VPS Avenger 2.0 launched

satya

1 hour ago, Vst0nE said:

falcon was also upgraded and they did not ask for any money, 99e seems bit too much, maybe 49e ok

if you do mainly edm/house/dance music etc choose avanger , otherwise choose falcon

Thanks, got Falcon and love it.
I’m definitely not into edm, house or dance, so that rules out Avenger. 

Still not sure why people are trying to pigeonhole Avenger. First it is a preset machine, now it is an edm/house/dance machine? That is a load of bollocks. It is actually a  general purpose supersynth. Just to be clear, I am not an Avenger Fanboi, just trying to prevent the spread of misinformation. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Thanks, got Falcon and love it.
I’m definitely not into edm, house or dance, so that rules out Avenger. 

I'm a Rock guy... 

Picked up Avenger 2 earlier today.

Just spent a few minutes tinkering with a stacked 4-voice SAW waveform (single oscillator)... and it was quick/easy to mimic the thick/bright stereo analog sound I use live for Turn Up The Radio, Don't Tell Me You Love Me, Let's Go Crazy, etc.

Though it's nothing like a Nord Stage 4, the final result sounded remarkably similar.

Edit:

Though this sound isn't particularly complex,  it's a whole lot easier to achieve in Avenger vs Falcon.

I have Falcon 3... but rarely use it.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Like 2

I have Avenger 2 now.  Loading it, it requests the Factory Content.  Where do you download the factory content from?  I'm searching all over for it to download fresh from Vengeance.  Anyone know?   I have the Avenger 1 content, but this new version has new content I believe.

Oh! I found it!  It's in the Expansions area.  It's listed alphabetically, under the Fs.  Vengeance sure could make that more obvious!

Edited by lawajava

Well, I just checked every Avenger expansion. Sadly for me, almost all of them are indeed dance oriented.
Lots of acid, disco, doorstep, drum & bass, hardstyle, hip hop, house, moonbahton, psy, rave, techno, trance, trap, tropical and whatever EDM genre you’d like. 
It’s obvious what Avenger’s main orientation is and I’m definitely not into that. 
Furthermore, the few non-dance Avenger expansions I could verify are clearly not on par with Falcon’s huge library of ambient and organic patches and expansions like Fluidity, Plurality, Ether Fields, VOKLM or all the Simon Stockhausen collections.

25 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Well, I just checked every Avenger expansion. Sadly for me, almost all of them are indeed dance oriented.
Lots of acid, disco, doorstep, drum & bass, hardstyle, hip hop, house, moonbahton, psy, rave, techno, trance, trap, tropical and whatever EDM genre you’d like. 
It’s obvious what Avenger’s main orientation is and I’m definitely not into that. 
Furthermore, the few non-dance Avenger expansions I could verify are clearly not on par with Falcon’s huge library of ambient and organic patches and expansions like Fluidity, Plurality, Ether Fields, VOKLM or all the Simon Stockhausen collections.

@Fleer - if you become familiar with Avenger, you can simply turn off the arps and suggested patterns. What you get then for each preset is a wonderful palette of well-curated sounds that work together to use as a starting point of a song with your own ideas and your own playing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lawajava said:

@Fleer - if you become familiar with Avenger, you can simply turn off the arps and suggested patterns. What you get then for each preset is a wonderful palette of well-curated sounds that work together to use as a starting point of a song with your own ideas and your own playing.

I appreciate that, lawa, but have a look at the presets and expansions list: https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins.php?sub=Vengeance Producer Suite Avenger 2&issue=EXPANSIONS

This synth and its devs are adamantly focusing on dance. It would be ill advised to add Vengeance to my palette, as it stands now, especially now I’m delving deeper and deeper in the Falcon behemoth. Its focus on ambient and organic is full-on my preference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Tbh dont get why one cant love both.

Absolutely awesome synths, you cant go wrong…

No reason at all not to love both. It is true that the developers have chosen to primarily focus on EDM itself when producing expansion packs but that is no reflection on the synth itself. There is nothing in Avenger that would make it inherently better for EDM and worse for Ambient, Cinematic or whatever. But if your primary motivation for buying a synth is its expansion packs and you are not into sound design, than you can safely avoid Avenger especially if the existing expansion pack don't meet your need.

• Like 2

What can I say. 

I’m a sound designer in my dreams but a preset pusher in real life. Even when I actually do sound design, I’ll start from a preset. That’s why I’m pretty happy with the new preset categories and templates in Falcon 3.0 (still pretty incredible that UVI never charged for updates or upgrades). 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

What can I say. 

I’m a sound designer in my dreams but a preset pusher in real life. Even when I actually do sound design, I’ll start from a preset. That’s why I’m pretty happy with the new preset categories and templates in Falcon 3.0 (still pretty incredible that UVI never charged for updates or upgrades). 

Incredible indeed, and they do add a ton of things and improvements on each update. UVI is awesome

• Like 2

It would be nice to have more "traditional" presets.  

Many instruments (hardware and software) are heavily populated with presets for EDM, House, Dub-Step, Trance, etc.

Nothing against those sounds... they're just not what I gravitate toward.

I just assume that (most likely) I'll have to program what I need.

Even with a more traditional hardware instrument like the Nord Stage 4, I have to program/tweak nearly everything (for live use with the band).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

It would be nice to have more "traditional" presets.  

Many instruments (hardware and software) are heavily populated with presets for EDM, House, Dub-Step, Trance, etc.

Nothing against those sounds... they're just not what I gravitate toward.

I just assume that (most likely) I'll have to program what I need.

Even with a more traditional hardware instrument like the Nord Stage 4, I have to program/tweak nearly everything (for live use with the band).

Waiting for an Electro 7. Should be incoming in a few months or so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Waiting for an Electro 7. Should be incoming in a few months or so. 

I'm assuming it'll have the new triple-sensor key-bed.

It's a nice improvement over the dual-sensor.

The 88-weighted key action is one of my favorites. 

One of the few weighted keyboards that doesn't get my tendonitis flared up.

• Like 1