AudioDeluxe 13th Anniversary Sale

Kiloteq

I got the serial for TAL-J-8 within minutes, but I jumped on that order so damn fast, just in case the changed it!

They've pulled them from the store now entirely.. hopefully they're just sorting out more serials and they put them back at the same price again.

• Like 2

One thing that I hate about the audio software industry is that you can never tell a really good deal from a price error. When something is very cheap but you don't instantly get the license, there's always this fear that it was an error and you won't get it in the end.

I've never experienced that anywhere else. Only audio software.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

One thing that I hate about the audio software industry is that you can never tell a really good deal from a price error. When something is very cheap but you don't instantly get the license, there's always this fear that it was an error and you won't get it in the end.

I've never experienced that anywhere else. Only audio software.

But AFAIK this is more a kind of a new "feature" of the audio software industry. I can't remember something like this happening 10 years ago! Hell, I like the modern times! 😅

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

What I imagine how it went:

AudioDeluxe: "Yo, TAL, it's my 13th anniversary, can you give me a discount to celebrate it?"

TAL: "Sure, how about 13% because it's the 13th anniversary"

Hours later:

TAL: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! I meant 13% OFF!"

Or they haven't talked to each other at all. Which is more likely. 

6 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Or they haven't talked to each other at all. Which is more likely. 

It's basically that it seems from what I read..

Just a bit of an distributor insight (we distribute TAL to our reseller network), Patrick didn't give us a heads up about this deal so we were sorely understocked with digital codes. So our resellers have people buying this but are unable to fulfil them because they themselves don't have enough digital codes. 

Since Patrick is is another timezone, we've been trying to contact him but he's a bit elusive since he only answers via email and doesn't list his phone. 

Eventually the whole thing will be resolved and everyone will get their digital codes but its left a bitter taste in a few resellers and they've decided to remove TAL from their store entirely to avoid messes like this again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiloteq said:

I guess I missed out again, just like I did with u-he.
I learned again the importance of rushing to jump on a sale. lol

Sometimes it really does pay to jump quickly! The Native Instruments one was a genuine pricing mistake, so that was never coming back once they realised.

This one seems like lack of preparation and not anticipating the volumes and then compounded by them not being able to resolve it quickly, but there is still a slight chance they may add it back 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Sometimes it really does pay to jump quickly! The Native Instruments one was a genuine pricing mistake, so that was never coming back once they realised.

This one seems like lack of preparation and not anticipating the volumes and then compounded by them not being able to resolve it quickly, but there is still a slight chance they may add it back 🙂

I often believe the last day of the sale and miss it while I'm checking.
I again want to avoid the case that the store is out of stock and I will not be able to make the purchase in time.

Then I take a chance on that slight chance of being added and start researching again to see if I need it. lol

Edited by Kiloteq

On 10/7/2023 at 11:11 AM, Kiloteq said:

I often believe the last day of the sale and miss it while I'm checking.
I again want to avoid the case that the store is out of stock and I will not be able to make the purchase in time.

Then I take a chance on that slight chance of being added and start researching again to see if I need it. lol

For me it often comes down to how much of a good/rare discount it is and over time you get better at spotting those prices that look exceptionally cheap for quality developers and you haven't seen them that low before.

Those ones I try and strike fast! Even then I've missed out on quite a few just in that window in the buying process.

The TAL-J-8 was an instabuy so I snatched that one and started giving TAL-Drum a demo. I've got plenty of drum machines and heaps of samples, so I thought I'd check it out just in case it blew me away and make a second order.

It didn't, so I slept on it, but had thought I might grab it anyway, but then I saw they were gone.

There's no right or wrong.. sometimes you might jump fast and not demo and end up with a great price for something you don't like. Other times you'll give it a quick demo and miss out.

But realistically most of us aren't going to miss any of these things hugely in years to come. We probably more miss getting them at a steal of a price and have plenty of alternatives to use anyway, so I wouldn't too much 🙂

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

But realistically most of us aren't going to miss any of these things hugely in years to come. We probably more miss getting them at a steal of a price and have plenty of alternatives to use anyway, so I wouldn't too much 🙂

I, for one, mostly regret not getting something for cheap rather than not getting it at all. I have all the plugins and VIs I need to create great sounding music.

Still waiting for that killer deal on talent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MusicMan said:

For me it often comes down to how much of a good/rare discount it is and over time you get better at spotting those prices that look exceptionally cheap for quality developers and you haven't seen them that low before.

Those ones I try and strike fast! Even then I've missed out on quite a few just in that window in the buying process.

If I miss a purchase, I will try to switch to the fact that I have time to look it up.
Believe me, doing so will keep my mental wish list tidy.😉