PB: Claim your FREE copy of Motion: Harmonic Lite or Choric Quartet

Soundwise

The fineprint:

Exclusively free with your purchase this month, you can claim your free copy of Excite Audio Motion: Harmonic Lite or Caelum Audio Choric Quartet at the checkout with any eligible purchase.

Important note:

Rent To Own plans are not eligible for the free transaction gift.

Ends 31st January 2024

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Compared to the freebies last year, this is kind of ... meh I would say. Any other opinions?

I think this is great. It makes me not want to buy anything cheap, that I probably won't use, to get something for "free" that I will also most likely not use.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

For those of you who are considering PB freebies, I highly recommend pedals from this bundle (also available individually). These are high quality Marshall pedal emulations.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundles/39-Effects-Bundles/7810-The-British-Tanks-Collection

They also stack exceptionally well, which is not always true for real pedals and nearly non-existent in the digital realm.

Edited by Soundwise
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

For those of you who are considering PB freebies, I highly recommend pedals from this bundle (also available individually). These are high quality Marshall pedal emulations.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundles/39-Effects-Bundles/7810-The-British-Tanks-Collection

They also stack exceptionally well, which is not always true for real pedals and nearly non-existent in the digital realm.

A great recommendation.

The individual pedals are often discounted by 50% so each comes down to $10 during sales. But I haven't seen this bundle get discounted proportionately during those periods.

Meaning, the four Marshall pedals on sale add up to 4x10=$40, so purchasing all four separately works out to be cheaper than the bundle, which shouldn't be the case.

Though ofcourse, if you were buying at non-sale prices then the bundle would appear cheaper ($44 vs $80).

Also, you can download a demo which emits noise periodically once the trial expires but it still good enough to give you a feel of the overall product should you be considering purchase.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I really like Audiority stuff. Especially their  Echorec and their Electric Mistress. Was disappointed with the Bluesbreaker pedal in this bundle though. 

That's why it's a good idea to demo stuff first. 😊

FWIW, Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal is the secret sauce in John Mayer's signal chain. Last time I checked, there were not many plugin emulations of this pedal or the entire series, recently re-issued by Marshall.

16 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

FWIW, Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal is the secret sauce in John Mayer's signal chain. Last time I checked, there were not many plugin emulations of this pedal or the entire series, recently re-issued by Marshall.

Nah. There isn’t. That’s why I got excited about it.  I’m more of a tonebender mk2 man myself. Just bought a Blues Driver pedal (not a bluesbreaker) and it’s got a really great tone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

honestly think the BB is irrelevant to is signal chain.

Easy to get his style of tone with a Strat and a Two-Rock or Dumble, no $150 pedal needed.

I've used a King of Tone (which is a more refined BB circuit) for over a decade and since it is a pedal it will reduce the dynamic range and touch sensitivity of a good amp.  I've also had an original BB, and while it is better than a tube screamer, it certainly can be improved upon.

24 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

But these  freebies are crap! So why strategize?

Normally the strategy is buy some low priced junk you will never use so you can get the decent free with purchase item.

In this case the strategy is to buy something decent for cheap so they throw in something you have no interest in.

That being said, I think we can all appreciate a month free of temptation like this one is this far.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

But these  freebies are crap! So why strategize?

Thanks for confirming that. I thought it's just me. 😄

On the other hand it means that the generation gap just got bigger. While Xers and Boomers tend to cling on to more traditional, analog-ish stuff, Millennials and Gen Zers are brave enough to explore new ways to process audio. Things that don't work for me, for you or other similar minded folks might work miracles for others.

• Like 2