Two time loser

Paul Bush

Well done ! . . . really liked the super edgy guitar with that big warm tone. Expertly bent in the guitar solo section.  Your aggressive (assertive) vocals, (more than your usual ?) totally work to support the lyric, could those harmony vocals come up a touch ?

Not sure if you're done with this one . . . but, I'm hearing some of the drum fills could be edited to help the flow between the sections . . . they are in time I think, but work against the guitar feel in places, and the guitar feel is what drives the song along to my ear, drums more of a back beat.

For sure another great song and recording, always look forward to having a listen when you post something new . . . this one is certainly a showcase of your guitar talents.

• Like 1

Terrific song, Paul!  As noted above, there are a few awkward transitions, timing-wise, but those can be fixed.  The rest of the mix is just fine.  Your voice is just right, and the guitars rock.  The mix is so good that those timing issues are clear, so I hope you take a little time to finalize this.  It's well worth it!

• Like 1

Cool tune Paul! Well produced and performed. I like the song structure, good hooks. Guitar work is top-notch, and nice vocs too! As has already been said, the only thing I really hear would be to tighten up the rhythm, and definitely bring up the background vocals. Great work! I followed you on SoundCloud by the way. 👏👏🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Ross Smithe
  • Like 1

Wow thanks guys ..yeah as always there´s some cliches in there . i had a lot of fun not trying for 3:30 minute song and just going for it...with my secondhand mexico strat and my new harley benton bass , recording took a long while not because it was difficult but because we`v had another really hot summer here in austria  and the studio was unbareable , once again thanks for all the positive input ..I´ll post again soon thanks P.......ps if anyone has the time to point out exactly  where the problem phases are  please fell free  Ive tunneled vision etc 

Edited by Paul Bush

Yes agreed as above good song Idea and structure but the  music is totally out of time to the drums. Almost sounds like you added the drums later. 

If the original part was recorded without a metronome then drag the guitar ? track to the timeline to create a tempo map. Then you can use that to quantize the drums. 

Use the audio transients, you can see any timing issues. Record the drums to a track and first sync up the bass and drums, then go from there. Bass can be moved around pretty reliably but guitar sometimes can get weird if stretched or shrunk very much to get in time. 

Using transients is sort of the older method that still can be used but drag and drop tempo extraction is much quicker when it works. And you do need Melodyne installed. 
I’ll add that once you extract a tempo map an additional step is required to line up the original audio to the grid.

Turn on ripple edit. Now select all CTRL A. And drag whole song and line up the first down beat to 2nd or 3rd measure downbeat. Turn off Ripple edit. 
The whole song should now follow the metronome

Hi Guys ,Once agian thanks for all the input .... well Ive been hard at it just tweaking the drums (fills) (EZdrums 2 ) and then in the midi channel and then cleaning up some slightly sloppy playing ie bass and guitar , moving the beats around in the midi channel is so time consuming but I think  i may have have cracked it (playing a hell of a lot air drummer)..cheers P