Native Access Updated to 3.6.2

cclarry

37 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Same here. Win11 Pro. I also just tried running it as Admin. That didn't help. And why oh why did N.A. give me two fail messages and two update-on-restart messages. Sigh.

I got the same...maybe it has a "retry" if it fails the first time...IDK

ditto....took about 4 attempts.

The release notes for 3.6.2 specifically say that this update is to fix this multiple installation error.

I dunno what is going on at NI HQ but Native Access V2 is turning into a bigger and bigger mess with every release -  running all kinds of buggy background services.

NA v1 worked great for so many years as well.....sigh

When Izotope (and PA?) migrate over to this it's going to be even worse I suspect.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

21 minutes ago, simon said:

I dunno what is going on at NI HQ but Native Access V2 is turning into a bigger and bigger mess with every release -  running all kinds of buggy background services.

100% this.  It's astounding how far NI have fallen.  They can't even get this figured out.  What hope is there of them releasing another groundbreaking synth?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, simon said:

NA v1 worked great for so many years as well.....sigh

I'm still running Native Access 1.14.1 on Windows 10. After having had multiple problems with NA2 when it was first released, I decided to roll back. I have never looked back. Besides, version 1.14.1 never forces me to update, probably because it’s the only version that still supports Windows 7 and 8. I have K14U installed and there haven’t been any problems with installation and updates using v 1.14.1.

As far as I know, the main differences are better search and filter functionality in later versions, as well as support for Komplete Now subscriptions. As if I cared.

Not saying that you should, but you can, at your own peril: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4748946468497

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

I'm still running Native Access 1.14.1 on Windows 10. After having had multiple problems with NA2 when it was first released, I decided to roll back. I have never looked back. Besides, version 1.14.1 never forces me to update, probably because it’s the only version that still supports Windows 7 and 8. I have K14U installed and there haven’t been any problems with installation and updates using v 1.14.1.

As far as I know, the main differences are better search and filter functionality in later versions, as well as support for Komplete Now subscriptions. As if I cared.

Not saying that you should, but you can, at your own peril: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4748946468497

Thanks for the advice - reinstalled Native Access 1 and can't believe how quick it is. I'm tired of waiting for NA 2 to start (10 mins at least.). I've also reverted to KONTAKT 6 as 7 is so slow starting up. I call it the enthusiasm killer. Maybe i'll miss out on something but i've gained back so many missing minutes of my life!