Spam all over the site. REPORT guys!

Will.

10 hours ago, Canopus said:

Lord Tim, who's been the early morning janitor, hasn’t been logged on for almost two weeks. I hope he’s okay.

The other long time contributor I haven’t seen for a while is Mr Cook. Shows you how connected we all become here. 

38 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

The other long time contributor I haven’t seen for a while is Mr Cook. Shows you how connected we all become here. 

Yes, that's the elephant in the room. He hasn't been logged on for a month. Whatever the reason, I just hope he's well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, heath row said:

That is one dude who is well deserved a rest. The old forums to this forum, he was always there, answering away.

And never inaccurate like most of us. I learned more from him than anything else.

Possibly he was AI after all and part of the old server they are dismantling.  Just kidding Steve. Yes we hope all is well. 

22 minutes ago, John said:

Just deleted a few more spams. 

is there not something can be done server-side, so they don;t make it through? this is the only forum i see such an amount of spam, regularly, and i'm sure it's not being handled manually by kindly admins all over the rest of the web

I think at present the staff have done the right thing on this. The modes can see the spam  but the forum in general can't. We are alerted of the new posts and can deal with them.  I think it works pretty well.

New users need to be able to post and get answers. There is no perfect way to distinguish between spam and a real new post without human intervention. When a post is made by a new user it is hidden until a mode can look at it. Here we can ban the new user and delete the posts or unhide it and let the forum answer it. 

What is so disconcerting is how many spam post are made.  I sure would like to know what the point is to spam that way.   

2 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

is there not something can be done server-side, so they don;t make it through? this is the only forum i see such an amount of spam, regularly, and i'm sure it's not being handled manually by kindly admins all over the rest of the web

5 hours ago, John said:

Just deleted a few more spams. 

I hate to see spam deleted. I come to the Cakewalk forums specifically to learn about granite countertop epoxy, custom kitchen cabinets, and how to improve my SEO with "verified user" review farms in Bengladesh. How can we possibly expect to get the most out of Cakewalk without this vitally important information?

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

I hate to see spam deleted. I come to the Cakewalk forums specifically to learn about granite countertop epoxy, custom kitchen cabinets, and how to improve my SEO with "verified user" review farms in Bengladesh. How can we possibly expect to get the most out of Cakewalk without this vitally important information?

honestly, i'm only here for the sneaker ads anyways...