new tune from bats brew - "The Strip"

bats brew

On 2/12/2024 at 7:49 AM, jack c. said:

rockin to the max.jack mc

hey jack!

yep, that's what we do here in bat land, try to rock to the max.

that place (the strip) was rockin' to the max when i was there! holy crap

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:55 PM, timboalogo said:

Certainly like when it all hits at 1:28, and I'm a sucker for wah, you know! And I really enjoyed the ending, well done!

Timbo

ha! timbo, another wah lover...

wah was my first FX pedal, i had always wanted one, mowed a lot of lawns to get the money to buy one.

this wah, after many wahs thru the years, is a Budda Wah.

it just seemed to want wah in this song, it's kinda sassy anyway.

• Like 1

Hey, Bat!

I just purchased the album and am downloading the FLAC files now. That was a quick 0.5 GB download. LOVE fiber-based Internet access! I live in France now, so the payment system added France's 20% VAT, but only to the original $7 minimum, and not on the extra $3 I tossed in. It kept mentioning euros, but charged me in $. I still have a US bank account and a dollar-based PayPal account in addition to my euro-based one, so I didn't have to pay PayPal's high currency exchange fees.

This song f'ing rocks! Looking forward to listening to the others. We used to be neighbors when I lived in Flagstaff, but we're still neighbors via the digital world.

Keep doing what you're doing!

John

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:08 AM, John Maar said:

Hey, Bat!

I just purchased the album and am downloading the FLAC files now. That was a quick 0.5 GB download. LOVE fiber-based Internet access! I live in France now, so the payment system added France's 20% VAT, but only to the original $7 minimum, and not on the extra $3 I tossed in. It kept mentioning euros, but charged me in $. I still have a US bank account and a dollar-based PayPal account in addition to my euro-based one, so I didn't have to pay PayPal's high currency exchange fees.

This song f'ing rocks! Looking forward to listening to the others. We used to be neighbors when I lived in Flagstaff, but we're still neighbors via the digital world.

Keep doing what you're doing!

John

you rock john. you rock.

it's cool that bandcamp lets you pull several different versions if you want...

and of course, for any of my forum buddies that buy something, i'm more than happy to custom make files for you that are different than what bandcamp offers, and just send a download link.

like, if you wanted redbook 16 bit 44.1khz wav files, it's easy for me to burn em.

then you dump em on a cd, and can play them in any cd player.

just seems no one does that anymore (except me!) LOL

i've been thru flagstaff a few times,

one of the coolest (literally) places in the  southwest. i dig it.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 8:09 PM, John Vere said:

Killer! Way to much good s—t in the mix. And of course nobody can  stomp a wha pedal like you. I guess I better buy the album! 

hi john! glad you dig this one, it's a fun one, i think.

it's kinda loosy goosy like vegas is...

that's the good ole Budda Wah working on that one...

updated pedalboard.jpg

On 2/19/2024 at 1:26 PM, Old Joad said:

Your vocal is just killer, I like the acoustic. the whole tune rocks.🤩

Thanks Joad 

I worked hard on that vocal,

It took a while to figure out how aggressive it needed to be, to get that vibe across 

Edited by bats brew

As usual -- everything is top notch on this number.  This is some good hard rocking!  Excellent guitar work and yes, the vocals also!

Good luck  on the album!  Love the ending piece!

Edited by freddy j
addition