[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

1 hour ago, norfolkmastering said:

I was hoping to see an issue reported back in February dealt with in the latest update.  It concerns lack of updating of the track output name in the API when a bus is renamed.  Mark said he had a fix and it would be included in the next release.  If you read the first three posts in the topic below, the issue and solution are discussed.  Can you let me know if this is an omission will be picked up before the final release please.

I think this has just been missed from the release notes.  The fix was done in the Sonar code in Feb, and applied to the CbB code back in April.

• Like 2

Just a quick verification to make certain what I am reading is correct, it isn't very clear: This early access release will be followed with the full public release of version 2023.09 and that is the version you must update to continue using Cakewalk by BandLab not this early access release. Correct?

On 9/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, Glenn Stanton said:

simple experiment - collapse a stereo track into mono - level?  collapse a stereo clip into mono - level? generally collapsing stereo into mono is a 3db gain. track, clip, buss, etc. of course final level is determined by content of L+R. so do the test with noise to assess the new level correctly - note that pan laws (like -3db center) can also impact the perceived results. 🙂 

e.g. i take a -18db stereo noise clip, bounce to mono  = -15db noise clip.

If I understand this issue correctly .... I thought it has existed by design for many years, not only in Cakewalk but most other DAWS, and is strictly the result of how you set your Pan Laws. Is there something else going on outside of the Pan Law settings?

1 hour ago, Jim Stamper said:

If I understand this issue correctly .... I thought it has existed by design for many years, not only in Cakewalk but most other DAWS, and is strictly the result of how you set your Pan Laws. Is there something else going on outside of the Pan Law settings?

correct, the conversation was whether or not the bounce to mono and/or collapse to mono created a gain over the original stereo...

On 9/2/2023 at 6:45 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

A full installer may be made available when it's released publicly.

That would be very helpful. To use this I'm assuming I'd have to remove and reinstall what I currently have?

Edited by Carl Posz

5 minutes ago, Carl Posz said:

Okay. If I install this early release, when the official release comes out can I just install that and continue as if I never installed the early release?

That’s usually the case... though sometimes additional releases fome out and other times, the version tested is the version released as in equals.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC support for the MS GS Wavetable has been removed due to incompatibilities with Windows 11.

It's stupid to remove it completely. It is unlikely that even 50% of users now use Windows 11

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good afternoon, I have a quick question regarding the update(that I believe I know the answer to. I am in the middle of a project and am leery about unknown unknows when it comes to updates. Can I safely assume that I cannot run the update on my system and still keep my most recent build(2022.11, build21) running parallel on the same machine? Assuming it is no, has anyone tried doing the update and rolling back with a Windows system restore? The project is a short film, and it's one of those where I don't hear anything for 2 weeks, and suddenly the director wants three scenes in a few days, I would not want to chance running into an issue without an escape hatch. 
As an aside, I have been using Cakewalk for a long time, and appreciate the community support. I am hoping the new pricing for the upcoming DAW is competitive, it seems like it will be. Thank you. 

14 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Guys, let's keep this thread on topic with discussing any issues you have with this particular Early Access release.  Any talk about future plans or price or anything outside of this particular release is only going to muddy up the thread. Please start a new thread in the main forum for anything outside of this.

Edited by Artie Choke
  • Like 2

I am not sure if this issue existed before the 2023.9 ER55, but I have just noticed it.

When I have saved a track template of a SIT with input echo enabled, and then reload it, the input echo of the loaded track template is not illuminated.  The input echo functions as if it is illuminated (ie, MIDI data is received), however.

Normal MIDI tracks are OK, though.

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]