EastWest Hollywood Orchestra / Fantasy Orchestra + Forbidden Planet

Zolton

I know I'm biased because EW named their browser after my avatar, but these are Uncle E's words (From JRRShop, via KVR), not mine:

You thought Black Friday was over...

The best deal has just begun...

It will launch a thousand Interstellar soundtracks. It will launch a thousand Hobbit soundtracks.

It will launch a Hobbit into space.

EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Diamond + Forbidden Planet, now $299 instead of $1,394
EastWest Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra + Forbidden Planet, now $499 instead of $1,394

Receive Forbidden Planet FREE when you purchase and register EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Diamond or Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra between November 26 and November 30, 2023:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest-hollywood-orchestra-opus-edition-diamond

Also available directly from the Opus' mouth, if you prefer (and likely anywhere else HW Orchestra bits are sold):

https://www.soundsonline.com/orchestral/hollywood-orchestra-opus-edition

Edited to add: As one might expect, though, coupon FORUM at JRR whacks another $30+ off. (No love with coupon GROUP, but still, wow.)

Edited by Zolton
Added coupon info
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, husker said:

Has anyone gone for this deal yet?   I got the license for Fantasy Orchestra, but nothing on the Forbidden Planet.

"Register your Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra license code at https://www.eastwestsounds.com/register/ between November 26 and November 30, 2023, and get a Free license for Forbidden Planet deposited into your iLok account!"

Did you register it at EW?

7 minutes ago, husker said:

Has anyone gone for this deal yet?   I got the license for Fantasy Orchestra, but nothing on the Forbidden Planet.

I sprang (sprung? springeded?) for HOOPUS at JRR, and Forbidden Planet showed up in the EW Installation Manager with the orchestral bits, once I'd registered on the East West site.

3 hours ago, husker said:

FYI I had to email EastWest - something odd happened in my transaction, and they had to deposit the Forbidden Planet into my account manually.

Don't use the EW Installation Center to activate your code, only the web site activation gives you your Forbidden Panet!
If you use the EWIC to activate your code you'll have to go through support and supply them with your iLok to get FP added to your account.

Edited by TheSteven
to fix typo
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Don't use the EW Installation Center to activate your code, only the web site activation gives you your Forbidden Panet!
If you use the EWIC to activate your code you'll have to go through support and supply them with your iLok to get FP added to your account.

I definitely used the web site for activation, just something went wonky.

It is a great deal - I was planning on Fantasy Orchestra this Christmas, so a free Forbidden Planet is great.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, husker said:

I definitely used the web site for activation, just something went wonky.

It is a great deal - I was planning on Fantasy Orchestra this Christmas, so a free Forbidden Planet is great.

I used the EWIC and had to contact support but a couple of emails back & forth and it was fixed! Under an hour in all, and only that long because I was working on other stuff.

Edited by TheSteven

19 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I used the EWIC and had to contact support but a couple of emails back & forth and it was fixed! Under an hour in all, and only that long because I was working on other stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised how quickly they resolved it for me as well.  Kudos to Eastwest. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, husker said:

I was pleasantly surprised how quickly they resolved it for me as well.  Kudos to Eastwest. 

Indeed. Sent them a ticket and found everything at my account the day after. This was one you couldn't miss. Now I need xtra storage 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Rational said:

Agreed. Don't want to miss this one. I'm getting it for sure. I had my eye on hollywood orchestra back in the day and never went for it.

But with the recent gui updates and all plus the bonus it's an easy decision.

And it’s got a perfect player now, with the Orchestrator and all. No brainer. 

• Like 1