Zildjian Limited Edition 400th Anniversary Ride Cymbal (20")

Jim Roseberry

• New-old-stock ride straight from Zildjian’s private family vault of vintage cymbals
  • Produced between the late-1930s and mid-1950s at the original Zildjian factory in Quincy, MA
  • 1 of only 200 A Series ride cymbals, 1 of 400 Vault releases for 2023
  • Drumstick marks and fingerprints left behind by Zildjian family tester Armand Zildjian
  • Potentially preserved fingerprints of period artists!
  • B20 bronze construction delivers iconic Zildjian sound with pure, rich, and focused tonality
  • Includes cymbal adapter to ensure flawless usage of the original mounting hole with modern stands
  • Makes a great display piece or coveted addition to your existing kit setup

• Like 1

I've had many Zildjian cymbals over the past 40 years.

I understand paying a bit more for highest quality cymbals... and that they do sound fantastic.

I had a 20" K dry ride that sounded/recorded beautiful.  I believe I paid ~$300 for it (new).

Also had a 22" Paiste Signature series Dry Ride that was amazing.  It was maybe ~$500.

20 years ago, I bought a DW Edge Snare drum that was ~$1000.  Probably the best snare drum I've seen/heard.

I thought that was a crazy amount for a snare.   🤪

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

While it is certainly a lot of money, I would love to hear it.

Does Zildjian have a sample player on their website like Paiste does?

BTW, I'll pass on that cymbal too (i.e. NOT Installed!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Does Zildjian have a sample player on their website like Paiste does?

Thanks Bapu! That's very cool to listen to the sounds. I have found my favorite Paiste ride now: Masters Dry Ride 20" (great bell sound and the tip is not too crashy)! But regrettably I am NO drummer! 😄

It would be great if the drums VSTis had more choices for good Rides like that!

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, MarcL said:

Thanks Bapu! That's very cool to listen to the sounds. I have found my favorite Paiste ride now: Masters Dry Ride 20" (great bell sound and the tip is not too crashy)! But regrettably I am NO drummer! 😄

It would be great if the drums VSTis had more choices for good Rides like that!

That's a fabulous resource. When I was looking to upgrade my crashes I found I had a very slight preference for the 2002s although the PST7s were a really close second for much less money.  I couldn't really decide so I got my wife to listen. She said go for the 2002s. Such an enabler. I ended up finding used 16" and 18" ones through GC for just over $300 for the both!

I'm not really a drummer either but I can bash around and make lots of noise. In time, too. If you can swing the cost and the space, the very basics are pretty easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

While it is certainly a lot of money, I would love to hear it. Also, it's cool to see a bunch of fellow drummers here! 

Apparently all of them are pre-order, so no one has received theirs yet. Memphis Drum Shop usually has sound demos of most of the cymbals they sell, but not even them have anything past the promotional video.