502 Bad Gateway

Larry Jones

7 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

After a few hours of seeing this error when I tried to access the forum, I thought maybe the Big Day had arrived, and the next thing I would see here is the announcement that Sonar & Next are now available. But I guess it really was a bad gateway. Bad gateway!

Yes me too! Finally just got in. Well, new add page looks cool at least   🙂 

I think they were doing some maintenance as I finally got around to installing Next because I wanted to check out the separation tool. I got a message that the file would be processed by the server and then it said server was not available.  
Next is sort of a very very bare bones Cakewalk/Sonar.  
I don’t think any of us would last 2 minutes before running into a roadblock due to a missing feature that we depend on. 
But I can see it will be perfect for the punters who would never use those features anyway because it’s over their heads.
If you can’t figure Next out in 30 minutes you’re  on drugs. 
I like it in its own simple cute little way and if this separation tool works I will keep it installed.  
Oh and there’s a zillion people asking about prices and “Is this going to be free?” On that Discord chat box 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:43 AM, John Vere said:

If you can’t figure Next out in 30 minutes you’re  on drugs. 

All i needed to check for was how to insert effects. So, it took me 5 minutes to learn Next. As a song writer in EDM and HipHop i wouldnt use it as a main DAW - although its aimed towards EDM and Hiphop producers. 

Edited by Will.

2 hours ago, Keni said:

"Add page"?

What did I miss? I don’t see such...

Same time I was getting all the 502 Gateway errors for this forum I kept being pushed to a page that talked about Next and New Sonar-no prices that I saw-explained some features- had lots of graphics also. etc, etc.

Edited by Pathfinder

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Same time I was getting all the 502 Gateway errors for this forum I kept being pushed to a page that talked about Next and New Sonar-no prices that I saw-explained some features- had lots of graphics also. etc, etc.

Ah. Now I understand.

18 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

I started feeling forum withdrawal symptoms creeping in last night.  Feeling better now ..  

I was thinking along those lines as well...

I even tried some of the temporary forums setup during the Gibson dumping. Of course long closed down... I left a post of the Cakewalk Community page on Discord, but ...

12 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

I thought maybe the Big Day had arrived, and the next thing I would see here is the announcement that Sonar & Next are now available.

It seems more likely that KV331 will release Synthmaster 3 before then.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought the exact same thing that everyone has said.

This new version of Sonar must be some unbelievably great DAW with it taking this long.

I'm guessing AI has a lot to do with the wait.  AI can help the Bakers write code, help all of us mix better...so I'm kinda really excited to see what comes next with Sonar(pun intended!)... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, paulo said:

It seems more likely that KV331 will release Synthmaster 3 before then.......

Yeah, if Bandlab doesn't release the new product -- or at least some definite information -- soon, the money I've set aside to buy New Sonar will have to be spent on another DAW. There must be a way to do these things somewhere between Gibson's pulling the rug out without warning and Bandlab's (so far) 5-month tease.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Yeah, if Bandlab doesn't release the new product -- or at least some definite information -- soon, the money I've set aside to buy New Sonar will have to be spent on another DAW. There must be a way to do these things somewhere between Gibson's pulling the rug out without warning and Bandlab's (so far) 5-month tease.

Yeah, I have no plans to get it any time soon so I don't really care tbh. The half-baked announcement was a bit strange to me, but apparently marketing types believe that people like to be "teased" these days. People should stop listening to marketing types.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Jimbo 88 said:

I thought the exact same thing that everyone has said.

This new version of Sonar must be some unbelievably great DAW with it taking this long.

I'm guessing AI has a lot to do with the wait.  AI can help the Bakers write code, help all of us mix better...so I'm kinda really excited to see what comes next with Sonar(pun intended!)... 

We already KNOW what a great DAW it is!

...simply finding it's way back into the mainstream.

......but Ai, Ai, Ai!

It's all too much!

9 hours ago, Will. said:

As a song writer in EDM and HipHop i wouldnt use it as a main DAW although its aim towards EDM and Hiphop producers. 

I think I would reword that to “ It is aimed at Beginner EDM and HipHop producers”. 
It is the opposite of Cakewalk in that it is so uncluttered and stripped down it seems like if you had never used a DAW before then this will be a perfect choice to get you started. I’m not sure if anyone else has built such a streamlined DAW like this yet . 
Absolutely no hidden features. 
And I most certainly like that it has a lot of Cake ingredients baked in.  
But I’m off topic? Or am I. This happens when you shut down my daily distraction which is this forum. They should shut it down more often so I can make some progress 😬

Edited by John Vere

It's unfortunate.  I thought it would be out before the recent updates to Cubase, Logic, Studio One, Bitwig, Live and Mixcraft.  I'm sure it's the beta testing and not a decision of when to release it.  Unless it has some unique features or is priced competitively, it could be an uphill battle.

• Like 1