Waves Platinum Flash Sale

D-Fused Sounds

20 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Thumbs down for no links.   See how Larry does it or don't do it at all.

Actually, they are following the Forum rules. 

From Wookiee:

Consequently it is asked that you or your company:-

1. Do not include a direct links in the text body of your posts to your website or products on your website.

2. You can include a link to the index page of your website in your signature but not to specific products.

3. Individual's who find a deal and are not actually selling product may place a link in the body of their post

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Actually, they are following the Forum rules. 

From Wookiee:

Consequently it is asked that you or your company:-

1. Do not include a direct links in the text body of your posts to your website or products on your website.

2. You can include a link to the index page of your website in your signature but not to specific products.

3. Individual's who find a deal and are not actually selling product may place a link in the body of their post

My bad,  I didn't know it was a vendor.  I guess the post count should've given me a clue.

https://everyplugin.com/platinum.html#product-tabs2   

73.99 for me and it's not an upgrade.   Do I trust Lucy not to pull the football away this time.

I removed Waves from my email list.

This appeals to my plugin hoarding but bad business model.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, D-Fused Sounds said:

Sorry, I actually am not able to put it in the signature 😅 that's why I put it in the text but basically is just the homepage.

I think you should be good then. I’m using my iPhone’s web browser to view this Forum. And I actually can’t see people’s signatures for some reason. Only when I’m using my desktop’s web browser am I able to view people’s signatures. So, I’m thinking @Wookiee would be okay with this. Maybe this rule should be revised to take this into account?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionel said:

I think you should be good then. I’m using my iPhone’s web browser to view this Forum. And I actually can’t see people’s signatures for some reason. Only when I’m using my desktop’s web browser am I able to view people’s signatures. So, I’m thinking @Wookiee would be okay with this. Maybe this rule should be revised to take this into account?

It is not even an active link so it should be good. More interesting is why can't you add it to your signature? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

It is not even an active link so it should be good. More interesting is why can't you add it to your signature? 

That’s good to know. Just don’t use active links in the text body 👍

As for the signature… Even if they were able to add a direct link to their signature, smartphone and tablet users still wouldn’t be able to view it. I even tried viewing in Desktop Mode on my iPhone’s browser. No luck, Still can’t view signatures… unless I’m missing something.

• Like 2

Haven't bought a single Waves product and seen a bunch of people get acid reflux when saying the name out loud. So, from what I gather, they've got decent/good products but lots of anti-consumer stances? The ones I know about have to do with one machine activation limit and that they tried to get rid of the perpetual licences? 

Any other reasons to skip, what seems like a pretty decent deal with the discount?

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

Haven't bought a single Waves product and seen a bunch of people get acid reflux when saying the name out loud. So, from what I gather, they've got decent/good products but lots of anti-consumer stances? The ones I know about have to do with one machine activation limit and that they tried to get rid of the perpetual licences? 

Any other reasons to skip, what seems like a pretty decent deal with the discount?

There was a wee kerfuffle in March:

3 hours ago, Kirean said:

For me, at least... It's a "trust" issue.  I can no longer trust this company.  If they can get rid of perpetual licences, they can always do it again in the future... on a whim.  They never even had any polls/surveys or any kind of getting customer feedback when they made that stupid move.

It's unfortunate because they make some really good plugins.

If I could go back in time and do things all over again, I'd honestly skip Waves plugins and just focus on Melda, UAD/Spark and Plugin Alliance.

However, if Waves ever adopted the same type of upgrade and update policy as Melda, I'd for sure be all over their plugins. It'll never happen, but a guy can dream :)

7 hours ago, Kirean said:

Waves plugins are some of the best out there. Always have been. 

Some don't like what they do, some don't like what they did, and some don't like what they think they will do, as a company. 

The only reason I see to skip is the one license deal. However, they do offer an option to put your license on a USB key. So you can take your license anywhere with you, plug it in to any computer. Effectively making the one license point moot.

Then there's WUP (Waves Update Plan). It's a update/support plan that you can buy if you want... but you don't need to. Your plugins will work as long as the OS supports a DAW the has VST support. But it is something to be aware of.

In truth, there is no reason to skip on this deal. There are some great plugins in the Platinum bundle. The first four are really great plugins that use very little cpu. When they were released back in the day, they were some of the best plugins you could get. And still to this day, they are really good plugins! Add the Electric Grand 80 Piano in there, along with all the Renn plugins, Waves Tune, and the V plugins... then you've got your money's worth in my book. And that ain't even half of what you get.

60 plugins for $100 equals $1.67 each. 

60 plugins for $74 equals $1.24 each.

You won't find a better deal on that kind of quality plugins.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

In truth, there is no reason to skip on this deal.

Except maybe that most of us already have more compressors and DeEssers and EQs than enough.

Even if I trusted Waves, I'd rather spend that money on something that I really need and want 

Edited by audioschmaudio
Typo

31 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Except maybe that most of us already have more compressors and DeEssers and EQs than enough.

Even if I trusted Waves, I'd rather spend that money on something that I really need and want 

That maybe the case. 

But for someone who has no Waves plugins and wants to know why to skip this, I still say there is no reason to skip it if you have no Waves plugins.

I have more then enough comps, eq, and such. I got stuff from Melda, IK, UAD, PA, NI, and more. But I find myself going back to these Waves plugin because they just sound great.

Because they sound good.

• Like 3