VST Buzz Week 41 Deals!

cclarry

4% off "BlueBeast 2" by Gospel Musicians (€65)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/54-off-the-bluebeast-2-by-gospel-musicians/

66% off "Distiller" by Diginoiz (€19)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/66-off-distiller-by-diginoiz/

80% off "Project Chaos" by Hybrid Two (€47)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/80-off-project-chaos-by-hybrid-two/

80% off "AX73 Sample Library" by Martinic (€29)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/80-off-ax73-sample-library-by-martinic/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I love how consistently bad these are so I never have to buy anything.

Even though it's not my style, I really do respect how brutally honest you are in sharing your opinions, jngnz. It takes guts and I think it can inspire others to be more open when they find a library or plugin doesn't hit the mark. Plus, I find you hilarious. 

If you did the same thing against one of the developers at VI Control with a personality cult and sycophants you'd be attacked. But in this community, you can share largely without that concern. A completely different vibe, I would attribute to the absence of pro composers and developers that attract wannabes as well as the ownership of this forum not being financially supported by developers. which is also a major factor. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

12 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Even though it's not my style, I really do respect how brutally honest you are in sharing your opinions, jngnz. It takes guts and I think it can inspire others to be more open when they find a library or plugin doesn't hit the mark. Plus, I find you hilarious. 

If you did the same thing against one of the developers at VI Control with a personality cult and sycophants you'd be attacked. But in this community, you can share largely without that concern. A completely different vibe, I would attribute to the absence of pro composers and developers that attract wannabes as well as the ownership of this forum not being financially supported by developers. which is also a major factor. 

You're telling us we're not pro composers? All right then, I'll wait next week for the release of my first ever single to change that lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

You're telling us we're not pro composers? All right then, I'll wait next week for the release of my first ever single to change that lol

DISCLOSURE: I'm actually Thom Yorke using a pseudonym and linking to really poorly performed and sung music to throw people off track. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Same here since many of us hoard.   There is another person on this forum that is very good at that.   Then there are fan boys which I ignore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

I love how consistently bad these are so I never have to buy anything.

They aren't all bad. I have bought a couple of UJAM instruments, Melda plugins and Ben Osterhouse instruments over the years from VSTBuzz. Ya gotta dig through the dirt to find the gems but sometimes it is worth it. The Melda plugins alone helped get me MComplete at a fraction of the cost. 

Just because they are not your cup of tea does not make them bad.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

They aren't all bad. I have bought a couple of UJAM instruments, Melda plugins and Ben Osterhouse instruments over the years from VSTBuzz. Ya gotta dig through the dirt to find the gems but sometimes it is worth it. The Melda plugins alone helped get me MComplete at a fraction of the cost. 

Just because they are not your cup of tea does not make them bad.

Yeah, I agree that Osterhouse stuff is really good and UJAM and Medla is in no way bad (even though I'm not crazy about either developer for different reasons). But I just dig that jngnz shares his honest opinions. I don't think we need to agree with someone's opinions to respect them for having the guts to share opinions that may ruffle feathers. I mean, I love Ben Osterhouse's libraries, even if jngnz doesn't, I respect that he'll share that, because I believe it's his honest opinion. It takes zero guts to say a library or plugin is awesome and many people will do it if they see others do it. But if you go against popular opinion or if you're over at VI-Control and you criticize a developer who pays to post there or share a really negative experience, there is a real possibility they sycophants will bring out the pitchforks and torches, or Mike Greene will even delete the post. So, all of that creates an atmosphere that is not receptive to the sharing of honest opinions when they're not positive -- especially if they're decidedly negative. Granted, there are people that are always negative as a personality trait. I don't think that's the case with jngnz. There's plenty of stuff he likes. But when he doesn't like something, there's no filter and while I'm way more polite, I love the fact that he states his sincere views with no fears or concerns. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

@PavlovsCat, I have no problem with people stating their negative opinions, especially if they state why they don't like something, or find something deficient. That benefits everyone because it provides alternative points of view to help people decide if a product is for them and if they can live with or don't care about the deficiencies. What I object to are blanket statements with nothing backing them up. Maybe jngnz was trying to be funny, and my humour detector is broken today, but to me there is a big difference between "I love how consistently bad these are so I never have to buy anything." and "I love how I never find anything on VSTBuzz that appeals to me so I never have to buy anything". 

I read jngnz's statement as purporting to be a statement of fact, not opinion, so I provided a counterpoint. I guess I need to learn that all statements on this forum are opinions and should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

@PavlovsCat, I have no problem with people stating their negative opinions, especially if they state why they don't like something, or find something deficient. That benefits everyone because it provides alternative points of view to help people decide if a product is for them and if they can live with or don't care about the deficiencies. What I object to are blanket statements with nothing backing them up. Maybe jngnz was trying to be funny, and my humour detector is broken today, but to me there is a big difference between "I love how consistently bad these are so I never have to buy anything." and "I love how I never find anything on VSTBuzz that appeals to me so I never have to buy anything". 

I read jngnz's statement as purporting to be a statement of fact, not opinion, so I provided a counterpoint. I guess I need to learn that all statements on this forum are opinions and should be taken with a grain of salt.

He was clearly stating his opinion. I'm not sure how one might think otherwise.  And  he definitely packs a lot of sarcasm into points. While I'm  not inclined to express myself in the same way online (but do with friends and family IRL),  I am just impressed that he's fearless in stating his opinions because while I'm not looking for a world where everyone is that savage,  I respect that it takes guts to put out your opinion so boldly, especially when it's not a positive opinion, as it can be very poorly received by fanboys and developers. 

But unless we're talking about specs, saying we find something good or bad is purely in the realm of subjective opinion.  I largely agree with jngnz's opinion that most of what VST Buzz sells is not what I'd consider good. But that's my opinion and you may disagree, and that's perfectly fine. I just respect when people have the guts to share an opinion that likely won't be well received. I even take it as far as having a small social media group where I regularly share my opinions and views that I know most will disagree with. I share them because I greatly value intellectual curiosity, and diversity and wish that more people in our society -- especially in the US in the current era where polarization is prevalent even beyond politics whether it's entertainment, beer, you name it -- I prefer greater respect for the diversity of thought and people trying to understand those who  have different perspectives rather than resort to intolerance, extremism,  retreating to corners and tribalism. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

He was clearly stating his opinion. I'm not sure how one might think otherwise. 

Guess my opinion and sarcasm detectors are malfunctioning today as well. I obviously did think otherwise. 

I do agree with you that alternative viewpoints are important. And thus I gave an alternative viewpoint to jngnz. I hope you can respect that. I also hope I am not one who retreats to corners and tribalism. I truly have no time for people who live in echo chambers.

43 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Guess my opinion and sarcasm detectors are malfunctioning today as well. I obviously did think otherwise. 

I do agree with you that alternative viewpoints are important. And thus I gave an alternative viewpoint to jngnz. I hope you can respect that. I also hope I am not one who retreats to corners and tribalism. I truly have no time for people who live in echo chambers.

Yep, I  do respect your opinion  and shared earlier that I agree with you that Ben Osterhouse and UJAM are not in the bad category and it's nice to see we share a perspective on an appreciation for intellectual diversity (it just occurred to me that you might have thought I was referring to you with my comments on corners and tribalism,  I 100% wasn't; I was thinking of Americans engaged in culture wars, especially on social media as well as the culture at VI-CONTROL  in contrast to this section of the forum). 

We don't have to have the same opinions to respect and even be kind to one another. I wish more people in the world could come to that conclusion. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zo said:

MArtinic does solid stuff 

Maybe, but the Martinic AX73 that they sell at VST Buzz isn't the original plugin but just a Kontakt library with a measly selection of 32 presets sampled from the VST. The original VST offers 1,000 presets. And the original is an actual soft synth. This is basically just a rompler, larger size, less possibilities in sound design, way less presets. Hard pass.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, Doug Rintoul said:

I don’t usually get involved in discussion on here because it’s a waste of time trying to change anyone’s opinion and it’s very unlikely anyone changes my opinion about anything because I'm extremely confident in them.

Also, it is much funnier to me to drop a half-exaggerated one-liner and move on. See it as a negative equivalent to the numerous mindless „I love <plugin/developer>“ comments in every thread that are being tolerated because they're obviously harmless.

Two of the worst things about this society are people not being able to express their opinion without explicitly stating it's an opinion and every negative opinion being seen as harmful.

Profusely dumb mindsets like “good vibes only“ and „if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all“ (please read in a mocking tone) are much more harmful to society than any negative (non-radical, non-hateful) opinion could ever be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

I don’t usually get involved in discussion on here because it’s a waste of time trying to change anyone’s opinion and it’s very unlikely anyone changes my opinion about anything because I'm extremely confident in them.

Also, it is much funnier to me to drop a half-exaggerated one-liner and move on. See it as a negative equivalent to the numerous mindless „I love <plugin/developer>“ comments in every thread that are being tolerated because they're obviously harmless.

Two of the worst things about this society are people not being able to express their opinion without explicitly stating it's an opinion and every negative opinion being seen as harmful.

Profusely dumb mindsets like “good vibes only“ and „if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all“ (please read in a mocking tone) are much more harmful to society than any negative (non-radical, non-hateful) opinion could ever be.

I think this forum is a very special place where people are intelligent enough to have an actual discussion about different topics and put some thought into their posts. There are forums where every post is knee-jerk reaction filled with with whatever brown nuggets float on to the surface of the mind, and those places become very quickly echo chambers where dissidents are downvoted or kicked out. And not just only for positive stuff. For example, I remember being downvoted to heck on one forum for daring to say that during a war civilian deaths can be a much bigger tragedy than death of soldiers.

As long as we stay civilized, we will see different opinions as richness and something to be appreciated and desired even. In that kind of environment, we can handle a few people who are often somewhat blunt with their words.

And as we learn the online persona of the people here, we start to give them some leeway: "Oh, that's just Fleer, he likes everything except WUP", "Oh, that's just jngnz, he's permanently grumpy", "Oh, that's just PavlovsCat, he is our resident consultant" etc.

(Of course, being rude to other members is where I draw the line, unless it's a case of mutual consent. Sorry if I was.)

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pseudopop said:

I think this forum is a very special place where people are intelligent enough to have an actual discussion about different topics and put some thought into their posts. There are forums where every post is knee-jerk reaction filled with with whatever brown nuggets float on to the surface of the mind, and those places become very quickly echo chambers where dissidents are downvoted or kicked out. And not just only for positive stuff. For example, I remember being downvoted to heck on one forum for daring to say that during a war civilian deaths can be a much bigger tragedy than death of soldiers.

As long as we stay civilized, we will see different opinions as richness and something to be appreciated and desired even. In that kind of environment, we can handle a few people who are often somewhat blunt with their words.

And as we learn the online persona of the people here, we start to give them some leeway: "Oh, that's just Fleer, he likes everything except WUP", "Oh, that's just jngnz, he's permanently grumpy", "Oh, that's just PavlovsCat, he is our resident consultant" etc.

(Of course, being rude to other members is where I draw the line, unless it's a case of mutual consent. Sorry if I was.)

Fair deuce. I'm never rude to other members. Just products. 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

Noted. 

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

I can think of many worse things (or was that hyperbole?). We live in a multicultural world where even people who even speak the same language will interpret the same phrase differently based on their cultural backgrounds and values. But now that I know where you are coming from, it will help to read your posts in a different light.

I do agree that it is stupid to think that every negative opinion is harmful. We need/I need those contrary opinions.  I am also confident in my opinions but I don't hold on to them so tightly that they can't be changed.

I am sorry now for my "statement of fact" post. I obviously misread you. In the end, all I really wanted to say was that I found value in some of VSTBuzz's offerings where you found none. Let's leave it a that.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 4