Crazy price! 80% OFF Nashville Scoring Strings by Audio Ollie $59.80

Yan Filiatrault

This developer seems really talented. I've read (I've never heard anything first hand) that this is a really beautiful sounding library from owners, and I agree,  there's been some criticism that the workflow could be better and I've noticed a number of folks at VI-CONTROL have commented that it's not an ideal library if you're just getting started, but I don't recall seeing anyone articulate why; I'm guessing it's a combination of the library not having a great deal of articulations and the workflow. In any event, at this price, I think a lot of objections people have become less significant. I don't recall anyone who's posted they own this and they don't think it sounds great or that they regret their purchase, which I think is noteworthy. 

I only wish it was solo strings, because that's a better fit for the music I do. But considering the sound of this library and the sale price, it's still very tempting for me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

From what I've read on VI-CONTROL, people don't seem to like that each articulation can't be triggered by keyswitches - each articulation is separate.  But all the reviews I've read seem to love the sound.  It's a really nice price and I'm very tempted.  

I’m more into sound than keyswitches :)

(Edith: you meant keys-witches, I know)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

From what I've read on VI-CONTROL, people don't seem to like that each articulation can't be triggered by keyswitches - each articulation is separate.  But all the reviews I've read seem to love the sound.  It's a really nice price and I'm very tempted.  

Thanks, Jeff. Man, I think is triggering our GAS and FOMO instincts. Again, if this was solo strings, I would be posting that I've just bought it. As  it stands, I really don't have much use for it -- but that doesn't stop it from tempting me, given the price! 

• Like 1

I got slight gas simply because of the price (or maybe the beans I ate?), but I don't think I really need another string set. Someone talk me out of it. Does this do something that some other libraries don't or won't (Cinesamples. Eastwest, 8dio etc)?

14 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I got slight gas simply because of the price (or maybe the beans I ate?), but I don't think I really need another string set. Someone talk me out of it. Does this do something that some other libraries don't or won't (Cinesamples. Eastwest, 8dio etc)?

Based on this it doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTP said:

Based on this it doesn't.

Thanks for sharing that, @BTP. I didn't recall that Cory made something on the library, but watching it, like everything I've seen from Cory, that was really useful. Darn, that makes me want this library! It sounds really beautiful in that video and the song Cory wrote/played at the end is really lovely. 

3 hours ago, Kirean said:

Yes! It makes you work really hard!

The workflow is a beast. Sound is great, but using the library is not fun.

32 minutes ago, CraigInNZ said:

Yes! It makes you work really hard!

The workflow is a beast. Sound is great, but using the library is not fun.

Thanks. Might be just enough to resist the urge. I still need to get a hang of the other libraries I have, so this might a case of 'pearls to the swine'...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

That's the way libraries use to function.  There are people who still prefer it this way.