MSoundFactory Le $39

asprog

4 hours ago, JT music said:

Just to warn potential purchasers, you can NOT create your own synth setup with this version; you need the full version for that. With this version, you are limited to ONLY the global presets and the pre-made instruments.

All of which have quite a bit of tweakability.  This isn't like a snapshot preset system.

I have the full version but have never entered the edit page other than to see what it looks like.  The full version would let you create instruments you can sell (or give away) to others.

And that Melda Grand is easily worth the $40 alone for anyone with gigs of space it takes up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JT3Jon said:

Is this a price point that comes around often enough? Think it will be on plugin boutique at some point or is it worth opening a WA production account?

In theory normal sale price on this is $55.  Meldas sales are 50% off and this one retails for 109.

This doesn't look like a current normal sale deal. If you have already used a Melda $10 sign up voucher and a 20% off referral this might be worth it.  If you haven't gone that route before then I'd wait it out.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Deal runs out soon and I'm still undecided. Does anyone know if one can upgrade from LE to the full version? Does MSoundFactory LE count toward the bundle prices?

I bought MSF LE from Plugin Boutique (2021: £40.80).  At the time they had no mechanism for purchasing the upgrade through them, but since third party purchases need to be registered with Melda Production, I was able to get the upgrade pricing directly from Melda.  From what I have seen, $39 for LE is an excellent price. 

UPDATE: See this page. It says "Can be upgraded to: MSoundFactory."  Note: I just looked up my invoice. I upgraded during one of the 1/2 price sales and received a loyalty credit for LE on top of the 50% price.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 3

This is not looking like a bad deal. And since I recently purchased some more storage space.... this might be one to get. 

Recently I have been messing with MTurboComp and MTurboReverb and am very impressed with these two plugins. Just using the presets of these two plugins, I have found that they are extremely tweakable, and I can get almost anything out of them. 

So if MSF LE is anything like these, (and I suspect they are) this LE version maybe all I need.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Grem said:

So if MSF LE is anything like these, (and I suspect they are) this LE version maybe all I need.

MSF LE does not have access to all the editable features you find with the Edit Button, but from what I remember, there are some things you can tweak with the Global settings.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Deal runs out soon and I'm still undecided. Does anyone know if one can upgrade from LE to the full version? Does MSoundFactory LE count toward the bundle prices?

And which sounds are included in the free player version?

Yes, you can upgrade, but... I just purchased this and am downloading the Essentials and the two pianos (3 GB, 3.5 GB and 40 GB!). I did have an upgrade option to the full version, but Melda can tell what you paid for it, so my upgrade price was 269 €. I have ZERO need for the full version. So, this was the bargain for MSoundFactory that I've been waiting for.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Yes, you can upgrade, but... I just purchased this and am downloading the Essentials and the two pianos (3 GB, 3.5 GB and 40 GB!). 

This reminds me, for any instrument if you look at the Device GUI (such as the Meldaway Grand Piano), you can see whole bunches of tweakable parameters that are accessible without having the Edit Button that's in the full version.  That might be a good way for people to decide if its worth $39. 

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

This reminds me, for any instrument if you look at the Device GUI (such as the Meldaway Grand Piano), you can see whole bunches of tweakable parameters that are accessible without having the Edit Button that's in the full version.  That might be a good way for people to decide if its worth $39. 

And I already have AAS' Multiphonics 1 & 2. If I ever decide to build my own instrument, I already have a platform to do that. So, I've got all I need from Melda. And good tip on the instrument parameters. Meldway is still downloading. I'm on  500 mbit/sec fiber link, but Melda isn't delivering at that bandwidth (actually about 5% of that).

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

Installed it, activated it, now going through some of the presets. 

Then I learn IO have to d/l the sound content. first one is over 3gb. The second one, all drums, is 1gb. Then there is another 20gb of free content to explore! 

Gotta work in the morning. So I won't get a chance to hear them all.

This was worth the $40 I spent.

• Like 3