Fortunately, I am not Bapu...

Rain

Thus begins the tedious process of downloading, installing, and authorizing all the plugins, virtual instruments, and libraries that were installed on my old Mac - and with it, the joy of having to try to remember and reset my credentials for each of the dozens of developers.

And then, to transfer all my custom presets, samples, and libraries…

Fortunately, I do not rely all that much on 3rd party plugins - or so I thought before I began. I've been out of that loop for so many years. A lot of stuff I didn't remember I own.  I realized that I was a version or two behind for some things that will no longer install, like EZ Drummer. Although SD2 installed just fine, so the upgrade can definitely wait.

I dread the Waves part - I have a feeling that that's where trouble will come from. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm not sure about Pro Tools either. I USED to have a perpetual license, but that version must be incompatible with my machine... Not that I ever use PT all that much.

I used to curse the fact that software companies forced you to install a manager to  download and install your plugins, but I must say that in view of this daunting task, I am now extraordinarily grateful for them. The user experience has improved dramatically. 

I’m still not over the fact that I've had to say farewell to Dimension/Rapture/Z3t4 - they were an integral part of my workflow for almost 20 years, featured in practically every single bit of music that I wrote and arranged during that period.

Imagine having even just a tenth as many plugins and libraries as Bapu - the logistics of reinstalling all of that...

fb1.jpg.d937f92f276c1cf5d94244e6950d2d9a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

@Rain I was just on the cusp of forgetting the last install from the ground up I did. Thanks for the memories?

When and if I go to Win 11 I've decided to do that once more. Probably sometime in 2024. 

Wait... Bapu doesn't go to 11??? 🤔

😜

If the Bapu had one dollar for every plugin he's ever bought, can you imagine how many more plugins he could buy (admitting that there were anymore to buy)?

CP1tQguUwAE7K5Y.thumb.jpg.689a4835f0aec35b0b37ad394ad687b2.jpg

I'm lucky that I've been out of the loop for so long. As I expected,  a lot of the software would need a paid upgrade in order for me to be able to run it on a new machine so I couldn't even install it - Waves, XLN, Pro Tools among others. That's a headache for another time, if I decide to go that way.

I'm guessing it'll be the case with older IK stuff like Miroslav and SampleMoog and all. Not that I used them a lot, but, still... And I just don't have the energy to look up and retrieve all the single plug-ins that weren't part of a bundle.

I think I had a MixBus license too, I wonder what version, and if there's any upgrade available. A back up DAW is always nice, and I seem to recall that they always have great deals on upgrades.

XLN helpdesk is defenitely AWESOME (helped me on Windows 7 related installer error last week)

IK Amplitube went flawless, for reinstalling old free Sampletank stuff I would pay 9.95.

All my 10 ? y/o stuff working yay !

Native Instruments helpdesk guided me to a legacy installer, Guitar Rig5 working.

They all have new nice free stuff too in the installers !

Maybe your Dimensions Pro, Rapture, Zeta....if they show in your Bandlab account you'd be fine I guess.

Give contacting them a try I'd say.

Dimensions/Rapture didn't install with my old serialnos/authorisation codes.

But I didn't reach to Bandlab as have tons synths anyway.

Edited by Sheens

23 minutes ago, craigb said:

ImBapu.jpg

So you're saying that Bapu is a collective, like the Borg? 

Man, I wish I had Photoshop and some basic skills, I have a few ideas for Memes ;) 

Think he's acquainted with Seven of Nine? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheens said:

XLN helpdesk is defenitely AWESOME (helped me on Windows 7 related installer error last week)

IK Amplitube went flawless, for reinstalling old free Sampletank stuff I would pay 9.95.

All my 10 ? y/o stuff working yay !

Native Instruments helpdesk guided me to a legacy installer, Guitar Rig5 working.

They all have new nice free stuff too in the installers !

Maybe your Dimensions Pro, Rapture, Zeta....if they show in your Bandlab account you'd be fine I guess.

Give contacting them a try I'd say.

Dimensions/Rapture didn't install with my old serialnos/authorisation codes.

But I didn't reach to Bandlab as have tons synths anyway.

Thanks for the idea. I guess I'll look into that option during round 2 or 3.