Headrush launched ReValver 5 FREE

satya

https://musictech.com/news/gear/headrush-revalver-5-amp-modelling-software-free/

https://revalver.headrushfx.com/

ReValver 5 is free for life and “infinitely expandable.” Users can now recreate the sounds of acoustics, folk instruments, and even other electric guitar and pickup combinations with its Audio Cloning Technology (ACT).

ReValver 5 will always remain free, but a collection of four paid-for expansion packs are currently available at promotional prices until 31 December.

• Like 1

This is great. I already have a million amp sims inc.everything Kuassa, AmpliTube5, load of Softube, Audio Assault Amp Locker, HoRNetGuitarKit, Melda Guitar Architect, Hotone VStomp Amp, Klevgrand Stark, Muramasa Electrum and even Guitar Rig 6 Le.

Question is...do I n**d it? We all know the answer right?

• Like 1

I think it's important to mention one information this post and the other one before are missing. While Revalver 5 has a free license, you have to use a physical USB dongle to activate it. This dongle can be any USB device or an iLoK dongle. Meaning you're essentially running into the same issue Slate's Virtual Mix Rack has: The software and some of the modules are free but if you don't pay for the software, you need an iLoK dongle to activate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I think it's important to mention one information this post and the other one before are missing. While Revalver 5 has a free license, you have to use a physical USB dongle to activate it. This dongle can be any USB device or an iLoK dongle. Meaning you're essentially running into the same issue Slate's Virtual Mix Rack has: The software and some of the modules are free but if you don't pay for the software, you need an iLoK dongle to activate it.

whats the point to use some usb device for activation for free product? you may sell this usb device sooner ar later anyway and then what?

why they just do not use normal ilok? probably not willing to pay fees to them...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satya said:

https://musictech.com/news/gear/headrush-revalver-5-amp-modelling-software-free/

https://revalver.headrushfx.com/

ReValver 5 is free for life and “infinitely expandable.” Users can now recreate the sounds of acoustics, folk instruments, and even other electric guitar and pickup combinations with its Audio Cloning Technology (ACT).

ReValver 5 will always remain free, but a collection of four paid-for expansion packs are currently available at promotional prices until 31 December.

"I'm really happy that InMusic has bought..."  Only an influencer can say that line with a straight face. Note that he does a little dance around the presets being disappointing (he gives viewers a heads up that the presets aren't very good). 

InMusic has yet to significantly improve any software it has purchased and it has had a lot of time with AIR and BFD and it doesn't appear to have made any of them much better after purchasing them.  I wouldn't be as blunt if this were a small player, but this is one of the largest players in the industry. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Hmmm...allows the use of third party VSTs...but only VST2s. No VST3s...

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I think it's important to mention . . . While Revalver 5 has a free license, you have to use a physical USB dongle to activate it. This dongle can be any USB device or an iLoK dongle. 

Thanks for posting product details.  

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

While Revalver 5 has a free license, you have to use a physical USB dongle to activate it.

It can be activated to built-in devices. Mine is tied to built-in webcam, and I've been offered to use built-in audio as well. Besides that, now users can easily loose one device and use another.

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

It can be activated to built-in devices. Mine is tied to built-in webcam, and I've been offered to use built-in audio as well. Besides that, now users can easily loose one device and use another.

Mine's tied to my interface.  If that goes I doubt that not getting into Revalver is going to be at the top of my list of problems.

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, MrFigg said:

This is great. I already have a million amp sims inc.everything Kuassa, AmpliTube5, load of Softube, Audio Assault Amp Locker, HoRNetGuitarKit, Melda Guitar Architect, Hotone VStomp Amp, Klevgrand Stark, Muramasa Electrum and even Guitar Rig 6 Le.

Question is...do I n**d it? We all know the answer right?

That's a neat collection of amp sims. Probably part of the answer to your question is in the answers to these others - Which ones let you tweak at component-level? (e.g, replace a "virtual tube" with a slightly different model) and is that something you'd like to be able to do?

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

That's a neat collection of amp sims. Probably part of the answer to your question is in the answers to these others - Which ones let you tweak at component-level? (e.g, replace a "virtual tube" with a slightly different model) and is that something you'd like to be able to do?

While that aspect of tweaking was unique to Revalver back then (BIAS Amp has some minor form of tweaking), that extensive tweakability doesn't seem to be a feature everyone is after nowadays. Peavey really dropped the ball with the product because it had emulations of every single amp Peavey made and you could only find those emulations in their product.

MTurboAmp is the product which gets closest to what Revalver does.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

54 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

While that aspect of tweaking was unique to Revalver back then (BIAS Amp has some minor form of tweaking), that extensive tweakability doesn't seem to be a feature everyone is after nowadays. Peavey really dropped the ball with the product because it had emulations of every single amp Peavey made and you could only find those emulations in their product.

MTurboAmp is the product which gets closest to what Revalver does.

MGuitarArchitect my friend. That’s the one you want. 

• Like 1