Plugin Alliance - New monthly voucher policy

Frank

Starting November 1, 2023, Plugin Alliance will make the following changes to the minimum spend of Monthly Loyalty vouchers:�

- $25 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $40

- $50 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $80

- $75 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $125

New exciting offers and releases are on their way to sweeten the end of your year. To make these fantastic deals possible, vouchers will be paused in November and December. These adjustments allow PA to continue offering new deals and benefits long term. Make sure to redeem your October vouchers before they expire on October 31, 11:59 PM PST.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

It’s better than before. Why improving them is lame?

I might be too tired to spot the sarcasm, but they're basically raising the minimum spend requirement (32 to 40, 75 to 80 and 99 to 125.) 

Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I might be too tired to spot the sarcasm, but they're basically raising the minimum spend requirement (32 to 40, 75 to 80 and 99 to 125.) 

Or am I missing something?

You are correct either the post was sarcasm or the deal got worse 

Good news is that sort of raises the value of what I have and less likely to feel the need to buy more.

The pop up store for me is the potential area of impact that may fall under that $40 point 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Starting November 1, 2023, Plugin Alliance will make the following changes to the minimum spend of Monthly Loyalty vouchers:�

- $25 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $40

- $50 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $80

- $75 vouchers will require a minimum spend of $125

So, no matter what you spend in October it means nothing come Nov 1.

Edited by Bapu

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

So, no matter what you spend in October it means nothing come Nov 1.

Correct, though the working theory is they apply a 12 month spend rule historically.  So Oct spend would in theory have relevance to what they send you next year and for how long.  

Just another sign the new owners just realized the market shifted in the post lockdown + suffering economy world.

Not here to vouch for PA… BUT, just a reminder that a little over a year ago $25 voucher minimum spend was $75+, so this is still seems a bit better of a situation for those single-plugin-deal snipers. Dirk’s generous goodbye bundle before he left I think did something significant to the hype of PA’s product, where Francisco partners are probably focusing on reestablishing perceived customer value slowly over time. Especially in light of the potentially hundreds of empty/fake accounts out there created just to add the bundled plugins for free & sold at a later date for pennies.

that said, that’s 100% hypothetical and I don’t know a thing about PA’s new ownership beyond the fact that they’ve been under new ownership for the last year. What I do know is I’ve focused a lot less on PA stuff since the company was bought out

IMG_9696.jpeg

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

Not here to vouch for PA… BUT, just a reminder that a little over a year ago $25 voucher minimum spend was $75+, so this is still seems a bit better of a situation for those single-plugin-deal snipers. Dirk’s generous goodbye bundle before he left I think did something significant to the hype of PA’s product, where Francisco partners are probably focusing on reestablishing perceived customer value slowly over time. Especially in light of the potentially hundreds of empty/fake accounts out there created just to add the bundled plugins for free & sold at a later date for pennies.

that said, that’s 100% hypothetical and I don’t know a thing about PA’s new ownership beyond the fact that they’ve been under new ownership for the last year. What I do know is I’ve focused a lot less on PA stuff since the company was bought out

IMG_9696.jpeg

We stopped buying them and got lower minimum spends back... Exactly what I plan on doing now. Ignore their sales if the new vouchers don't work out.. plenty of other developers and sales.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not saying it isn't lame, but at least for the $25 voucher, it was rare you could find anything in the $32-$40 range. So unless I am mistaken, with the current prices on the website, the effective minimum spend is already $40.

Over the past 3 years there have been an absurd amount of opportunities for $40 + $25 off voucher opportunities when you factor in the weekly discount codes they would send for specific products which could be stacked.  It is true that between the 32-40 range of things that you couldn't get for free (with a $20 no min spend gift code) were a bit more rare.  The problem is lots are $39.99 during those deals which wouldn't qualify - thus this is actually a major change.

4 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

IMG_9696.jpeg

That only lasted for maybe a couple months and then went right back down to the way it was for years.  They also did this due to a rather generous $50 bundle that was out and they didn't want to let anyone get it for $25.  So frankly it isn't a good example.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I believe I have 50 to 60 PA plugins at a median price of $4 or even less. 

PA best deal was to get the whole package for around $229 (after coupon) to get all their plugins so it came aroud $1-$2 a piece for all their 150+ plugins