Plugin Alliance - Support

LittleStudios

3 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

Did Plugin Alliance change their tech support interface?  Anyone experiencing delays?

I'm more than a little curious about what tech support issue(s) you're having with a Plugin Alliance product. I have a rather large collection of them myself....

I'm not having an issue with any other their products.  I'm in need of a BIOS update and it's my understanding that their method of licensing uses your computer ID.  If I update my BIOS my ID will change.  Their suggestion is to deactivate my machine before the BIOS update and then reactivate with the new computer ID after my BIOS update. Here's the issue, you're limited to 7 deactivations before they require you to buy a new license, which is a crock.  So you're basically being punished for basic computer maintenance.  I want to talk to customer service to find out how many deactivations I have left, which the website doesn't show.  If you're going to put limitations on licenses, you need to give me more information.

Edited by LittleStudios
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

you're limited to 7 deactivations before they require you to buy a new license, which is a crock

Whoa, I didn't know that. That is indeed a crock. I mean, I have upgraded systems several times since first purchasing PA product, which makes me wonder if I'm in danger of bumping up against this limit.

Has anyone here ever run afoul of it? How do Plugin Alliance respond to pleas for clemency?

In encouraging news, I have updated BIOSes without losing PA authorization, so I wouldn't bother with wasting a deactivation on a BIOS update. You can still deactivate offline systems.

Still, that is one harsh policy.

Edited by Starship Krupa

10 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

I'm just basing it off what I read on their site so I was looking to their support for clarification.

And you ended up here instead! 😆

Well, have a seat and get some coffee then! 😉 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

Funny how that works,  looking for support with using their support.  At some point we're going to discover a paradox that will blip the universe out of existence and none of this will matter...

Some say that's already happened! 😁

• Like 1

Well, I still haven't heard from Plugin Alliance, Izotope or Native Instruments.  I submitted IT Tickets to all three.  They all have the same interface.  So, yeah. 

I moved forward with the BIOS update and so far all is good.  All my plugins still work, yet the machine ID is now different and doesn't match what is on PA's website/my account. 

Funny, IK Multimedia told me to deactivate before I flashed my BIOS and reactivate after the fact.  Well I didn't do that and just like PA, everything is fine and no extra authorizations were used.  What the hell's the point of the licensing system and threats of limits on activations if they don't even work?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

Here's the issue, you're limited to 7 deactivations before they require you to buy a new license, which is a crock.  So you're basically being punished for basic computer maintenance.

Where did you see that? I did a search and came up with this (below), but it looks like they'll be happy to reset your limit if/when you come to it (I'm just guessing, but I'm interpreting it to mean if it's spaced out over a certain period of time?). Things may change once it's all rolled into Native Access anyway.

image.png.656668c64c0ca7221c9b34b72fd7f9c0.png

This is a screen grab from their site.  You need to go to the manage devices section of your account.

image.png.de1af1915e4c0bc0b9a7c39422ad89e5.png

Like I mentioned before, I wanted to make sure I was understanding things correctly and I tried contacting Tech Support/Customer Support.  The intent of my original post was to find out if their new customer support ticket system was working correctly because I had not heard from them yet.  It wasn't to bitch and moan about their licensing policy, just kind of ended up there.

Edited by LittleStudios
  • Like 1

Update time, so I did receive a response from NI Product Support (iZotope), this is how the email was identified.  So this is clear indication that their customer, their as in Plugin Alliance, Izotope and Native Instruments is officially under the Native Instruments umbrella now.  I digress.  Here's the response:

Due to the high amount of incoming requests, we currently cannot achieve our desired response times. We think it is important to let you know about the current situation. We apologize for the delayed response to your request and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I'm sure I'll get the same response in regard to my Plugin Alliance and Native Instruments customer support request.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:16 PM, LittleStudios said:

I'm not having an issue with any other their products.  I'm in need of a BIOS update and it's my understanding that their method of licensing uses your computer ID.  If I update my BIOS my ID will change.  Their suggestion is to deactivate my machine before the BIOS update and then reactivate with the new computer ID after my BIOS update. Here's the issue, you're limited to 7 deactivations before they require you to buy a new license, which is a crock.  So you're basically being punished for basic computer maintenance.  I want to talk to customer service to find out how many deactivations I have left, which the website doesn't show.  If you're going to put limitations on licenses, you need to give me more information.

To manage you license with PA,  log  into your PA account and click on YOUR ACCOUNT.    Next go to  "Licenses & Plugins" and click on  either Manage Devices or Manage  Your Licenses .  These two areas  will allow you to manage the  activations of all the plugins you own and  the state of computer activations as well.

23 minutes ago, jesse g said:

To manage you license with PA,  log  into your PA account and click on YOUR ACCOUNT.    Next go to  "Licenses & Plugins" and click on  either Manage Devices or Manage  Your Licenses .  These two areas  will allow you to manage the  activations of all the plugins you own and  the state of computer activations as well.

Yes, I'm aware of this.  As I stated before, I wanted clarification on their policy directly from their customer support, but unfortunately they had not responded and it was taking a longer time than usual.  I was just curious if others had the same experience with PA/Izotope/NI customer support.  I'm not confused on how to manage my licenses or devices.

• Like 2