(Not a deal) NI Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 is dead

記念パピコ

from NativeInstruments

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know we will be ending software support for MK1 of the Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboard controller on October 12, 2023. 

Starting with the upcoming release of Komplete Kontrol 3.0, future NI software releases will no longer be compatible with the MK1. Please do not attempt an update to version 3.0when it is released on October 12.

You will still be able to use your MK1 keyboard with Komplete Kontrol 2.9 (or lower), which includes Apple Silicon and VST3 support. However, we will no longer maintain older versions of Komplete Kontrol and cannot guarantee they will be supported by future versions of your computer’s operating system.

We occasionally need to retire older products like the MK1 in order to focus our resources and development efforts on building new, innovative products and features. In this case, our decision comes alongside the launch of our new MK3 keyboards. With MK3, we are introducing next-generation software with many new features that require significant team resources. This means we are not able to continue working to maintain older versions.

We would like to thank you for your long-lasting commitment to Native Instruments and our Komplete Kontrol keyboards. Below, you’ll find a list of FAQs with detailed information on this change. If you have any further questions, please reach out to Native Instruments Customer Care for assistance.

Your team at NI

• Sad 4

I have a Mk2 but this is really concerning.

I would understand in new versions of komplete software not being able to use all the new features, but to not be compatible at all it is really  messed up. 
The release date of those keyboards was only 9 years ago.

• Like 2

This is a stark reminder NOT to invest in NI hardware if you’re in it for the long haul. Unlike other companies, NI are too lazy too maintain drivers for their HW(not to mention, they’re too lazy to maintain/update certain VSTs as well).

Anyone remember NI Kore 2??? Loved that usb device and software to control all my plugins. Just another great NI product that became a door-stopper/paperweight =/

Want to invest in a company that maintains/updates drivers for all their HW? Korg is one of my faves. I have a KONTROL49 from ages ago that works amazing. To this day, the drivers are constantly updated and the device works perfect. That’s quality.

• Like 4

Hi im member of kore 1 wich was with soundcard inside 🙂 its was premachine mk1 little gem :)

but to be fair i have now machine studio for long time and works still as new same with komple kontrol s25- due fact that no normal reason to stop support S1 series  support / ex owner machine mk1,mk2 / mk1 has now my friend but it not work on mac os newest

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kreveta Puket said:

Hi im member of kore 1 wich was with soundcard inside 🙂 its was premachine mk1 little gem :)

Yeah, Kore 1 and Kore 2 were essentially the same thing. Slight differences but amazing products!

It boggles my mind why NI got rid of them.  I remember there was an uproar amongst Kore owners when NI stopped supporting it. Owners had important Kore sound packs that they paid for… but they couldn't use them any more.  Not one of NI’s best moves.

Lesson learned from this: It’s only a matter of time until your NI hardware isn’t supported any more which makes it unusable.  It would seem that NI are in the business of making door-stoppers and paperweights.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kinen_papico said:

Kore、GitarRigPedal、Maschine MK1、TraktorAIFなど、NIからの多くのものを中止してきました。何も学ばない自分はバカだと思う。

IMG_1202.jpeg

Dang, I miss my KORE soundpacks.

NI makes some of the best HW and SW, but sometimes they just end up not supporting them any more. Too lazy to update their software/drivers, they want you to spend money on their latest gear =/

Money rules, customers drool 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

from NI  2016

Dear customers

We have conducted close operation verification in collaboration with Apple, and we are pleased to announce that we have confirmed compatibility with our current hardware devices and macOS Sierra.

However, the following devices that are no longer in production will not be compatible with macOS Sierra or future macOS releases.

TRAKTOR:
1st generation TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 and TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
TRAKTOR AUDIO 8 DJ
TRAKTOR AUDIO 4 DJ
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 DJ

KOMPLETE:
AUDIO KONTROL 1
GUITAR RIG MOBILE I/O
GUITAR RIG SESSION I/O
RIG KONTROL 2
RIG KONTROL 3
KORE Controller
KORE 2 Controller

MASCHINE hardware (all products) works flawlessly.

If you have any of the above devices, we recommend that you continue using your current OSX version. Please note that we cannot guarantee stable operation or compatibility of your device if you update to macOS Sierra or later versions.

Please read our knowledge base for more information.

Thank you for your continued support.

From the Native Instruments team

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

This is no good. My Mk1 hasn’t even been unboxed yet!

And now on YT, here's Fleer with an unboxing video for his NI S series controller... 

...carefully slits packaging tape with a craft knife to reveal...... a pile of  grey dust.

" I told you it would go off if you didn't use it" - Edith.

• Haha 5

F....k

i more and more thinking about getting away from NI , this was the ice on the cake ... they make a 25 keys , two version later still no 25 keys and then just a middle finger ....

practical question : how to get old version if someone runs the center for the first time ( new install or next owner ) ?

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2