So I'm playing with the new Sonar

16 hours ago, David Baay said:

You just need to switch to the large transport. I only use the small one and do all navigation with shortcuts.

Thanks David, that took care of the transport issues...

12 hours ago, sjoens said:

Additional color themes will be added in the future.  Try changing some or all of the "colors".  I changed all of them to green and nothing happened.  > Colors are DOA but hopefully a work in progress. - WARNING: There's no default preset to revert back to if you do change them.

They now have a good opportunity to return all the COLORS we had with Sonar 8 and prior.

Just like earlier versions, click the box next to Show strip colors in the COLORS > Track Strips section.

Control Bar no longer slides to navigate hidden modules.  It now collapses modules if needed to crowd everyone into the visible frame - not really a fan of this.  Right-click & select Resize All Modules > Large to invoke arrows.

> Currently no drag & drop to Track View... <- Yesterday I could not do this.  Today it works. :S

> Inspector CBP dropdown menu now works w/o cutting off entries in large lists like Yamaha XG.  All menus are updated. - NICE!

> Quick Groups in Track View still broken - When using Inspector to change Inputs & OutputsOccasionally only some of the selected tracks change.  QG works when changing within Track View itself.

> Something goofy with Console FX Assignable Controls top box.
cv-asncc.png.b3f4c740e01d1ba61fbef7d112a13500.png

Edited for Clarity and anyone else who's confused. :D

Thanks, that took care of the Track Strip colors...

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

I'd like to see some fonts enlarged in Sonar to better match CbB (e.g. Transport and Mix module numbers and labels), but they are definitely less fuzzy.

Yep,  this... The font in the control bar is a bit to small for me...

So, even after a restart I'm still getting "The above Audio\Midi device has been disconnected from your system" box after relaunching Sonar after closing a previous project... If I start Sonar and do not open a project and then close it, upon relaunch I don't get the Audio device disconnected... Anyone else with a MOTU interface having this problem? I do not have this issue with CbB...

After every project I always complete close CbB before opening another one... My Motif VST3 does not play nice and will crash Cakewalk every time if I open two consecutive  projects that it is in without completely closing Cakewalk...

13 hours ago, sjoens said:

When using Inspector to change Inputs & OutputsOccasionally only some of the selected tracks change.

Okay, yes, I'm aware of that specific issue with Quick Grouping I/O assignments via the Inspector. I thought you meant something more general in the Track View itself.

13 hours ago, sjoens said:

> Something goofy with Console FX Assignable Controls top box.
cv-asncc.png.b3f4c740e01d1ba61fbef7d112a13500.png

Yes, I see that on both my unscaled desktop displays and scaled laptop.

22 hours ago, sjoens said:

Curious to see that, as it's always worked for me.

HI:) Could you please confirm that when you drag the Transform Box (modify the CCs) to left or right, the selection of the CCs gets lost. 
I have to first unselect Transform, select the wanted CCs, select Transform again then can modify the CCs in the Box again.
(Video down below, you can see that it does strange things! The Result is just seen one time)

Doesn't happen with Modifying Up/Down.

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

20 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Could you please confirm that when you drag the Transform Box (modify the CCs) to left or right, the selection of the CCs gets lost. 

If you drag the sides of the box between the transform nodes, you will change the selection range. Make sure you're seeing the different cursor that appears over the nodes before dragging. And if you do inadvertently change the selection, you can just drag between the nodes again to reset the range rather than disabling the transform tool and re-selecting.

Edited by David Baay

Looks to me like the cursor is changing to the right one but the associated function isn't happening.

However it's not clear which cc he's working on, if it matters.

Edited by sjoens

That pesky Aim Assist Line still lingers into other MultiDock views when switching from Track View.  Tip: Place AAL (cursor) at point zero before switching.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sjoens said:

Looks to me like the cursor is changing to the right one but the associated function isn't happening.

However it's not clear which cc he's working on, if it matters.

Yes, I see that now, though many times it looks like he's missing the hotspot. Looks like Modulation controllers but shouldn't matter. I've not used the transform tool that much but played around  for quite a while and couldn't replicate the problem. I know in that past there have occasionally been issues that affect only some localizations - possibly this is one of those. Otherwise maybe a mouse driver/display scaling issue.

3 hours ago, sjoens said:

That pesky Aim Assist Line still lingers into other MultiDock views when switching from Track View.  Tip: Place AAL (cursor) at point zero before switching.

Or hit the X key twice (or whatever key you have Aim Assist bound to). The first press cleans up the remnants of it from the screen and the second turns it on, but does not show it.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

Yes, I see that now, though many times it looks like he's missing the hotspot. Looks like Modulation controllers but shouldn't matter. I've not used the transform tool that much but played around  for quite a while and couldn't replicate the problem. I know in that past there have occasionally been issues that affect only some localizations - possibly this is one of those. Otherwise maybe a mouse driver/display scaling issue.

HI:)

I used Modulation, just the first CC I found:) 
Transform does always work with Velocity, but often not at all and visual result is displayed only sometimes!
Opened an older Project and Transform refuses to work. No chance: I've sent this file to the bakers but got never an answer! (2 years ago! I the switched to Reaper)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

A new graphic issue:  When opening a project saved in CbB, the Inspector bleeds thru from underneath MultiDock views.  O.o

bleed.thumb.jpg.572d3ff84c6d95fe3b485fcc336af071.jpg

Does this happen every time you open the project? If so, please can you PM me a copy of it?

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

A new graphic issue:  When opening a project saved in CbB, the Inspector bleeds thru from underneath MultiDock views.  O.o

Whats your refresh rate of your monitor? Are you using onboard graphics or a dedicated one? Try to update all your VCredist files - old versions and new versions. 

Edited by Will.

6 hours ago, sjoens said:

Figured out what the repro is, it only happens when the dock is the full screen width rather than the default width. It's logged on our end. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John T said:

Just downloaded this and had a poke around. Seems promising. Overall, I like the flatness, though of course, it's still a bit raw in its present version.

Yeah, that’s a good description: raw. But so far I haven’t run into any issues other than readability which is something a good theme could fix.

Edited by Terry Kelley

Posted (edited)

Maybe someone can try this and confirm:

1. Select an Audio track

2. Click on properties

3. Click on Audio Snap

4. Check the Enable box

5. Check the Follow Project

6. Select another Audio track and do the same

7. Go back to the original and see if the Follow Project box is still checked.

A couple of times the box wouldn't show the check mark until I moved to a different track and then back.  There is always a slight delay before the box is refreshed while it does the audio snap, but in this case it just never showed up until I flipped back. Minor but could be me too. Usually is!

Edited by Terry Kelley

30 minutes ago, Terry Kelley said:

A couple of times the box wouldn't show the check mark until I moved to a different track and then back. 

Not seeing that here; check mark appeared immediately on the first track and persisted when enabling another track and switching back. Tried several times with different tracks.

• Thanks 1