Any discount for original cakewalk owners?

Rickddd

I love Cakewalk, and appreciate what bandlab has done over these last years to make it even better.  Back in the day, before there was Bandlab, I bought cakewalk.  First the basic one, then upgraded to Studio, then upgraded to "Platinum".  I forget how much I paid but I believe  a full copy of Platinum was selling for something like $600. This was some 10 years ago.

I don't expect the bakers to give a copy away, but it would be a nice gesture if there was some consideration for people like myself who invested real dollars into the program for when the new Sonar comes out. Maybe a 10% discount or something like that.

Just a thought

Edited by Rickddd
  • Meh 3

It would be a nice gesture but what I think ( pure speculation) will happen.  
They will have different versions of Sonar that are priced accordingly with add ons available for more money.
Former Sonar customers won’t need the add ons so will only need to purchase the basic version.  At least I’m hoping for this or something similar.  

• Great Idea 1

Here we go again - yet another new thread rehashing the same old same old.  

1 hour ago, HOOK said:

image.png.ccdf50dff2f0c552a1029de46c174dc7.png

Yup!  Time to sit back and watch the reruns of the opinions, speculation, etc. Either that or time to move on and just wait until it's released.  Maybe explore something new? Bring up a new issue that hasn't been beaten to death?  😜 

BTW, if there is a loyalty discount, I hope it's based on seniority, with those of us who started with Cakewalk for MS-DOS getting a more sizeable discount than those who want special consideration for jumping on the bandwagon at the very end of the SONAR run. 

Maybe someone can compile links to all the existing threads where people speculate, opine, rant, suggest, plead, etc. about Cakewalk Sonar? 

• Like 3

Been with Cake since Pro 3.0 (midi, not Pro Audio)

If the structure is "tiered", I will buy the full package.
Why you ask?
Because I'm "invested", I tried 'em all when things went dark.
(I could use Reaper, IF I have to.)
I want Cake to succeed!
I'm lucky, I get that, its only money, and right now....
Hell, I'll probably "buy" Next, and never install or use it.
I know YMMV, just my nickel98.

t

• Like 2

I'm going to lock this thread just as this same convo has run its course on... numerous other threads, nothing personal @Rickddd. When all the pricing stuff is finalized, we'll let everybody know, but as of right now (and mentioned elsewhere) the current plans we have on deck should be agreeable with most people here. We can't say much beyond that, but we just ask that people be patient. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1