Alright Already, when Is Sonar being released!!

jesse g

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Now, that's kinda bash-y. 😄

No, more like fact-y, or perhaps 'accusator-y' thought, at least in certain groups of users eyes, you don't have to travel back to far to find evidence of users 'discussing' the issue ;) , and no, I'm not going to find it for you, although CCC and Rapture Pro etc 'might' be good places to start if one wanted to find examples of that particular trait on display,  and going back further in time things like the Matrix etc anyway.

as for the 2,000,000 CbB users, perhaps that is that other online app DAW thingy they are talking about, I have seen it discussed and that seemed to be the general thought, but anyway (2)

I hope it works out for them and the users, personally I don't think I'll ever come back, been gone for 8+ years now, but it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, could make for good entertainment, especially if you get some of those 'Lifetime Updaters' that have a certain feeling of entitlement, could be fun ;)  I purchased the Lifetime Update deal even though I had already departed, would have been a good deal if I ever came back, . . . and if it lasted longer than the blink of an eye lol, but we wont talk about that :) anyway (3)

Interesting to see that new 'Next' thing when it drops, see what it's all about. anyway (4) I'm off.

Edited by heath row
  • Meh 1

9 hours ago, heath row said:

No, more like fact-y, or perhaps 'accusator-y' thought, at least in certain groups of users eyes, you don't have to travel back to far to find evidence of users 'discussing' the issue ;) , and no, I'm not going to find it for you, although CCC and Rapture Pro etc 'might' be good places to start if one wanted to find examples of that particular trait on display,  and going back further in time things like the Matrix etc anyway.

as for the 2,000,000 CbB users, perhaps that is that other online app DAW thingy they are talking about, I have seen it discussed and that seemed to be the general thought, but anyway (2)

I hope it works out for them and the users, personally I don't think I'll ever come back, been gone for 8+ years now, but it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, could make for good entertainment, especially if you get some of those 'Lifetime Updaters' that have a certain feeling of entitlement, could be fun ;)  I purchased the Lifetime Update deal even though I had already departed, would have been a good deal if I ever came back, . . . and if it lasted longer than the blink of an eye lol, but we wont talk about that :) anyway (3)

Interesting to see that new 'Next' thing when it drops, see what it's all about. anyway (4) I'm off.

WTF?

I really hate it when people rant just to say, "I'm done with Cakewalk."  I never understood why people don't just leave. It's been said that misery loves company, but honestly get on with your life and stop trying to bludgeon others.

You have a choice to use any software or to not use it.  It's really that simple. 

As for the the Lifetime Updates Gibson offered, I distinctly remember asking myself, "Who's lifetime?" based on all the "End of Life" notifications I had received for various products I had purchased. I don't feel Bandlad owes people anything more over the Gibson "money grab."

Bandlab has generously provided free updates with some amazing new features and many improvements and bug fixes for five years.

Please just move on. Stop inflicting your misery on others.

. . . personally I don't think I'll ever come back, been gone for 8+ years now, but it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, could make for good entertainment,

JMO: People who plan their future so they can do revenge should find better things to do with their lives.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

What I meant was that there's no way to program one's own arpeggiator patterns for the built-in arpeggiator.

Yes, I see, and understand that now. 

17 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Which tool were you referring to that you think could be improved? And how could it be improved?

Matrix View, more integration with the track view. It has been a while since I used it, and Craig Anderton had a tutorial on it, but I still never got "into" it. If it was easier to use, I can see the potential in it for all genre's of music. 

Step Squencer, as you said, one of it's hidden features is that randomization of notes. The velocity setting of the notes, being able to split a note, and the timing of a note. All these little things are not that known. I found out a lot about them out of trial and error.

Session Drummer was a really good sampler. It would not have taken much to turn it's UI from a Drum oriented sampler to a General Purpose Intergrated Sampler/ROMpler.

I am at work and not able to open CW to remind myself of the things I think would help improve CW!!

Edited by Grem

11 hours ago, User 905133 said:

WTF?

I really hate it when people rant just to say, "I'm done with Cakewalk."  I never understood why people don't just leave. It's been said that misery loves company, but honestly get on with your life and stop trying to bludgeon others.

You have a choice to use any software or to not use it.  It's really that simple. 

As for the the Lifetime Updates Gibson offered, I distinctly remember asking myself, "Who's lifetime?" based on all the "End of Life" notifications I had received for various products I had purchased. I don't feel Bandlad owes people anything more over the Gibson "money grab."

Bandlab has generously provided free updates with some amazing new features and many improvements and bug fixes for five years.

Please just move on. Stop inflicting your misery on others.

JMO: People who plan their future so they can do revenge should find better things to do with their lives.

Off our meds today are we? 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

On 9/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, heath row said:

Well done on them getting a free DAW to that many people, hope they all kept using it and will all keep using it once they have to pay for it.👍

and of course all marketing is trust worthy, and everything you read on the net is true, so we're good to go, and that's a double thumbs up 👍👍

Edited by heath row

12 hours ago, heath row said:

That's the best you can do?

kiddies now days, where's that 'rolls eyes' emoticon when you need it.

Actually, it was the truth.  I thought of telling you to take your meds for your rant. But I thought that would be mean-spirited, rude, and insulting.

Then when you brought up meds, I wanted you to know that that's what I thought when I read your rant.

I do not play games like you do. I do not trade insults for the fun of it as you do.

I speak the truth.

"That's the best you can do?" and "kiddies now . . . . " is part of a typical one-up-manship mindset,

. . .when you brought up meds, I wanted you to know that that's what I thought when I read your rant.

2 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Three Things in Human Life Are Important. The First Is To Be Kind. The Second Is To Be Kind. And the Third Is To Be Kind

Henry James

"Giving crap back to those who try to crap on you might not be "kind," but (1) those that dish it out can surely take it, (2) that's the only thing some people understand, (3) speak truth to insults, innuendos, etc."   --Me  😜 

On 9/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, Pragi said:

Product bashing ,specialky on the HP of the developer is never a good idea, 

On the other hand  :constructive critic is very  welcome.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, Lord Tim said:

I think if it starts to get a little out of hand then we'll be asked to step in, but I also think that no product is beyond constructive criticism either. 

On 9/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, heath row said:

. . . you don't have to travel back to far to find evidence of users 'discussing' the issue ;) , and no, I'm not going to find it for you, although CCC and Rapture Pro etc 'might' be good places to start if one wanted to find examples of that particular trait on display,  and going back further in time things like the Matrix etc anyway.

Please re-read this ^^^^^ in conjunction with the recent discussion.  To me it seems intended as a display of cleverness and purports to be a defense against any possible accusation of being bashy:

On 9/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Starship Krupa said:
On 9/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, heath row said:

but, but, but, that's the Cakewalk way. 😁

I know you are only new here (relatively speaking) joining the old forums around the time of the great crash and the beginning of the ensuing uprising, I've been around since the dawn of time itself.

Now, that's kinda bash-y. 😄

On 9/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, heath row said:

No, more like fact-y, or perhaps 'accusator-y' thought, at least in certain groups of users eyes, you don't have to travel back to far to find evidence of users 'discussing' the issue ;) . . . .

but if you were to do an unbiased textual analysis, I expect the rant would be shown for what it is: an extension of "bashery" as if to say, "You want to accuse me of bashing, well here: read this. So there!!!!!!!"

In short, (1) there was a warning in regard to bashing, (2) the ante was upped with a rant, (3) I called the rant into question without resorting to insults,** (4) the ante was upped by with an intended insult, etc. and here we are.

**Note: "WTF" was a statement of disagreement, not an insult. 

10 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

you do seem to be literally quoting yourself above ^^^^

You are right.  I did quote myself:

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Then when you brought up meds, I wanted you to know that that's what I thought when I read your rant.

. . .when you brought up meds, I wanted you to know that that's what I thought when I read your rant.

Very perceptive of you.