Vengeance Sound VPS Avenger Rent To Own Sale (Exclusive)

cclarry

51 minutes ago, Robert Joseph said:

What 4 synths would those be? 

That's easy. ;)

Xils PolyM
Xils PolyKB
Xils 4
Xils KaoX

All of them have been $49 on sale and the first two are in the top 10 of available soft synths on the market.

Not to mention Tracktion F'em and Biotek 2 have been $29 each and you can of course always get Knifonium and Thorn dirt cheap during PA sales...

• Like 1

Just now, ralfrobert said:

Or if you are after tons of presets, snatch Rob Papen Explorer 8 for less than 200 second hand. You get a huge playground, far more than 4 synths. 

Those are not my cup of tea at all, but yeah, great value if you don't mind more digital sounding synths (IMO). I've seen it for as low as $150.

1 minute ago, jngnz said:

Those are not my cup of tea at all, but yeah, great value if you don't mind more digital sounding synths (IMO). I've seen it for as low as $150.

TAL synths are another option when on sale and bundled. Not too many presets, but excellent sound. 

Avenger is on another level if you listen to it or to samples on YouTube.  For example, it has drums. Or even guitars incorporated into some patches.

Although these sequenced patches sound amazing, I tend to need to turn off layers of stuff, like the arps and the drums so that I can actually play the sound.

The overwhelming capability of Avenger is admirable. It’s also the reason I like and use Spire much more often. Spire has the great synth sounds out of the gate but doesn’t have all the automation turned in.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Avenger is on another level if you listen to it or to samples on YouTube.  For example, it has drums. Or even guitars incorporated into some patches.

Although these sequenced patches sound amazing, I tend to need to turn off layers of stuff, like the arps and the drums so that I can actually play the sound.

The overwhelming capability of Avenger is admirable. It’s also the reason I like and use Spire much more often. Spire has the great synth sounds out of the gate but doesn’t have all the automation turned in.

Understood. But lots of things I heard about the product just make it a no-go for me. 

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Ever since I got Spire from RevealSound, my interest for Vengeance has dwindled to a trickle. 

I got ANA 2.5 a few weeks ago second hand for a very good price. I know, it may be inferior to Vengeance and this kind of monster synth, but it has given me nothing but happiness until now. 

• Like 3

Just grabbed the (on sale and new) Trance and House presets for Ana 2.  Worthy additions!  Favorited a bunch.   Ana 2 is solid but doesn’t have that much support.

Spire is my first choice when thinking of a cool synth sound.

Avenger is top shelf. The sound designers knock it out of the park.  A bit overpowered, but it can easily be adjusted to get awesome results.  

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

Just grabbed the (on sale and new) Trance and House presets for Ana 2.  Worthy additions!  Favorited a bunch.   Ana 2 is solid but doesn’t have that much support.

In deed.  I went back to the following post to learn something about ANA 2 from the 46 replies. LOL- tangents galore.  Nice to see that someone has used it and found some value.

• Like 1

Returning to the thread, Avenger is an Sinth eight-layer all-rounder plus rhythm accompaniment drums which is out of the ordinary and common synth, it can not be bought with Spire or Ana 2 which are common techno or trance oriented synth, it could be compare only with Rapid from Parawave which also like Avenger is another excellent complement.

• Like 1

Good points. Avenger is a do-it-all-rounder and to that end I adore Omnisphere. But I mostly love solid separates like Spire, Diva, Zebra, Hive, and the Arturia bunch. Yet I do also enjoy playing with PhasePlant, UVI Falcon and EastWest Forbidden Planet. I did read too many forum posts about issues with Avenger and Rapid to jump off the fence but who knows, maybe later gator. 

• Like 1

Rapid is really good. Pricey. But occasionally there are sales for the expansions.  I use it often.

As Avenger has so many capabilities it stands out as the one that blows you away when you select some of the sequence presets.  I guess Dune 3 has that aspect as well.  But Avenger has a ridiculous library of expansions available - all high quality.

As @Fleer noted, the dedicated single synth sounds of other products that also have high, high quality can be easier to keep your creative concentration - or fit to the song you want to make.

For song starters Avenger can generate some great ideas with its strong collection of layered sounds within presets.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2

I bought Avenger a long time ago.  It was one of my first soft-syths aside from built-ins.  I became put-off by the copy protection that kept popping up and requiring a lot of fuss.  This has changed though, to a less annoying system.  Because of that, I set it aside and only recently discovered that that was changed (actually a couple years ago I think).  It does have some great sounds, although they tend to emphasize the "song on one key" in demos, which does show it off well.  When I was following Avenger forums (years ago) there was a lot of comparison with Rapid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...