Sonar pop up screen

I prefer to work with my DAW computer offline most of the time.  The pop-up ad for Sonar that I experience doesn't interfere with the program in any way; it's just an annoying 19 sec. delay (count-down to Close) every time I initiate CW.  Is there any way to prevent the pop-up from recurring while you are working offline?

2 minutes ago, Sergio Miranda said:

Solution to disable the "new" Sonar splash screen: reinstall a previous version of Cakewalk.
Is it recommended? No.
Does it solve the problem? Yes.

NO, because any earlier version of CbB will eventually deactivate - and then it would not reactivate.

You would have to use a previous version that is not Cakewalk by Bandlab.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sergio Miranda said:

No problem for me. It works like a charm!

iBTL (getting tedious)

So you went on line to download and install it.? There is your answer. You were on line to install/activate it  = no nag screen. Think about it ……

J

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:20 PM, Jeremy Oakes said:

So you went on line to download and install it.? There is your answer. You were on line to install/activate it  = no nag screen. Think about it ……

no... I keep all my previous update installers on the system in case I need to rollback. But those installers can be found here anyway: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/33-product-release-info/
By the way... steel works like a charm!

Edited by Sergio Miranda

On 2/7/2024 at 3:35 PM, Sergio Miranda said:

No problem for me. It works like a charm!

Because your current authorization is active or you were successful in activating it?
Please let us know what happens six months down the road...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sergio Miranda said:

no... I keep all my previous update installers on the system in case I need to rollback. But those installers can be found here anyway: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/33-product-release-info/
By the way... steel works like a charm!

You can no longer roll back. There is only one installer for CbB that can be activated, and this by the internet . All the others don’t work/cannot be activated. 
J

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

There is only one installer for CbB that can be activated, and this by the internet . All the others don’t work/cannot be activated. 

I am still running 2022.06 and when people complained about the new 3-month activation window and the program being "disabled completely," I went in and manually re-activated it 2 weeks ago without issues. Spreading disinformation (regardless of how often it it is done), does not make it fact.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I am still running 2022.06 and when people complained about the new 3-month activation window and the program being "disabled completely," I went in and manually re-activated it 2 weeks ago without issues. Spreading disinformation (regardless of how often it it is done), does not make it fact.

So what you’re saying is the Bakers are spreading  mis info ?

J

2 minutes ago, mettelus said:

No, you are.

That statement is not true. The bakers didnt say it, YOU did.

i suggest you read the above and i quote in case you can’t be bothered :

“Note: Because earlier versions of Cakewalk can no longer be activated, there is no rollback installer available for the 2023.09 release.”

so did i say it or not ? Oops. Hey, no worries,

J

• Like 1

What is said and what is fact are quite often two different things. That is the only point here. When someone has a self-interest in what is said, it often reflects in what they say. The legacy Cakewalk servers are still online, so taking the activation server offline for CbB would support a self-serving reason.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mettelus said:

What is said and what is fact are quite often two different things. That is the only point here. When someone has a self-interest in what is said, it often reflects in what they say. The legacy Cakewalk servers are still online, so taking the activation server offline for CbB would support a self-serving reason.

Yeah ok, then the Bakers are wrong…….

I’ll try installing an old version.. Tomorrow,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Yeah ok, then the Bakers are wrong…….

I’ll try installing an old version.. Tomorrow,  

Me too. I still have the old versions in my download folder backup. I have a couple of extra computers I don’t really use for much that all have Cakewalk on them. So we’ll see what happens.  
What understand is the old

versions used the old Bandlab server that they told us had been de commissioned for the new one.  This was why we were told we had to update.
Staff in another similar thread chimed in and said the splash screen was added back in September when the last release came out and it’s just showing up now.