Not Liking the look of the New Sonar Interface

17 hours ago, CSistine said:

So it seems the only real change is the look of Sonar vs. CbB! If you do not have a high resolution monitor/graphics, then this is not worth much!

Also in the list of bug fixes I could almost find nothing that is of interest to me! But YMMV!

That is a gross understatement to say it's a change in look. While there was a lot of thought that went into the redesign both from our graphic artists and product management,  the bulk of the work that went into sonar was a rearchitecture of the UI framework. This was necessary for future work and to support modern displays. It is also much more efficient. In fact in the next update you will visibly see that the time display and meters response is smoother.

Besides the UI there are tons of changes beneath the hood of the app as well as hundreds of bug fixes over a period of a year and a half that we don't list.

If you find nothing of interest that is obviously going to be a subjective opinion any one could have about any software update. It depends on ones use and workflow for the app. There is no way we can could ever satisfy all users likes and needs.

Also this isn't the end of the feature set. There is more coming this year.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CSistine said:

Tell me, who does not already have a couple of spectrum analyzers? Don't misunderstand me, it's nice, but no reason to jump to Sonar!

Since I have found out that the Start Screen slows down starting that much, I have disabled it! 😄

Slows down? I've not seen anything like that. It opens pretty much instantly for me when the app starts. Which tab are you opening it with set to? If it defaults to the online library then of course it will take a second to populate but all other tabs are instant for me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tell me, who does not already have a couple of spectrum analyzers? Don't misunderstand me, it's nice, but no reason to jump to Sonar!

Not integrated into the tracks

Since I have found out that the Start Screen slows down starting that much, I have disabled it! 😄

Hasn't slowed anything down here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Right, you can't show a third party analyser on all tracks in the console.

Really like this! Is it going to be added to buses too?

11 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

How many times on Cakewalk Bandlab have I commented and seen thousands of users comment about the application's BUGs and in the same number hundreds of explanations that there were no BUGs, that it was a problem with my installation or the users, etc, etc, etc.

I think you exaggerate both the number of issues reported and the amount of resistance there is to acknowledging these issues. And it's indesputable that a significant majority of issues reported on the forum turn out to be due to misuse, misunderstanding or faults in 3rd-party software/hardware. so there's goood reason to question when someone cries BUG! without providing reproducible steps (acknowledging that the symptoms of some bugs are not easily reproduced).

24 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

thousands of bugs have been fixed.

Another exaggeration; he said "hundreds".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John T said:

Really like this! Is it going to be added to buses too?

It looks like it's built into the Pro Channel Quad EQ module, so anywhere that has this (which includes busses) gets this "for free".

Ah, indeed it does. Thought it wasn't before, but I just didn't have the EQ turned on on the master bus.

That does give me a thought for a feature request: the ability to have the analysers on on channels where the EQ is inactive.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:17 PM, Dave Gelzleichter said:

I'm only 67, I grew up in the country. Our phone number was 83-R1. I can't remember Grandpas number.

Same age, and our city phone number was Mitchell 95987.  Things seem to me to have been a lot classier then. All the men wore suits and hats and the women wore dresses  even if they were only going to the gtocery store. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gustabo said:

Not only the fly out anymore.

OK, It seems a little glitchy. I first clicked on the fly out and ya, no spectrum. I closed it and opened it again and it was there. I tried a few tracks and they all sort of were random on if the spectrum was there. Anyhow, where is the new one? I don't see anything ( not that anything is that visible now) 

Another thing I just noticed is Mix recall is either disabled or broken. You save a new scene and it's not on the recall list. Save again and it says scene 2 and it's not showing either.

And once again I don't no how many times I chose Solo instead of record today. That is super annoying. Please bring back the red dot. And with these narrow dividers I keep focusing the wrong track. I'm not giving up yet but it's hard to get excited about this new look. 

And I also notice the console view all my strips are the same colour now. That's also a regresion. So I hope it becomes a priority to see if we can return to customizing the colours. 

Spectrum was added to the small EQ screens on CV strips and the PC module.  Before it was exclusive to the flyout.  It is a little glitchy ATM.

MSR buttons are all in the same location.  Just use muscle memory and you'll be fine.  :D  The one that got me was the headphone icon for Input Echo.

Color strips are OFF by default.  Same place as before but you have to check the box to see 'em.  Preferences > Customization > Colors > Track Strips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sjoens said:

Spectrum was added to the small EQ screens on CV strips and the PC module.  Before it was exclusive to the flyout.  It is a little glitchy ATM.

@sjoenswhat specifcally is “glitchy”? Perhaps you could submit a bug report from the help menu or include a video showing the problem you are encountering…

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1