BF IR Loaders - I'm tempted but ask myself why buy an IR loader?

Doug Steinschneider

20 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Not a better buy (based  on price alone) but I picked this up last week.  It's insane.  One of the best features is the ability to organize the IRs I've amassed, tag them, modify and save, mix with other IRs graphically, tone match, leverage Kirchoff IQ bands, etc., blah, blah.  I have no regrets.  Just being able to browse and sample IRs with a click is so gratifying.  Its way more than I thought I would pay for an IR loader but it's so much more.  The stock IRs are really good, too.

https://www.threebodytech.com/en/products/cabinetron

I saw this when you mentioned it in the "Show us your booty" thread so I've been demoing it.  While it might be a bit pricey,  IMHO it's the one to beat.  It's pretty full-featured.  My favorite part is when you want to try out an IR you just drag and drop it.  Voila, there it is.  No menus, no folder searches, no fuss.  It's really well thought out and implemented.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jude77 said:

I saw this when you mentioned it in the "Show us your booty" thread so I've been demoing it.  While it might be a bit pricey,  IMHO it's the one to beat.  It's pretty full-featured.  My favorite part is when you want to try out an IR you just drag and drop it.  Voila, there it is.  No menus, no folder searches, no fuss.  It's really well thought out and implemented.

That's one of the biggest reasons I jumped on it - I could see the workflow would quicken and simplify my workflow at the same time.  The demo didn't let me down.

• Like 1

If quickly snapping your favorite IR after amped signal is your thing - go with any free IR loader. However, if you are never satisfied with a single IR or tired of going through your collection of IRs to pick the right one, or, worst case scenario, overwhelmed with endless IR picking and matching - get WoS by Two-notes or Celestion Speaker Shaper by Softube. They simplify an otherwise complicated IR setup process and can become a huge time-saver.

10 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

Fractal knows a thing or two about IRs.

This might be of interest to you... (it's now free)

https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/

Good loader, but also sorely missing a powerful EQ system to allow you far more flexibly in creating an IR.  Thus less of an all in one solution than it could have been.

Also note (as one might expect) the positioning graphics only work for proprietary paid packs.  So no simulation/eq manipulation for standard IRs.

That said, I certainly recommend something like this to start (just like Melda's free Convolution plugin) before buying something.

Just a nudge to check out the Audio Assault Air Rack  that I mentioned earlier in the thread?
Even though its now $9.99 (still on sale, but not the BF** $5 price I mentioned at the time) it looks like it ticks off all the boxes people have mentioned as desirable in an IR handler except for tone matching:

• IR Mixer with Tweakable Mic Position
  • Serial/Parallel IR Processing
  • IR Export Function
  • Deconvolver
  • Unlimited Slots
  • FREE IR Library Included (can use your own as well)
  • Resizable GUI
  • EQ
  • phase delay
  • normalizer
  • panning
  • etc.

**web site says BF sale is still on but when I tried code just a couple of minutes ago it wasn't working for me.
Edit: 12/4 Other people have reported that code is working.

Edited by TheSteven
fixed a couple of typos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

Just a nudge to check out the Audio Assault Air Rack  that I mentioned earlier in the thread?
Even though its now $9.99 (still on sale, but not the BF** $5 price I mentioned at the time) it looks like it ticks off all the boxes people have mentioned as desirable in an IR handler except for tone matching:

• IR Export Function
  • Deconvolver
  • Unlimited Slots
  • Resizable GUI
  • EQ
  • phase delay
  • normalizer
  • panning
  • etc.

Yeah. It's a good one.

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

• IR Export Function
  • Deconvolver
  • Unlimited Slots
  • Resizable GUI
  • EQ
  • phase delay
  • normalizer
  • panning
  • etc.

**web site says BF sale is still on but when I tried code just a couple of minutes ago it wasn't working for me.

Thanks for recommending this.  I just purchased it to get the deconvolution feature .

Also,  I just tried to use the BF code at checkout.  It worked for me.  Good price  ($5)

C2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cecelius2 said:

Thanks for recommending this.  I just purchased it to get the deconvolution feature .

Also,  I just tried to use the BF code at checkout.  It worked for me.  Good price  ($5)

C2

I haven't tried it yet but the deconvolution feature (as the web page says: 'Make impulse responses from your own guitar cabs!') sounds like a cool feature.

21 hours ago, TheSteven said:

• IR Export Function
  • Deconvolver
  • Unlimited Slots
  • Resizable GUI
  • EQ
  • phase delay
  • normalizer
  • panning
  • etc.

I was able to buy aIR Rack for $5 - thanks for the tip. I think it's the right one for my usage.

• Like 2