EastWest Composer Cloud 1-Year Subscription $149:

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The only sub worth the effort. 

You can get 1 year of Musio for $90 right now (3 months free).  Or buy the entire Musio catalog for life for $300. Both the Cinesamples & East West subs are insane.

EDIT: Musio is a bit of a beta test though. Finding quite a few bugs, but it's early days.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

You can get 1 year of Musio for $90 right now (3 months free).  Or buy the entire Musio catalog for life for $300. Both the Cinesamples & East West subs are insane.

EDIT: Musio is a bit of a beta test though. Finding quite a few bugs, but it's early days.

I was actually hoping that EastWest would have a $9.99/month sale for the composer cloud, perhaps in response to Musio. I would go for that. I don't quite get why they don't do it; as opposed to most mixing/mastering plugins, I'd hate to switch between large orchestral libraries/ecosystems. There would be a strong incentive to stick with a sub for years, making it a win-win. 

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

I was actually hoping that EastWest would have a $9.99/month sale for the composer cloud, perhaps in response to Musio. I would go for that. I don't quite get why they don't do it; as opposed to most mixing/mastering plugins, I'd hate to switch between large orchestral libraries/ecosystems. There would be a strong incentive to stick with a sub for years, making it a win-win. 

I think it's the size. Especially with the addition of Fantasy Orchestra - which is basically an entirely new 120GB orchestra library (including choir) outside of HOOPUS. I have both Musio & CC, but the East West catalog is just absolutely enormous by comparison. $150 already seems insane, considering how much content there is compared to Musio. For data / articulation / mic position comparison, Hollywood Orchestra (OPUS edition) alone is 4 times larger than the entire Musio catalog. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

I think it's the size. Especially with the addition of Fantasy Orchestra - which is basically an entirely new orchestra library outside of HOOPUS. I have both Musio & CC, but the East West catalog is just absolutely enormous by comparison. $150 already seems insane, considering how much content there is compared to Musio. For data / articulation / mic position comparison, Hollywood Orchestra alone is 4 times larger than the entire Musio catalog. 

Yeah, valid points. But even at $10 a month they'd make a pretty penny over multiple years. Also, this $150 offer is only for the first year, I think. They had something similar last year, and it wasn't renewing at that rate. 

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Do you miss some of the more advanced capabilities of the kontakt versions of those libraries?

Musio 1 is really appealing to me and i dont think i would miss them, just a hobbyist here, but curious about your opinion

2 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Musio 1 is really appealing to me and i dont think i would miss them, just a hobbyist here, but curious about your opinion

Musio 1 is just the 2023 instruments; it won't include next year's. That said, it's still a good deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, antler said:

Musio 1 is just the 2023 instruments; it won't include next year's. That said, it's still a good deal.

To clarify - it's 2023 and prior - so the entire Cinesamples catalog (Musio versions) including anything released in 2023. It's about 75 libraries in my app (all CineBrass, CineStrings, CineWinds, CinePerc, all pianos, keys, solo instruments, synths, choirs, etc.) 

10 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Do you miss some of the more advanced capabilities of the kontakt versions of those libraries?

Not so far. I own CineBrass Pro & Core and a few other libraries already, which I use heavily, but I haven't switched to the Musio versions of CineBrass yet. From what I understand it's less mic options, no keyswitching for some libraries & not as much customization, I just haven't compared yet. I don't generally use a lot of keyswitching (and don't really like how CineBrass is set up in Kontakt), and prefer microphone blend mixes, so liking the app so far. Also - they've added keyswitching patches to a few of the libraries. There seems to be keyswitching patches for all the CineOrchestra stuff that I've opened.

There is a Youtube review where the guy actually prefers the simplified versions of the instruments and explains why. Wish I could find that review again, it the one that convinced me to get it as we had a similar work flow (preferring single articulation patches, a lot of library blending, etc.)

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1