Bedroom full of snow

equality

On 1/1/2024 at 12:46 AM, mark skinner said:

Mikael , first off welcome !   Great job on your first song post here. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you . I Enjoyed the intimacy of the vocals and thought the lyrics were fantastic. 

Enjoyed it ..   mark

Thank you so much for the kind welcome and feedback. Very much appreciated! 🙏🌷

21 hours ago, bmarlowe said:

Nice song and mix. I really like your drum kit selection - what did you use?

Many thanks! The drum kit is Indie Rock provided by Addictive Drums 2 from XLN audio.

Welcome to the song forum and Happy New Year to you too ! I enjoyed the song, nice work. A tiny critique from my listening is that sometimes the bassline got slightly lost in the piano and I like the bassline a lot so just a small mention. The mix is very good, good vocals and good song

• Like 1

Like this tune very much ! You've got a great sense of melody, smooth vocals, and a solid rhythm track . . . the piano part that drives it is very cool, is that some kind of felt piano sound, or did you just mix it like that ? . . . really enjoyed this one, and echo others here . . . let's hear some more !

On 1/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Mikael , 

welcome and a great first post

really liked the song

Great vocals and a good mix

Looking forward to hearing more

Cheers

Nigel

Thank you so much Nigel! Appreciate it. 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

This is a refreshing song and a damn good mix and performance.  Welcome to the forum Mikael!  Hope to hear more from you this year!

Thanks for the kind words Lynn! I do appreciate. 

On 1/3/2024 at 12:56 AM, treesha said:

Welcome to the song forum and Happy New Year to you too ! I enjoyed the song, nice work. A tiny critique from my listening is that sometimes the bassline got slightly lost in the piano and I like the bassline a lot so just a small mention. The mix is very good, good vocals and good song

Thank you very much Treesha! I liked the bass line busy but there are probably instances where there are too many notes that could interfere with the piano which also has a distinct bass line. I could have chosen to transpose the bass an octave down but I guess that would have made it more anonymous. I guess it's a fair compromise as it is right now. 

• Great Idea 1

When you say you’re from the North I’m assuming you’re a fellow Canadian. We share a love of a style of music. You made that song work with only 3 instruments. The bass is what really makes it. Don’t touch it. I really didn’t notice anything I’d call conflicting.  It’s sort of a live music vibe that way. 
Are you planning on doing live shows?  There’s become a bigger demand for what you are doing as people get bored with computer stuff. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, John Vere said:

When you say you’re from the North I’m assuming you’re a fellow Canadian. We share a love of a style of music. You made that song work with only 3 instruments. The bass is what really makes it. Don’t touch it. I really didn’t notice anything I’d call conflicting.  It’s sort of a live music vibe that way. 
Are you planning on doing live shows?  There’s become a bigger demand for what you are doing as people get bored with computer stuff. 

Thanks for those encouraging words John! I live in  Sweden near the Norwegian border. Right now it's 25 below zero Celsius. I have no band nor the ability to do live performances. 

20240105_104221.jpg

Edited by equality

Cool. Literally. Beautiful spot you have there.   I live in BC Canada and normally I could post a similar picture of my back yard but it’s been a warm 0 degrees C. All winter here. The coldest it got was-6. So we haven’t had more than a few snowfalls that melt in a few days. It wasn’t a White Christmas. No cross country skiing so far. 
But winter is the best time to write songs. 
Apparently my ancestors were from your area when I did the DNA test thing. 
Anyway nice to connect with you.  Now go record another song and I’ll watch for it 

7 hours ago, John Vere said:

Cool. Literally. Beautiful spot you have there.   I live in BC Canada and normally I could post a similar picture of my back yard but it’s been a warm 0 degrees C. All winter here. The coldest it got was-6. So we haven’t had more than a few snowfalls that melt in a few days. It wasn’t a White Christmas. No cross country skiing so far. 
But winter is the best time to write songs. 
Apparently my ancestors were from your area when I did the DNA test thing. 
Anyway nice to connect with you.  Now go record another song and I’ll watch for it 

Likewise John! Right now we have the coldest winter in 25 years. I'll try cross country skiing tomorrow. I have moved from music creation to photography which is less time consuming compared to music making. I mostly try to refine my old songs due to better music apps nowadays. Cheers!

• Like 1