Softube Passive-Active Pack Sale (Exclusive) for $19

cclarry

Does anyone know if these still install the channel strip modules for each plugin?

Alternatively - If I install them and someone sends me the channel strip file from an older install will that make them work as a channel strip plugin?

4 hours ago, FZ1 said:

Does anyone know if these still install the channel strip modules for each plugin?

Alternatively - If I install them and someone sends me the channel strip file from an older install will that make them work as a channel strip plugin?

When you say channel strip, I guess you mean ProChannel in Cakewalk? If so, as far as I know the last version that worked as a ProChannel module was 2.5.46 from May 2022. Later versions unfortunately seems to crash CbB. Softube has been made aware of the problem and acknowledged there's an issue, but haven't given any estimate if/when this is ever going to be fixed. I guess ProChannel support in CbB isn't on top of Softube's priority list.

There is no separate "channel strip file". ProChannel currently only supports VST2. As I understand it all VST2 plugins that supports PC have two interfaces; one "normal" UI and one separate for ProChannel. My solution to the issue in CbB has been to keep the VST2 version of 2.5.46 of Passive-Active Pack. I do the same for Softube FET Compressor v1 which has the same problem. As for the VST3 versions, I'm always using the latest.

So if you were to buy Passive-Active Pack and want to run it as a ProChannel module, my advice would be to ask Softube support for an installation file of version 2.5.46, install it, and then keep a copy of that DLL in a safe place as it will be overwritten whenever you run Softube Central.

• Like 1