2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

On 12/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, ReinsPhoenix said:

How do I access sonar?

Unfortunately the public BETA is now limited to anyone new. There was an announcement made with an invitation to apply to join the public BETA team.

Now we just have wait until it is released. 

Details of the products can be found here Cakewalk.com.

Edited by Wookiee
New information made available
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Unfortunately the public BETA is now closed to anyone new. There was an announcement made with an invitation to apply to join the public BETA team.

Now we just have wait until it is released. 

Details of the products can be found here Cakewalk.com.

You actually can submit an application for it still, which won't guarantee that you'll be admitted as there's a lot of applicants, but it's not fully closed off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are now a few months i cannot use CbB any more! since last update i'm still unable to activate cakewalk. sign-in from *Cb*B doesn't work for me. I've try so many things uninstall/reinstall, create new account, many solution proposed by CbB support team.... nothing is working.

New activation system just doesn't work for me and alway return "error code one: invalid grant". My computer is not really old and dedicated to daw usage (core i5 8500, 16 Go, windows 10, full updated).

I'm afraid i'll have to go to another DAW, and that's a pity, because i like a lot Cakewalk!

The only thing i didn't try is migrate to windows 11. do you think i should try this? i'm not very confident with win 11 for DAW usage and old drivers compatibility (korg triton taktile, Maudio venom...)

Edited by flangad
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Hello everyone, while the beta version or something like that doesn't come out, as I already said here, I started using REAPER and I've been impressed with the arsenal it has...I will not post the link here to avoid reprimands from the moderators of this group...

Nobody's gonna reprimand you for sharing this.

However, this particular thread is specifically for feedback on the current release and it's to everyone's benefit that we all try to stay on topic. 

I know, it may sound punitive, but I'd suggest the Coffee House as a better destination for posts like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@flangad  Not sure why you’re having the trouble you are having. Have you managed to log in to Bandlab?  That is the critical item. There’s no point re installing anything you just need to log in to Bandlab. 
I just redid a computer and the steps I took were. very basic.
Downloaded Cakewalk and installed it. 
Done. 

I also had just updated to the latest version on a older Windows 7 laptop that had not been used for a few months. 
When I opened Cakewalk it said an update was available as well as I needed to activate it. 
I installed the update and it still needed activation.
I used the help menu and it opened the sign in to Bandlab. So I did and it said I was now activated. 

Cakewalk runs the same on W7, 8.5,10 and 11. Don’t update to 11 if you don’t need to. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Melodyne Region - This is new to me. When i made a melodyne region the daw silence all audio.
Tip to solution ?

Do you have Melodyne installed?

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Do you have Melodyne installed?

Yes. 

I think that is a plugin problem into this project. Because if i turn off all plugins is working. I need going isolate the plugins one-by-one to identify the problematic.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

Yes. 

I think that is a plugin problem into this project. Because if i turn off all plugins is working. I need going isolate the plugins one-by-one to identify the problematic.

Melodyne is a special case as it was the original reason for ARA being added to CbB.. You'd know if you installed it as it’s a more unique install.

Sonar came bundled with a special light version for a spell back in the Gibson days. It’s an excellent device, but pricey. I believe the flagship version Studio is $600 (or is it $700?) with 2 or 3 lighter/cheaper versions and upgrade paths from any version up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Yes. 

Please start another thread. This is not feedback specific to this release...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gustabo said:

Please start another thread. This is not feedback specific to this release...

My friend,  the version that i using is this and the problem no existing in other versions that i used. 

Then, i apreciatte your intension, but i understand that post is in the topic, to me, correct.

If no is correct, then the moderators change or delete this.

Edited by Milton Sica

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

My friend,  the version that i using is this and the problem no existing in other versions that i used. 

Then, i apreciatte your intension, but i understand that post is in the topic, to me, correct.

If no is correct, then the moderators change or delete this.

Not seeing this issue at all, you admitted it is a problem with one of your plugins. I am a moderator, would you like me to delete this so you can start a new thread?

1 hour ago, gustabo said:

Not seeing this issue at all, you admitted it is a problem with one of your plugins. I am a moderator, would you like me to delete this so you can start a new thread?

Do what you think is best. It is not surprising that users, like me, are seeking support from various other sources, such as various Facebook groups or even, like me, testing other tools, as much of what is posted here does not have, in the eyes of of moderators, relation to the release feedback thread. It is not admitted or questioned: what exists in this version and in the context of the relationship between Plugins and the application that could be causing what the user is bringing ?

Edited by Milton Sica

I agree with the moderator @gustabo This is an issue with using Melodyne. 
The belief that it only happens in the latest release is very far  fetched. 
I’d be very happy to try and help but this to my thinking is the wrong place to do this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Do what you think is best. It is not surprising that users, like me, are seeking support from various other sources, such as various Facebook groups or even, like me, testing other tools, as much of what is posted here does not have, in the eyes of of moderators, relation to the release feedback thread. It is not admitted or questioned: what exists in this version and in the context of the relationship between Plugins and the application that could be causing what the user is bringing ?

So delete it and you create a new post? Yes or no?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:41 AM, Milton Sica said:

I think that is a plugin problem into this project.

Had you previously created a Melodyne Region in this particular project as it is currently configured in an earlier version of CbB without issue? If not, and it's not happening in other projects, there's no reason to believe the issue is new to this release.

If it's somehow both project-specific and release-specific, the Bakers will have no hope of diagnosing it unless you submit a a copy of the project to Support.

• Thanks 2

On 2/1/2024 at 12:17 PM, Milton Sica said:

Melodyne Region - This is new to me. When i made a melodyne region the daw silence all audio.
Tip to solution ?

I assume you mean Region FX- Melodyne, which uses the ARA protocol to move the audio to a separate audio stream in its own window. 

If you play back the Region FX window you will only hear that audio, it is how ARA works.

If you start the CbB transport you should hear everything. 

Region FX- Melodyne works as expected here.

As noted by others this is a Melodyne issue and separate to the main topic of this thread. Which is feedback on the Core product not third party plugins. 

Please raise your Melodyne issue in a new thread thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Cakewalk crashes you should always submit the dump file. Just posting here is not going to result in the developers knowing what happened. 
To me a crash is not really a bug. It’s when something conflicted with the running of the software forcing shut down. The good news is this does generate a record so it can be analyzed. 

A-bug is a repeatable problem where something either doesn’t do what it should do or just doesn’t work at all. Bugs normally don’t crash the software. So there’s no reports generated. 

Edited by John Vere

My PC is offline. Now, every time I open Cakewalk, this pop up screen appears and cannot be closed until it counts down to 0...

QQ20240206175124.thumb.png.1e07d305bad1c25a7e4a181d7df2f87f.png

I think it's meaningless that I have to wait 20 seconds every time :(

I know if I'm online I will not see this, but my PC is not able to be online most of the time.

Is there a way to disable it?

There are also many other people encountering this: