NI - Big deals now

TracingArcs

5 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

hm now what? refund is only 14 days on ni if you cannot reedem software - what if uhe disable your serial after? better refund direct to ni? or any other idea? its responsibility of NI but ,,,

I'd assume there's no way you'll end up without your money and without your product. 

Also the discount was ~67% which isn't that outrageous or a clear indication of a "pricing error". Quite often sales in the industry seem to be 50-75% easily. I also feel like that in EU pricing errors usually have to be really obvious, as there's many cases where the rulings have been in the customer's favor.

• Like 3

Good Grief that was a wild ride. I think NI will honour their own software (I saved £60 more than the summer of sound sale on the update to K14U - Installed!). But third party items look a bit sticky particularly U-he stuff with regards to his statement.

I was sorely tempted but stuck to the one purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

oki here are news about NI : this is copy from another forum from today:

NI got back to me asking about when some of the hardware will be back in stock and they said this to anyone who's interested:

"The discount incident on the website has seemed to be a technical error, there was an unintended pricing discrepancy on our website due to a system error that occurred for a brief period.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused."

I today start be little angry on NI - they are silent - no react to Urs from Uhe from yesterday . that he was so unfriendly to all - who bought something and will say they will  revoke all etc blabla.....

if anyone here is some info, from NI etc pls share your experience

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Great Idea 1

51 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

if anyone here is some info, from NI etc pls share your experience

I haven't received any email from NI or U-he

I purchased only one product, and I don't know if they are checking the amount of products purchased too to send the information to the customers... but at the moment, nothing here

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Thanks 2

Wasn't there a similar incident with NI where they basically just said "sorry, but since this was obviously a mistake we don't need to honor those prices" and just cancelled the transactions for pretty much everyone? Or was it just a bad dream I had? :)

Anyhow, fingers crossed that those of you who managed to purchase some goodies get them. I wouldn't get my hopes up with the hardware, though. That seems unlikely.

• Like 3

They may still be confused.
Maybe they are in the process of talking privately and can't reveal it.

If they finally do respond with some kind of message, I think it is an act of good faith.
I have seen other developers who do not admit their mistakes, insist on justification, and treat their customers like crazies.

I hope NI is not one of those developers.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

I haven't received any email from NI or U-he

I purchased onlye one product, and I don't know if they are checking the amount of products purchased too to send the information to the customers... but at the moment, nothing here

Me neither. I hate this uncertainty.

I guess they're discussing the issue with their legal department/attorney/lawyer and fear to make a public statement that could be held against them.

• Like 2