Sonuscore A New Way Of Scoring. Coming soon...

cclarry

3 hours ago, antler said:

Interesting... Maybe it's a flavour of The Orchestra/Elysion but with world instruments?

That sounds like a very good guess.  A separate library like Elysion or Dark Horizon, using the interface of The Orchestra, but dedicated to World Instruments.  Sonuscore has a lot of world instruments  sampled and ready to go from their Origins series.  

Ugh!  I'm trying not to spend money, but this sounds right up my alley.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

That sounds like a very good guess.  A separate library like Elysion or Dark Horizon, using the interface of The Orchestra, but dedicated to World Instruments.  Sonuscore has a lot of world instruments  sampled and ready to go from their Origins series.  

Ugh!  I'm trying not to spend money, but this sounds right up my alley.  

If you're trying not to spend money, this forum is a terrible place to visit. 

FTR, I'm not judging -- I'm in the same situation. 

• Like 4

After reading a thread on VI:Control (where some thought it would be a new version of The Orchestrator or AI)  I re-read the description and changed my mind.  This is what I wrote there:

I don't think it's going to be The Orchestrator. I think it's going to be an expandable version of Sonuscore's The Orchestra. From what they are teasing, I think this is about combining orchestral sounds with a wide variety of other sounds, creating new kinds of hybrid presets.

Now that they have added modules to the original Orchestrator for Strings, Brass and Woods, they are looking to add more stuff. I think they will add separate modules (probably at $149 each). Each of these will be available separately, but when incorporated into The Orchestra there will be presets that combine all the Orchestral instruments with the sounds in this new module.

World Instruments - They'll use the library of sounds from the Origins series, but probably a lot more, like flutes and percussion.

Synths - This could be a real synth, with presets that work with the Orchestral presets, but my guess it will be sampled, so they would have the ability to have any kind of synthesizer sound to blend with everything else.

Band - A rock band, with guitars, bass, keyboards, and drums? Or maybe a jazz band? There are lots of possibilities suggested by the word "band."

As these are added, the price of The Orchestra is going to go up and up.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just music that makes the cash fly away.  I just pre-ordered the pricey new Quest 3 512 GB VR headset.  When it comes Wednesday, I'm going to have to buy a lot of new accessories, as the old ones reportedly don't fit it. 

I'm going to buy the NI Ukulele.  Definitely going to download a  trial of Musio 1.  If I do buy that, I'll need a new SSD.

Sonuscore in October.   I generally love their stuff.  Pretty much everything they've come out with. 

Then on to Black Friday and the holiday sales!  😟

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So... With a click of a button this tool does all the creative thinking for you when you want to compose create churn out music?

I don't mean to sound dismissive or elitist, but from purely watching the videos this seems to take all the fun out of composing music. Like a step closer to having an AI compose the music for you.