLok is missing out on a real opportunity to do something similar themselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mibby said:

I think iLok is missing out on a real opportunity to do something similar themselves

Don't think that will affect anything.  iLok will stay

Nah, it's just another crappy software manager totally uncalled for. All my software is perfectly managed and doesn't require another manager to manage existing managers.

Unless they are going to introduce bargain prices for industry standard software solutions on a rent-to-own basis, I don't see any reason to even look into it.

• Like 2

To be serious , the best manager , is the limitation  .... i didn't it recently with my (finally) update to windows 10 , and will continue , at one point, i could do a whole album with omnisphere and ez drummer ..... 

• Like 3

It would be nice to have a manager.. where you could created sets of plugins.. to activate for particular job, limiting what you see in the DAW. If a manager could "temporarily" move them out of the default folders to a holding area, when you activate a set, that would be a good manager in my opinion.

I have no idea what it does and why I need it.

a bridge between a KVR member's computer and their installed plugins and the KVR Audio website

So basically they just want to feed their database with the information which plugins are installed on how many computers and which user has what? How do I benefit from that?

36 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Nah, it's just another crappy software manager totally uncalled for. All my software is perfectly managed and doesn't require another manager to manage existing managers.

Unless they are going to introduce bargain prices for industry standard software solutions on a rent-to-own basis, I don't see any reason to even look into it.

This is the new thing these days  The sad thing is eve good developers do this.

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

This is the new thing these days  The sad thing is eve good developers do this.

For developers who offer dozens of products a utility, that can help users install, update, remove, demo products is a great solution. For third parties and vendors like KVR, PB and other mediators such "manager" is a way to gain more control over the software market. I fail to see how an "extra mouth to feed" could be beneficial to developers and their clients.

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

For developers who offer dozens of products a utility, that can help users install, update, remove, demo products is a great solution. For third parties and vendors like KVR, PB and other mediators such "manager" is a way to gain more control over the software market. I fail to see how an "extra mouth to feed" could be beneficial to developers and their clients.

They are all evil.   It leaves the enduser not able to make choices.  UAD forces it's way into Windows startup.  Native Asshat forces you to update.  Then you every month you have to clear out the necessary aax plugins, vst2, then logging in to an app.   

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

It would be nice to have a manager

2 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

wife

Got one already. Don't need or want another!!

4 hours ago, pwal³ said:

"give us your data"

Exactly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1